IGNORED

Jack Grealish

downendcity

3 minutes ago, daored said:

How the **** can he reverse straight into a van that looks like it’s in a parking bay like that and then crash into the gates ?

Clearly off his face! And it’s not like his Mercedes AMG wouldn’t have a reversing camera in (although it might not of worked after hitting the van & before he reversed into the second car)!

I don't like him, so may be biased, but the way he falls very time and screams with it, really pisses me off.

Now I will just say , he is a very good player and does get fouled a lot. But today Livermore getting sent off looked as much to do with it being Grealish, holding his leg and screaming as the foul. To me, and I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, Livermore tries to hook the ball back. Now, his foot goes over the top of the ball which looks poor, but there looks to be little or no contact. The Ref may see the over the top as reason to send him off, fair enough, but I was thinking if that was a City player he would A) not scream & B) just get up and get on with it. Against us I wonder if he'd go. 
The second one is the Pen. I'm not sure there's contact, and I'm 100% sure if you are tripped your leg doesn't go stiff like his. VAR and the Ref look on the monitor and still give it. I really do hate a lot about modern football.

On another point , Man U Vs Leeds, hell of a game.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't like him, so may be biased, but the way he falls very time and screams with it, really pisses me off.

Now I will just say , he is a very good player and does get fouled a lot. But today Livermore getting sent off looked as much to do with it being Grealish, holding his leg and screaming as the foul. To me, and I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, Livermore tries to hook the ball back. Now, his foot goes over the top of the ball which looks poor, but there looks to be little or no contact. The Ref may see the over the top as reason to send him off, fair enough, but I was thinking if that was a City player he would A) not scream & B) just get up and get on with it. Against us I wonder if he'd go. 
The second one is the Pen. I'm not sure there's contact, and I'm 100% sure if you are tripped your leg doesn't go stiff like his. VAR and the Ref look on the monitor and still give it. I really do hate a lot about modern football.

Modern football and modern players mate. Cheating is now part of the game and the referees can't or won't deal with it.

1 minute ago, Red Shadow said:

Modern football and modern players mate. Cheating is now part of the game and the referees can't or won't deal with it.

I wonder the point of the Ref looking at the monitor, no guarantee they get the right decision after dozens of views and 5-10 minutes wasted.

Taking the joy out of the game, bit by bit.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I wonder the point of the Ref looking at the monitor, no guarantee they get the right decision after dozens of views and 5-10 minutes wasted.

Taking the joy out of the game, bit by bit.

4 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

Yep even the British players are cheats these days - did you see Wilson yesterday for Newcastle 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Straight red for diving? Would stamp it out somewhat.

Or at least diving in key positions- ie opposition penalty boxes.

Him and Aston Villa are well matched tbh- wish they'd gone under or at least into admin summer 2018.

Even the only time that goal line technology went wrong, it saved them from relegation. Really dislike Villa now.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Thats the way i saw it aswell he did lunge but little connection with Grealish .

Terrible challenge.   Players with the ability of Grealish need to be protected.   Love watching Grealish play and though I was more than happy to boo him in a pantomime way, I would love to have anyone be with even half his ability in our team.  Can't fathom the hate for him on here.  Wish he'd stayed with Ireland, though.

13 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Can't fathom the hate for him on here.

Might just be a general hatred for Villa, and he makes himself an easy target.
It's only football 'hatred' anyway. Imagine if he'd be loved if he played for us.
Don't forget, many of us used to 'hate' Matty Taylor... 

46 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Terrible challenge.   Players with the ability of Grealish need to be protected.   Love watching Grealish play and though I was more than happy to boo him in a pantomime way, I would love to have anyone be with even half his ability in our team.  Can't fathom the hate for him on here.  Wish he'd stayed with Ireland, though.

All players need protection from bad over the top challenges not just the Grealish's of this world. I don't understand the thinking that some players are deserving of protection but others are not. Their careers are important too. 

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

All players need protection from bad over the top challenges not just the Grealish's of this world. I don't understand the thinking that some players are deserving of protection but others are not. Their careers are important too. 

I didn't mean to imply he deserves more.  Football has come a long way from players like chopper Harris scything down more skilful players and risking serious injury.  I want to skilful players like Grealish on the pitch, not out injured.   (It would help if he wore some proper shin pads.  It looked like Livermore was aiming above his child size shin pads on purpose).

First of all jack grealish is probably one of the best midfielders in the country at the moment.and secondly Livermore is a dirty b-s-ard who gets away with it most weeks so to get red yesterday made my night.when city played them last season he was lucky to stay on the pitch.just deserts.

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

He gets kicked a lot, gets a lot of fouls and I have no problem with that. I don't like cheats, even worse, I hate the fact that it makes others 'go down' easily because they won't get the foul otherwise. The Pen from yesterday looks worse every time I see it. I don't think there's contact at all. The sending off, yes Livermore is like that, it is reckless , and possibly could be a sending off, I'm still not 100% sure there's contact. This thing where players scream when touched is pathetic, feigning injury should be bookable IMO as it's done to try and get another player booked. Happened so many times over the weekend, and with so many cameras you can often see the sneaky look to see of the Refs fallen for it. 

20 minutes ago, redsocks said:

1) First of all jack grealish is probably one of the best midfielders in the country at the moment .2) and secondly Livermore is a dirty b-s-ard who gets away with it most weeks so 3) to get red yesterday made my night.when city played them last season he was lucky to stay on the pitch.just deserts.

1) Possibly true

2) Also true

3) Fair play, no problem with that

None of that makes it a genuine Red, or excuses him for diving and conning Refs. 

I sit at the front of the Trinity Stand usually so when Grealish plays on the left I'm probably 25 metres away from him. He gets targeted almost every game. Regardless of division.

They go for him and chop him down when he drifts past. When we played Cardiff they were taking it in turns. After the sixth or seventh time, I noticed that he would fall over screaming before the contact came, almost as if he'd might as well throw himself down rather than be hacked. 

That said he wins us free kicks when sometimes lead to goals and points.  

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Straight red for diving? Would stamp it out somewhat.

Or at least diving in key positions- ie opposition penalty boxes.

Him and Aston Villa are well matched tbh- wish they'd gone under or at least into admin summer 2018.

Do you get some sort of pleasure in seeing other football clubs suffer ? Or go under. 

You must be really pleased about what's happening to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Do you get some sort of pleasure in seeing other football clubs suffer ? Or go under. 

You must be really pleased about what's happening to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. 

Going under is a bit much, so is admin tbh.

I do though kind of clamour for a levelish playing field. Or a playing field that is as level as possible.

A levelish playing field would have had fixed asset profits EXCLUDED as per a) UEFA and b) The old regulations. Or best case scenario would be that the EFL hire a valuer and this takes precedence for P&S purposes.

The haggling over Derby in the first instance, then the sketchy Impairment reversal for Aston Villa and then worst of all the EFL encouraging Sheffield Wednesday to get the job done AFTER the accounting period done.

The EFL taking such an approach was wrong. In all 3 cases, in Derby's case they appear to have got a £3m annual discount on their rent for Pride Park!

Happy to see them struggling on the pitch, off it deep down, no fan wants to see rival clubs go bust. I include all clubs in that, Aston Villa too.

As for Grealish he's a fine player. Can go down easy however and seems a bit of an arse off the pitch. Then again, young men lots of fame and money, can easily happen.

Livermore is what's missing from our team . I know a lot don’t like him, I also think Warnock would’ve shaken up our little club when we had the chance to appoint him . We’ve been too soft for quite a few years . 
As for Jack he’s quite the talent and real great to watch until he falls down like the rest of em . If any of the three above signed for us we’d love em !!

Archived