IGNORED

Jack Grealish

downendcity

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I reckon that keeping within the speed limit on any motorway is really difficult. 70mph seems ridiculously pedestrian especially when you see others bombing past in the outside lane. 

Ive certainly gone over the limit on numerous occasions but luckily never got pulled over. 

Robbo Rebel

On 25/11/2020 at 10:17, Robbored said:

Not excusing Grealish but some balance is required here.

He is a relatively young guy at 25 and lots of guys his age are reckless drivers, particularly as in this case he’s behind the wheel of a powerful motor. Add to that his fame and wealth and it’s no surprise that it can go to their heads and some get grandiose ideas.

I did loads of idiotic things in my 20s..............:facepalm:

Driving minibuses ? 

On 25/11/2020 at 10:06, Phileas Fogg said:

Always was a bit of a loose cannon (see World Cup 2010 anger at fans), Marital issues as mentioned above, lots of drinking throughout his career.

On talent alone he is right up there with the best of his generation and when he first broke through looked as if he was going to keep pace with the very best in the game. He never quite fulfilled it and seemed to peak in his early 20s. Like Owen in some ways, he will always be one of those that could've gone on to achieve more. I would suggest if he 'lived the life' a bit more (ala Ronaldo) he would've made more of his natural ability. 

How can you compare Owen's career to Rooney's? 

Owen, although arguably one of the best of his time, had numerous injury problems that he could never quite get over from. His time at Man Utd, he wasn't really a first team player because of his injury problems. A free transfer that was relatively low risk, and although was by no means a disaster, is never going to be talked about in the same way as Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Ronaldo, Charlton.

Rooney has not had the injury problems Owen had, and although when he went to America and then returned to Derby, you could say he's dropped a level, but is it more of a case that he knew his legs had gone at the top level, and was just happy to play regularly at a competitive level? Don't forget that these days he operates in a more deep role, and you're just as likely to see him in his own box than the oppositons.

Argument could be made that Owen was happy to sit around on the bench towards the end of his career and get games/appearances when possible. Rooney on the other hand, decided to drop a level to carry on playing. 

I'd say Rooney was the more successful of the two, and possibly the more "rounded player", who has also changed his game to fit in with how he can play.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

He just strikes me as someone that won’t be bothered about a ban & will carry on driving regardless! He’s never shown any remorse or regard for anything he’s previously done!

Have you seen the video of his driving that’s been released- he should never be allowed to drive again absolutely awful 

Just now, daored said:

Have you seen the video of his driving that’s been released- he should never be allowed to drive again absolutely awful 

Yeah, I just watched it about 5 minutes ago. 
Now this isn’t the police’s fault but the fact that the idiot was seemingly drink-driving & left the scene of the accidents clearly saved him & allowed him to carry on showing little regard for anyone else apart from himself, which really doesn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Yeah, I just watched it about 5 minutes ago. 
Now this isn’t the police’s fault but the fact that the idiot was seemingly drink-driving & left the scene of the accidents clearly saved him & allowed him to carry on showing little regard for anyone else apart from himself, which really doesn’t surprise me.

How the **** can he reverse straight into a van that looks like it’s in a parking bay like that and then crash into the gates ?

Archived