IGNORED

The FA will look into an incident which appeared to show Preston's Darnell Fisher twice grabbing Callum Paterson's genitals in their win over Sheffield Wednesday.

Unan

I can see how it is instinctively kind of amusing... but on the other hand the bloke has basically just turned up to work and been publicly sexually harassed/assaulted?

I hope the guy who did it gets the book thrown at him personally, totally out of line. Not so funny after all in my opinion!

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Liked to have seen him do that to Gerry Gow !! Or Robbie Turner ......

...........Night Night

I think Fisher is incredibly lucky not to be on the receiving end of a broken jaw tbh. He was playing a very risky game and I would imagine the odds would not be far off 50:50 in terms of players who would be prepared to let it ride, like Paterson, and players who would react badly to it. Had he received a broken jaw from being punched in those circumstances he would have 100% deserved it in my view. Do similar to a female physio in the dressing room and he's sacked and probably unemployable at any other football club.

I would give him a 12 match ban and send him on an education course during that time tbh.

12 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I can see how it is instinctively kind of amusing... but on the other hand the bloke has basically just turned up to work and been publicly sexually harassed/assaulted?

I hope the guy who did it gets the book thrown at him personally, totally out of line. Not so funny after all in my opinion!

Totally agree. Can't believe there isn't uproar in the media over this, yet when aguero touched the female lineswoman, they wanted blood! 

https://talksport.com/football/775492/sergio-aguero-man-city-retrospective-action-touching-lineswoman-sian-massey-ellis-arsenal-game/

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm....

It seems he was not the only one, even 'our own' Matty Taylor likes to play the same game.

b25lY21zOjg2YWMyM2RjLWNiMGYtNDE1Zi04MTJhLThmNTc2OTIzYWI2ZTpkZjUwOTNiZi0zOWM3LTQ4ZGQtYTY4Yi1mNDcyMjcyZTEzOGE=.jpg?crop=982:524,smart&width=990 

Bloody wierd if you ask me. If I did this to a girl (or guy!) in the work place, I'd be sacked immediately. Really not sure why this is any different. 

2 minutes ago, Akira said:

Bloody wierd if you ask me. If I did this to a girl (or guy!) in the work place, I'd be sacked immediately. Really not sure why this is any different. 

The football world will argue it's something other than a sexual assault that would cause the likes of you and I to get sacked but it's very easy to fix whatever you call it. Just ban anyone caught for 12 matches. Job done, no fuss. There's gamesmanship I couldn't care less about (all the gobby behaviour and stuff that goes on during matches etc.) but not sure I want to watch too much of a sport where men grab other men's bollocks to try and get them to react and sent off tbh.

There has long been an argument that a physical assault on a football pitch, e.g. Pépé, is overlooked - and I am aware of Duncan Ferguson’s conviction and subsequent prison sentence - but I remain baffled as to why what seems to me as sexual assault is ignored (legally) - again, I am aware that the FA are investigating both recent incidents.

Re. Matt Taylor, he does have previous, with his (apparently) large tackle dangling in some cup Rovers won.

No doubt MT and the Preston player will be punished without a hearing, but I should have loved to hear/read any justification of their actions.

Archived