IGNORED

Imagine my shock

Shtanley

Wow once again we're discussing a goal set up by Antoine Semenyo...

I'm almost getting bored of talking about him... Not.

Pete and Josh join me to discuss the win amongst other things.

Any thoughts on the mural idea would be appreciated. 

LISTEN HERE OR FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA 

As always keen to hear people's thoughts on the episode. Things you like and dislike. Things you agree and disagree with! 

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Cheers guy - listening now.

Odd one - Is the podcast on any services that I can play it though a Sonos Smart speaker? A lot easier to listen to than through the iPad. 

I don't have a Sonos, but maybe this link will help? It's for an iPhone but I guess an iPad would be set up the same way.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-add-apple-podcasts-to-sonos?r=US&IR=T

I thought @petehinton summed it up brilliantly when he said that we'll struggle to get a better result this season given the recent outbreak within the squad. Saturday was the first time I was truly gutted I couldn't be at the Gate and it was probably the only win this season where I'm still buzzing about it the following Monday morning! 

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

re murals....how about a permanent one to the Ashton Eight ?

Another great listen, thanks lads.

Would prefer something with Deryn Collier and Ken Sage getting the recognition for their parts in saving the club. Often appear omitted when talking of this period whilst the Ashton Gate 8 bask in the glory. 

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Would prefer something with Deryn Collier and Ken Sage getting the recognition for their parts in saving the club. Often appear omitted when talking of this period whilst the Ashton Gate 8 bask in the glory. 

I’m not sure the eight ‘bask In the glory’ but you are spot on about Collier and Sage

@Shtanley

Trouble with a mural of our player of the season is we pretty often sell them straight after handing them the award. Do you then want a 20ft high painting of them? Or a loanee? Tammy was ace but would we really have wanted his lovely little face staring at us from the end of a terrace whilst he was playing for Swansea?

To my mind the subject matter would be better if it was more historical. Maybe a collage of famous events? Leave some space for things to be added in the future maybe?

The 8 have one in the concourse now don't they?

Also, the club have that bloke as the "official artist" now. Pretty sure he's a local fan. Suspect AG can tee you up with that. This bloke.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/artist-jordan-paints-city-s-heroic-ashton-gate-eight/

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Shtanley

Trouble with a mural of our player of the season is we pretty often sell them straight after handing them the award. Do you then want a 20ft high painting of them? Or a loanee? Tammy was ace but would we really have wanted his lovely little face staring at us from the end of a terrace whilst he was playing for Swansea?

To my mind the subject matter would be better if it was more historical. Maybe a collage of famous events? Leave some space for things to be added in the future maybe?

The 8 have one in the concourse now don't they?

Also, the club have that bloke as the "official artist" now. Pretty sure he's a local fan. Suspect AG can tee you up with that. This bloke.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/artist-jordan-paints-city-s-heroic-ashton-gate-eight/

You won’t be saying this when Semenyo signs a 10 year deal! 

Semeny-on. My attempt at that Lee Mack joke…:facepalm:

Can you contact the chap who organises Upfest? Possibly through their FB page, or the shop in North St if and when it opens…

Following on from the comment regarding a player of the season mural, would it be better to have something in a similar style to the Angry Robin, or would you like it updated annually?

Is the robin still on the side of the 3 Lions?

Was thinking if it’s updated yearly we could tie it in with UPFEST each time.  Presuming they would want it. Good point with our player of the season often leaving, I still think that makes most sense.  Young player of the season? Local player of the season?Just one of Deano? A different city legend each year? 

Will chat to UPFEST soon, they can let me know which painters/designers are local and if any support city. Would prefer it if it were as local as possible. First step is finding a suitable wall away that upfest haven’t locked down.

I will ask Mark Kelly who designed and painted the murals inside AG. 

Great stuff as always...

### Pedantry Alert ###

After putting Dave right on who we sold Jim Brennan to last week, I can’t allow Josh’s statement that we sold Ade to Leicester stand without correction. We sold him to Wolves. They then sold him on to Leicester shortly after. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Was thinking if it’s updated yearly we could tie it in with UPFEST each time.  Presuming they would want it. Good point with our player of the season often leaving, I still think that makes most sense.  Young player of the season? Local player of the season?Just one of Deano? A different city legend each year? 

Will chat to UPFEST soon, they can let me know which painters/designers are local and if any support city. Would prefer it if it were as local as possible. First step is finding a suitable wall away that upfest haven’t locked down.

I will ask Mark Kelly who designed and painted the murals inside AG. 

Champagne moment of the season? Nice big mural every season of the previous year's best moment. Would give some meaning to that award as well as it's currently little more than a twitter vote.

Could make it tricky during shite seasons, and potentially opens you up to Boaty McBoatface type shenanigans. However, if the club/SC&T presented a shortlist of half a dozen 'acceptable' moments then you might be able to avoid a massive "[Manager Name] Out" mural every year.

Archived