IGNORED

Matchday Thread from Watford's Forum

Abraham Romanovich

A good read especially for those who enjoy dry humour .

"and have a good record having won the second and third tier titles in their past, they really are the stuff that dreams are made of."

"well it has a dock, and we are not talking a dodgy dock like Portsmouth that is full of sailors looking for prostitutes"

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/bristol-city-vs-watford-fc-25-11-2020-7-45pm.57795/

24 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Enjoyed the post, but reading the rest of the thread you would think they were in the bottom three not two points off the top. All about expectations I guess but even so.

It's like reading one of the matchday threads on here..............................

The only difference being that the very worst posters on here literally disappear until the next match (when we are winning) but will literally appear again the very next match we are either behind or playing badly. It's bizarre for either a "supporter" or a "fan" of a football club to act like that and be so negative of their own team imo.

22 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Enjoyed the post, but reading the rest of the thread you would think they were in the bottom three not two points off the top. All about expectations I guess but even so.

Mind you, reading some of the posts on OTIB you’d think we were in the bottom three not one point off the top.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Mind you, reading some of the posts on OTIB you’d think we were in the bottom three not one point off the top.

Saturdays victory showed that we have a minority of fans (too large a minority, mind) who are literally only happy when they are slagging the club, team, manager, coaches, individual players off. I said a couple of weeks ago that many people follow football yet show no evidence at all that they enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Saturdays victory showed that we have a minority of fans (too large a minority, mind) who are literally only happy when they are slagging the club, team, manager, coaches, individual players off. I said a couple of weeks ago that many people follow football yet show no evidence at all that they enjoy it.

We’re meant to enjoy it?!?  ?

Just now, Isawjonshaw said:

We’re meant to enjoy it?!?  ?

Just show a little happiness that the team won perhaps......................rather than "we won BUT.............................." (insert list of gripes here).

If we go a goal down to Watford tomorrow I could easily name you posters who rarely appear at any other time but who will be the first to respond and bellyaching like babies..........again. You do wonder whether one or two of them are Gas but I wouldn't credit Gasheads with that kind of thinking having met a few. They tend to obsess from afar.

38 minutes ago, cityexile said:

What happens when you dabble with the Premiership

Look at other similar Clubs Forums As well

Toxic Unless they are clearly cruising back 

**** the Premier League , getting there would be fun 

Being there ? - Not so fun I predict

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Just show a little happiness that the team won perhaps......................rather than "we won BUT.............................." (insert list of gripes here).

If we go a goal down to Watford tomorrow I could easily name you posters who rarely appear at any other time but who will be the first to respond and bellyaching like babies..........again. You do wonder whether one or two of them are Gas but I wouldn't credit Gasheads with that kind of thinking having met a few. They tend to obsess from afar.

I was being sarcastic.  At least Pongo got it!   Although saying that, if I was being completely honest, until that final whistle has gone (City 1 rovers 0 Donowa for example) as much as I've enjoyed our goal(s) true joy never came until the fat lady sang!!

I've seen City at Watford around a dozen times and always found their fans to be friendly. Especially when walking through the allotments to the away end as it was where there was plenty of distasteful ammunition!

It's also a ground where I've seen a match without City being involved. It was back in the eighties with the Hammers visiting.

Now this was probably the height of the hooligan and racist problems. WHam having always had a portion of fans who slagged their own black players let alone the opposition. The only place I could go in the ground was in the away end. The major Watford stars were Barnes and Blissett so you can imagine the atmosphere after 25 minutes with Watford leading 3-0 with 2 by Barnes and one from Blissett. Tasty to say the least.

Ended 5-2 with only about 10% of Hammers fans still there, with most having climbed over the wall to get out.

I'd prefer it to be away as our record there is pretty good. With one notable exception. Remember 2-5 when we ended the game with only 8 left on the pitch?

1 hour ago, Isawjonshaw said:

I was being sarcastic.  At least Pongo got it!   Although saying that, if I was being completely honest, until that final whistle has gone (City 1 rovers 0 Donowa for example) as much as I've enjoyed our goal(s) true joy never came until the fat lady sang!!

I realised YOU were tbf ?. I found the reaction by quite a few to the win on Saturday bizarre though.

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've seen City at Watford around a dozen times and always found their fans to be friendly. Especially when walking through the allotments to the away end as it was where there was plenty of distasteful ammunition!

It's also a ground where I've seen a match without City being involved. It was back in the eighties with the Hammers visiting.

Now this was probably the height of the hooligan and racist problems. WHam having always had a portion of fans who slagged their own black players let alone the opposition. The only place I could go in the ground was in the away end. The major Watford stars were Barnes and Blissett so you can imagine the atmosphere after 25 minutes with Watford leading 3-0 with 2 by Barnes and one from Blissett. Tasty to say the least.

Ended 5-2 with only about 10% of Hammers fans still there, with most having climbed over the wall to get out.

I'd prefer it to be away as our record there is pretty good. With one notable exception. Remember 2-5 when we ended the game with only 8 left on the pitch?

That end has been developed now. There's what looks like an industrial estate going up plus extra parking for the hospital.

I go to the hospital now and again for work and the parking is desperately needed.

28 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I used to work in Watford many years ago, and, whenever I went to Vicarage Road, I always found it devoid of any atmosphere.

If I recall correctly, the City match to which you refer (Wayne Allison et all) was that of the fantastic Ray Atteveld own goal.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I used to work in Watford many years ago, and, whenever I went to Vicarage Road, I always found it devoid of any atmosphere.

If I recall correctly, the City match to which you refer (Wayne Allison et all) was that of the fantastic Ray Atteveld own goal.

That was Millwall wasn`t it or did he get two?

Archived