IGNORED

Jack Grealish

downendcity

6 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

How was Rooney flawed? I know Grannies aren’t everyones cup of tea but come on. 

Always was a bit of a loose cannon (see World Cup 2010 anger at fans), Marital issues as mentioned above, lots of drinking throughout his career.

On talent alone he is right up there with the best of his generation and when he first broke through looked as if he was going to keep pace with the very best in the game. He never quite fulfilled it and seemed to peak in his early 20s. Like Owen in some ways, he will always be one of those that could've gone on to achieve more. I would suggest if he 'lived the life' a bit more (ala Ronaldo) he would've made more of his natural ability. 

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/24/aston-villa-captain-jack-grealish-pleads-guilty-to-careless-driving

Driving at up to 98mph directly behind other cars on the M42, I can never understand what goes through people’s heads when they decide to drive like such idiots.

Not excusing Grealish but some balance is required here.

He is a relatively young guy at 25 and lots of guys his age are reckless drivers, particularly as in this case he’s behind the wheel of a powerful motor. Add to that his fame and wealth and it’s no surprise that it can go to their heads and some get grandiose ideas.

I did loads of idiotic things in my 20s..............:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He is a relatively young guy at 25 and lots of guys his age are reckless drivers, particularly as in this case he’s behind the wheel of a powerful motor. Add to that his fame and wealth and it’s no surprise that it can go to their heads and some get grandiose ideas.

Agreed. Having that much money and fame at that age isn't particularly good for people on the whole. Unless you're incredibly grounded it usually changes your perspective and in some cases will make you think you're untouchable. 

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Did they say reckless driving or reckless diving? Guilty of both I think.

My OP

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

Has just been charged with careless diving. ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s not specific to Grealish I just don’t understand why some people seem to think it’s ok to drive way over the speed limit/like idiots and put both your own and other drivers lives at risk.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It’s not specific to Grealish I just don’t understand why some people seem to think it’s ok to drive way over the speed limit/like idiots and put both your own and other drivers lives at risk.

In fairness i'm not sure there are many people who haven't driven whilst being over the limit at some time in their life.

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I think its just a lack of imagination. I would say 90% of people drive too close on motorways - nowhere near the required stopping distances - because they just don't think what would happen if the car in front of them went from 70mph to zero in a couple of seconds.

27 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness i'm not sure there are many people who haven't driven whilst being over the limit at some time in their life.

That may have been true forty years ago, but not now I think. I usually allow myself strictly one drink, but many people I meet won't even have a half if they're driving home.

30 minutes ago, Super said:

That’s true but there’s a difference between driving at 75mph on a clear motorway to driving at 98mph right behind other drivers to try and get them to move over. If those drivers in front of Grealish had to brake suddenly or had a malfunction with their vehicle there’s a strong likelihood he’d be dead. I can’t comprehend how people can justify to themselves that it’s ok to drive like that. 

45 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Hopefully now he's in the England team team and doing really well he'll be a bit more responsible and behave. But he is a breath of fresh air in the England set up and I watch their games because of the excitement he brings. The rest are pretty boring to be honest.

There have been many comparisons with Gazza although he's a way off at the moment in my opinion. 

Even at his peak, Gazza remained as daft as a brush and the least likely to confirm and stick to the rules. 

Perhaps it might be, that with someone with his type of ability, we have to accept that Grealish will have personality traits and flaws that will always frustrate managers and fans. 

47 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I reckon that keeping within the speed limit on any motorway is really difficult. 70mph seems ridiculously pedestrian especially when you see others bombing past in the outside lane. 

Ive certainly gone over the limit on numerous occasions but luckily never got pulled over. 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I reckon that keeping within the speed limit on any motorway is really difficult. 70mph seems ridiculously pedestrian especially when you see others bombing past in the outside lane. 

Ive certainly gone over the limit on numerous occasions but luckily never got pulled over. 

On many motorways these days getting up tp 70mph is the real challenge. 

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Even in a minibus ??

Archived