IGNORED

Watford – Wed 25th November 19:45 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I tell you what, we are ******* awful going forward arnt we. 

Two chances at the end pretty much sum us up as an attacking force. Both scuffed up in the air 

Performances like that makes you hope they extend the lock out!

In fairness, given the number of players we’re missing and everything that’s happened over the past fortnight I think they’re giving it a bloody good go at the moment.

Third at this point of the season was not what I expected when Dean was appointed. Will it last? In any other season, playing like that you’d say no. This year? Who knows.

Rowe and Moore should be hitting the target there at the end at least but it’s another game unbeaten. Better second half but still pretty turgid stuff to watch. Maybe it’s just the malaise of no atmosphere, but games just feel a bit ‘going through the motions’ at the moment - no spark or anything to get you out of your seat.  A bit ‘meh’! 

I really enjoyed that second half. The energy and high press was there and forced Watford into errors. Couple of shaky moments defensively but overall pretty sound. 

Little mention for Jack Hunt. I think this has been his best spell in a City shirt. 

The difference between us and Watford is they will absolutely tank a few teams this season.........but they have a few £20-40m players and we don’t.

First half we were pragmatic bordering on boring tbf but second half we saw a lot more of the ball and competed.

Holden is getting it right at the back end and that is where you start as a Manager. Vyner really starting to show us there is a player ready to burst out and with no Kalas to hold his hand too.

Nagy should be told to go home and stay there until they leave for Reading, the bloke must be exhausted!!

Stayed in the game first half , but better side second . Defended well apart from one or two moments . With all our injuries we’re doing really well. I was nervous before the game about taylor Moore , but he had a decent game , apart from trying to chip the ball over the strikers head and we nearly got done. ? decent point though 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Great performance and great point. Clean sheet against £60m of strikers with our entire main back line out injured. Some of the comments on here are embarrassing

What he said. 100%.

Anyone who watched our players properly would see that they all busted a gut tonight.  Even COD was running round like a lunatic. 

Despite each of our back 5 trying to gift them a goal at some point ( need to address this over playing at the back) we still came away with what might be a valuable point. 

Well played lads.  And another mention for Nagy. The guy's ability to run,  despite playing so many games is amazing.  3 wins and a good draw when Nagy has played.  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Great performance? Now that's a embarrassing comment. Can't fault the effort but technically not very good at all. Watford were there for the taking, they've only won once in their last 6 away so let's not make them out to be world beaters.

They’ll no doubt end up top 2 or 3. £60m+ worth of strikers. Probably the best keeper to play at this level. We had 9 players out injured and still played really well. On another day we win that game 2-0. Dunno what you’re expecting pal

1 minute ago, Jimbo76 said:

Despite each of our back 5 trying to gift them a goal at some point ( need to address this over playing at the back) we still came away with what might be a valuable point. 

It's often the case, but I thought Watford's only real chances came from us dithering or overplaying in and around our own penalty area. 

51 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'm struggling to understand how you don't understand how very very decimated our team is due , initially, to injuries and then Covid ripping through the ranks. Meanwhile no fans home or away.

Surely you can understand that things are just not as good as they could be. We're not third bottom - we're third top despite EVERYTHING.

I forgive being entertained whilst we are keeping up with the pack with so much of the season to come.

Just out of interest - how much are you spending to contribute to BCFC entertaining us, @Galway Red? You don't even support OTIB with a fiver so I guess you just feel entitled.

Are you drunk? 

No one should have been surprised if we lost, but again we have a clean sheet, and a point, happy with that. The big loser tonight was this place...again, it seems to be getting worse, before the kick off we were going to lose, and as the game drew on the attention was drawn to how poor the players are. Same old same old from the moaning about streams buffering and or volume and then the same old usual suspects setting the tone. If you are not City Basso and the rest, just leave the support to the few on here that do actually care. You know what has to be done Mods but I won't hold my breath.

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I've thought the same. Just sometimes he's needs a bit more composure on the ball. 

Proving the point about composure with that last kick! 

Much better second half although it looked like a few were dead on their feet. 

For all the criticism they get our back 3 were up against a Premier league strike force and kept them out. That's just one goal conceded in the last 4 and given injuries and covid thats pretty good no matter what the opposition. 

Archived