IGNORED

Steve Mac Back at WRDCFC

Silvio Dante

58 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just been appointed as an “an advisor to the board/technical director”.

Suggests that the new man coming in won’t be vastly experienced, and seems to also point to Rooney with the England links.

That’s what I thought when I heard the news too. Wonder if the Derby fans have realised they are highly unlikely to get Benetez now. 

30 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

wwab/dhwandc  reads wally with a brolly/dick head with a notes derby county,quite a ring to it i think

The picture of a brolly wasn’t a brolly and the M wasn’t an M....Wayne thought the M was for McClaren, and the brolly was obviously the Croatia game.

However Wayne was reading it upside down.

It was in fact a “W” and a pic of an “anchor” and it was a bit too cryptic for Wayne.

You do wonder to yourself about Wayne Rooney being appointed despite having no qualifications, whilst Liam Rosenior has done all his badges and is already at the club. There's not many opportunities for black managers in the first place, and you feel it would be a bitter pill to swallow if Rooney is quickly appointed.

Am I right in thinking Lampard, Gerrard etc. had done their badges before taking over at their respective clubs?

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

You do wonder to yourself about Wayne Rooney being appointed despite having no qualifications, whilst Liam Rosenior has done all his badges and is already at the club. There's not many opportunities for black managers in the first place, and you feel it would be a bitter pill to swallow if Rooney is quickly appointed.

Am I right in thinking Lampard, Gerrard etc. had done their badges before taking over at their respective clubs?

Would put a new twist on the "Rooney Rule" wouldn't it?

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is it just me who doesn't see Rooney as a manager?

I understand Lamps, a clever guy, a leader. But Rooney? Neither. 

I'd describe Lampard as educated rather than clever.

I don't think either Lampard or Rooney are stupid, just that one had some advantages in their youth over the other.

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is it just me who doesn't see Rooney as a manager?

I understand Lamps, a clever guy, a leader. But Rooney? Neither. 

I think Stevie G is doing the best out of all the golden generation players as Managers currently. Done a fantastic job at Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, if any of us had the resources of Celtic or Rangers in that division you'd be expected to get a top 2 finish, even Ben Garner.

As much as I think it's easy for Celtic and Rangers. Just check out Rangers pre-Gerrard, they were a mess, and also their results in Europa have been very impressive. He's done a great job has Gerrard.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The picture of a brolly wasn’t a brolly and the M wasn’t an M....Wayne thought the M was for McClaren, and the brolly was obviously the Croatia game.

However Wayne was reading it upside down.

It was in fact a “W” and a pic of an “anchor” and it was a bit too cryptic for Wayne.

Bit too cryptic for me as well.....

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just been appointed as an “an advisor to the board/technical director”.

Suggests that the new man coming in won’t be vastly experienced, and seems to also point to Rooney with the England links.

Betting seems to be John Terry. Sky Bet have him at 4/5

Archived