IGNORED

Jack Grealish

downendcity

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Livermore is what's missing from our team . I know a lot don’t like him, I also think Warnock would’ve shaken up our little club when we had the chance to appoint him . We’ve been too soft for quite a few years . 
As for Jack he’s quite the talent and real great to watch until he falls down like the rest of em . If any of the three above signed for us we’d love em !!

I'm with you on Warnock. Would love him here.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Going under is a bit much, so is admin tbh.

I do though kind of clamour for a levelish playing field. Or a playing field that is as level as possible.

A levelish playing field would have had fixed asset profits EXCLUDED as per a) UEFA and b) The old regulations. Or best case scenario would be that the EFL hire a valuer and this takes precedence for P&S purposes.

The haggling over Derby in the first instance, then the sketchy Impairment reversal for Aston Villa and then worst of all the EFL encouraging Sheffield Wednesday to get the job done AFTER the accounting period done.

The EFL taking such an approach was wrong. In all 3 cases, in Derby's case they appear to have got a £3m annual discount on their rent for Pride Park!

Happy to see them struggling on the pitch, off it deep down, no fan wants to see rival clubs go bust. I include all clubs in that, Aston Villa too.

As for Grealish he's a fine player. Can go down easy however and seems a bit of an arse off the pitch. Then again, young men lots of fame and money, can easily happen.

You need to blame the EFL for these things.

You say you want a level playing field, yet nearly all Bristol City fans aspire, aim for promotion and seeing their club in the Premier League.
I assure you the very last thing you will ever find in the Premier League is a level playing field. 

As for Jack Grealish he is our talisman, supports the club, cares and provides the X-factor for us. We need more players on his level if we're going to keep him. Or progress. We have had nine years of mercenaries, sub-standard players, long-term injuries and others who were happy to pick up a £50,000 a week wage packet whilst going through the motions.

Let us at least have one shining light. A hometown hero.

21 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Terrible challenge.   Players with the ability of Grealish need to be protected.   Love watching Grealish play and though I was more than happy to boo him in a pantomime way, I would love to have anyone be with even half his ability in our team.  Can't fathom the hate for him on here.  Wish he'd stayed with Ireland, though.

You cant understand the dislike towards a blatant cheat and someone who has shown complete disregard for the law on multiple occasions?

Bizarre.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You cant understand the dislike towards a blatant cheat and someone who has shown complete disregard for the law on multiple occasions?

Bizarre.

Dislike is one thing, hate is another.

I was only responding to comments made about Jack Grealish, the footballer.  Jack Grealish, the driver, is a dick.

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

Dislike is one thing, hate is another.

I was only responding to comments made about Jack Grealish, the footballer.  Jack Grealish, the driver, is a dick.

You can't separate Jack Grealish into convenient entities. 

Jack Grealish has clearly got **** all common sense but is a good player in spite of squealing like a pig every time he's touched 

5 hours ago, redsocks said:

Why does this forum dislike grealish and more so villa so much when they're not even our rivals.

I don’t - Grealish is a fantastic player - consistently the most fouled player each season - because he is exciting and can run with the ball - I ignore the ones who simply dismiss a flair player as a cheat when he is constantly hacked down in full flight. 

I quite like Villa too - my sister is a Villa fan and I’ve spent quite a few afternoons with her on the Holte End - now that home support knows how to make a noise, deafening on that brill home end ...

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

You can't separate Jack Grealish into convenient entities

Jack Grealish has clearly got **** all common sense but is a good player in spite of squealing like a pig every time he's touched 

I can and I just did. It's really easy.  You do whatever you want, but it works for me. 

6 hours ago, redsocks said:

Why does this forum dislike grealish and more so villa so much when they're not even our rivals.

You can probably find the answer, but I'm pretty sure it's too do with the last 2 or 3 seasons when we played em up there.

From my own experience I've never come across a set of fans that have  such a self entitlement attitude than villa. This was from multiple sources throughout the day and sitting close by to home fans for 90 mins. It's the analogy of the spoilt kid with a terrible attitude.

Obviously this ain't all villa, but you know, mud sticks and all that

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t - Grealish is a fantastic player - consistently the most fouled player each season - because he is exciting and can run with the ball - I ignore the ones who simply dismiss a flair player as a cheat when he is constantly hacked down in full flight. 

I quite like Villa too - my sister is a Villa fan and I’ve spent quite a few afternoons with her on the Holte End - now that home support knows how to make a noise, deafening on that brill home end ...

Always had them down as a fairly dour lot- or is that just the Brummie accent? ;)

Never had Villa Park down as terribly passionate though.

You can just see it dripping through- Smith is a Villa man and what a moaner he was last year! Can tell he's a Villa man alright...

Always thought they were a bit dour though Aston Villa, and a proportion of them showed a great sense of entitlement and gobshitery when in the Championship- don't see the appeal personally.

21 hours ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

You need to blame the EFL for these things.

You say you want a level playing field, yet nearly all Bristol City fans aspire, aim for promotion and seeing their club in the Premier League.
I assure you the very last thing you will ever find in the Premier League is a level playing field. 

As for Jack Grealish he is our talisman, supports the club, cares and provides the X-factor for us. We need more players on his level if we're going to keep him. Or progress. We have had nine years of mercenaries, sub-standard players, long-term injuries and others who were happy to pick up a £50,000 a week wage packet whilst going through the motions.

Let us at least have one shining light. A hometown hero.

Shaun Harvey has a lot to answer for...

Agreed- but Parachute Payments appear to be a necessary evil, last thing we need is clubs getting in extra revenue/profit through suspect means. However, the gap at PL level financially is off the charts but the Sky money gives space for shocks arguably.

That's a fair argument, but again I come back to the levelish playing field- Grealish is top class but plenty of clubs sold academy products, homegrown heroes albeit on a lesser scale to help ensure compliance. I do have some sympathy on some levels but otoh...some clubs sold two homegrown heroes and their talisman who came from (to cite @Robbored ) a bit of a 'Head and kick merchant' when we had hit rock bottom in 2013, to our leader, talisman. Got full value for him financially and in many ways on the pitch.

Am sure if you go through a lot of clubs at this level in the last few seasons, we can find similar stories.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always had them down as a fairly dour lot- or is that just the Brummie accent? ;)

Never had Villa Park down as terribly passionate though.

You can just see it dripping through- Smith is a Villa man and what a moaner he was last year! Can tell he's a Villa man alright...

Always thought they were a bit dour though Aston Villa, and a proportion of them showed a great sense of entitlement and gobshitery when in the Championship- don't see the appeal personally.

Not dour at all - the pubs around Villa Park are absolutely buzzing pre match and post match - lots, apparently  including you, have forgotten how big they actually are as a club - they can draw a 42k crowd easily - they have brill chants for every player and their non stop support is deafening - I’ve experienced it loads ... we are nowhere near the level Villa find themselves both on and off the pitch ... we should accept our place in the pecking order and just crack on ... people slagging off Grealish and Villa are small time - Villa has won the European Cup, the European Super Cup, the Intertoto Cup and been champions of the top division (not league) in our country seven times, they’ve also won seven FA Cups and five league cups - laughable to belittle them ...  but people still do... a massive club steeped in history... I’ve got a lot of time for the Villa 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not dour at all - the pubs around Villa Park are absolutely buzzing pre match and post match - lots, apparently  including you, have forgotten how big they actually are as a club - they can draw a 42k crowd easily - they have brill chants for every player and their non stop support is deafening - I’ve experienced it loads ... we are nowhere near the level Villa find themselves both on and off the pitch ... we should accept our place in the pecking order and just crack on ... people slagging off Grealish and Villa are small time - Villa has won the European Cup, the European Super Cup, the Intertoto Cup and been champions of the top division (not league) in our country seven times, they’ve also won seven FA Cups and five league cups - laughable to belittle them ...  but people still do... a massive club steeped in history... I’ve got a lot of time for the Villa 

To be fair, five of their FA Cups and six of their league titles were before World War One.

But I accept what you say. They certainly aren't a small club.

I just wish their fans wouldn't constantly feel the need to go on about it.  There's something "Considerably bigger than yow" about many of them. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be fair, five of their FA Cups and six of their league titles were before World War One.

But I accept what you say. They certainly aren't a small club.

I just wish their fans wouldn't constantly feel the need to go on about it.  There's something "Considerably bigger than yow" about many of them. 

Cheers RR - yep, their fans can be a bit gobby - but I try to think what our fanbase would like if we’d won the European Cup in recent-ish times to go with numerous league titles and Cup triumphs - we’d take ‘gobby’ to extremes - remember that loads on here creamed their jeans when we won the third division title and a meaningless trophy under Cotts - I’m not knocking Cotts or that season at all - I loved every minute of it, it was superb - but that slight highlight in our history is absolutely nothing compared to Villa - they are a massive club, we aren’t - but some can’t seem to grasp or accept that... 

6 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

You can probably find the answer, but I'm pretty sure it's too do with the last 2 or 3 seasons when we played em up there.

From my own experience I've never come across a set of fans that have  such a self entitlement attitude than villa. This was from multiple sources throughout the day and sitting close by to home fans for 90 mins. It's the analogy of the spoilt kid with a terrible attitude.

Obviously this ain't all villa, but you know, mud sticks and all that

They’ve won the European Cup and lots of league titles and high profile domestic cups - our fans were strutting around pontificating when we won Div 3 and a pretty meaningless lower league trophy - their fans realise they are a huge club and act accordingly - our fans wish we were and act accordingly - eg displaying bitterness and envy when big clubs and their fans dare to demonstrate any evidence of their standing in the game ...

On 22/12/2020 at 17:22, Mr Popodopolous said:

Shaun Harvey has a lot to answer for...

Agreed- but Parachute Payments appear to be a necessary evil, last thing we need is clubs getting in extra revenue/profit through suspect means. However, the gap at PL level financially is off the charts but the Sky money gives space for shocks arguably.

That's a fair argument, but again I come back to the levelish playing field- Grealish is top class but plenty of clubs sold academy products, homegrown heroes albeit on a lesser scale to help ensure compliance. I do have some sympathy on some levels but otoh...some clubs sold two homegrown heroes and their talisman who came from (to cite @Robbored ) a bit of a 'Head and kick merchant' when we had hit rock bottom in 2013, to our leader, talisman. Got full value for him financially and in many ways on the pitch.

Am sure if you go through a lot of clubs at this level in the last few seasons, we can find similar stories.

A decade or so ago we sold £20m worth of academy talent. Nathan Baker was also from our academy. Upon relegation we lost Veretout, Ayew, Clark,Gueye and later Amavi. 

As I said to you before we're only ever going to try to strengthen to improve if we go down. The fans expect, demand that. 
You might think we were lucky to get sugar daddy billionaire owners, but consider we also had a crap owner before that. One who nearly had us in administration. 

And if Spurs had offered £30m cash for Jack Grealish before the Edens/Sawiris takeover they would have got him. But Levy had to play hard ball, take the piss and offer £5m plus Josh Onomah.

Grealish himself thought he was going, and told fans that he was on his way although he didn't want to go.

Personally I'm sick of the club becoming the Jack Grealish show.

Archived