IGNORED

Pato - 2 things

Davefevs

Funnily enough, one of the main gripes from Derby fans yesterday seemed to be that apparently Paterson was booked for pulling Holmes shirt in the box but Stroud only gave a corner? 
I can’t remember why Pato was booked but sounds more likely he was booked for dissent?

14 minutes ago, SBB said:

Funnily enough, one of the main gripes from Derby fans yesterday seemed to be that apparently Paterson was booked for pulling Holmes shirt in the box but Stroud only gave a corner? 
I can’t remember why Pato was booked but sounds more likely he was booked for dissent?

Excellent - getting away with a pen is almost as good as the scoring against your old club rule!

I'd add :

3) Sublime pass with his back to goal to Semenyo to open up Derby.  Great vision.

Whilst Paterson is far from a lazy player he is not your typical industrious midfielder, but I'm glad he is a regular as he provides goals, assists and, every now and then, unexpected sheer brilliance.

24 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I'd add :

3) Sublime pass with his back to goal to Semenyo to open up Derby.  Great vision.

Whilst Paterson is far from a lazy player he is not your typical industrious midfielder, but I'm glad he is a regular as he provides goals, assists and, every now and then, unexpected sheer brilliance.

The media would have been wetting themselves if Rooney had played that pass.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

1. If only he’d block tackled Marshall in the first half!

2. Was he impeded by a Derby defender on a dodgy back pass?  Haven’t seen it again, but it looked blatant from my front room (?)?

Listening to the commentary on TALKSPORT2, Chris Iwelumo thought it was both blatant and a Red Card. 

55 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I'd add :

Yeah, that’s been covered in other threads.

1 hour ago, bcfcnick said:

I'd add :

Yep, absolutely. 
Pass of the game.

As @Harry has highlighted, Pato quite often assists the assist. Which brings to mind a song:

"When they assist the assist(e),

It brings back the sound of music so tender,

It brings back a night of tropical splendour, 

It brings back a memory ever green.

I'm with Pato once more under the stars,

Blah blah blah orchestra's playing,

Blah blah blah palms swaying,

When he assists the assist(e).

Blah blah .... moments divine ......

.......  clouds  ..... blah blah .... disperse the joys .....

And now when I hear people curse the chance that was wasted (ffs Wells/Fam),

I know but too well what they mean

So don't let him begin, er, sorry, assist the assist(e),

Blah blah blah,

Blah, Blah blah,

Oh yes, let him assist the assist(e), make them play,

Blah blah blah,

Blah blah blah,

"Darling/Jamie I love you!"

When you assist the assist(e)..."

C'mon @Harry, what dew think? Sing this in that S82 of yours?

27 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

As @Harry has highlighted, Pato quite often assists the assist. Which brings to mind a song:

"When they assist the assist(e),

It brings back the sound of music so tender,

It brings back a night of tropical splendour, 

It brings back a memory ever green.

I'm with Pato once more under the stars,

Blah blah blah orchestra's playing,

Blah blah blah palms swaying,

When he assists the assist(e).

Blah blah .... moments divine ......

.......  clouds  ..... blah blah .... disperse the joys .....

And now when I hear people curse the chance that was wasted (ffs Wells/Fam),

I know but too well what they mean

So don't let him begin, er, sorry, assist the assist(e),

Blah blah blah,

Blah, Blah blah,

Oh yes, let him assist the assist(e), make them play,

Blah blah blah,

Blah blah blah,

"Darling/Jamie I love you!"

When you assist the assist(e)..."

C'mon @Harry, what dew think? Sing this in that S82 of yours?

3 slight issues me old mate. 
1) Not allowed in the ground at the mo. 
2) I’m no longer in the S82 thing - family stand now old chap. 
3) I’ve got no idea what the tune is?  ?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

No. 2 highlights the issue I have with "S82" - people feel they are not allowed to sing anywhere else ? (this is not directed at you @Harry, just at the world in general)

Just now, Shtanley said:

How has nobody mentioned his ridiculous obsession with nutmegging players. I reckon the majority of times when he loses the ball it is through him trying to nutmeg someone.

It’s almost like you could dedicate a whole podcast to it!

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Ask yer missus, or have a rummage in her old vinyl/CD collection: you want to look out for "Julio Inglesias," and/or she might have the Richard Clayderman version instead/too.

You could sing it in that Spanish bar (don't go in there without a vaccine, mind) you frequent, for sure.

5 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ask yer missus, or have a rummage in her old vinyl/CD collection: you want to look out for "Julio Inglesias," and/or she might have the Richard Clayderman version instead/too.

You could sing it in that Spanish bar (don't go in there without a vaccine, mind) you frequent, for sure.

Bojangles!!! I’ve just found the tune. Wowsers mate, I’ve never heard it before. 
And I can confirm that it’s definitely not up my Mrs tree, that one. 

Interesting point you make about the Spanish Bar though. Considering the old bill took offence at fans drinking outside, I wonder if they’ll have to operate some kind of Covid allowance, meaning we can freely drink outside, claiming that only those who’ve been vaccinated can drink inside. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Bojangles!!! I’ve just found the tune. Wowsers mate, I’ve never heard it before. 
And I can confirm that it’s definitely not up my Mrs tree, that one. 

Interesting point you make about the Spanish Bar though. Considering the old bill took offence at fans drinking outside, I wonder if they’ll have to operate some kind of Covid allowance, meaning we can freely drink outside, claiming that only those who’ve been vaccinated can drink inside. 

You want us to believe you are oblivious to the magnificence that is/was Julio Inglesias? Pull the other one, fella. How can we take you seriously about Marlon Pack or Matt Grimes or Ollie Watkinsisname or the next wunderkid on loan rjght now at Exeter or Clevedon Town we should’ve gone for if you don't know yer Real Madrid reserve keepers in the 1970s? 

Archived