IGNORED

Dead Cat Hughton.

Major Isewater

Well Forest may have been hoping for the ‘ dead cat ‘ bounce but Hughton hasn’t delivered it.

I know he’s only recently arrived but the results are all a bit iffy . His wins coming against Coventry and Wycombe.

He isn’t perhaps the Messiah after all.( I know he’s a very naughty boy )

OTIB  would be an interesting place if the results were the same here if we had brought him in.

I know it’s early but just an observation. Lots to do for Mr H. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Well Forest may have been hoping for the ‘ dead cat ‘ bounce but Hughton hasn’t delivered it.

I know he’s only recently arrived but the results are all a bit iffy . His wins coming against Coventry and Wycombe.

OTIB  would be an interesting place if the results were the same here if we had brought him in.

Amazing really......on paper one of the best squads in the division with some quality players. Just goes to show that it's not about individual players, it's about them playing as a team.

Forests next run of games is horrific. I know the table is still forming and positions can be deceptive, but Sky put their next fixtures up last night and IIRC the five games (including last night) were against all the top six, excluding us.

At the end of that run we’re seventeen games in. If the games go to form they’re firmly in a dogfight at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Newly appointed managers all need time to get their methods implemented. Early days yet.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Won against Blackburn too, deflected Lolley shot. 

3 wins

3 draws

3 losses

Not so bad for a newly appointed manager who won’t have had the time to get his methods across. It’ll be interesting to see if Pulis can do the same at the Owls.

I'd say he's had a pretty solid start TBF.

His three defeats BTW were against Bournemouth (who we lost too), Boro (who we lost to) and Barnsley (who arguably outplayed us for a draw).

Same result as us vs. Coventry, 2-1. Wins against Blackburn and Wycombe who we've yet to play. 

1-1 Draws against Derby (we won) and Luton and Rotherham (again yet to play).

Since he took over, 9 games = 12

Us over same period of 9 games = 14

Without digging up the past, you can't help but feel that City's board did actually have a clear strategy for the club & Houghton's + plus other's approach just didn't fit the plan.

Its a modern business like approach & I'm pleased we had a plan & stick to it

Can't create any new British managers/coaches if they don't get the chance to develop a EFL level and same old names get the same old jobs etc. 

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I'd say he's had a pretty solid start TBF.

His three defeats BTW were against Bournemouth (who we lost too), Boro (who we lost to) and Barnsley (who arguably outplayed us for a draw).

Same result as us vs. Coventry, 2-1. Wins against Blackburn and Wycombe who we've yet to play. 

1-1 Draws against Derby (we won) and Luton and Rotherham (again yet to play).

Since he took over, 9 games = 12

Us over same period of 9 games = 14

Agree with all of that. To add further context, Hughton joined Forest a day after the transfer deadline had closed and inherited 14 new signings made over the summer. I think he's doing OK in the circumstances.

See where they are at the end of next season, if he's still with them, and people still want to play a game of 'look at what we could've had'. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness to him he hasn't had a proper transfer window in the same way Holden did. Always makes it a much more difficult task - a fairer test would be to see how he'd get on with a full transfer window.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not so bad for a newly appointed manager who won’t have had the time to get his methods across. It’ll be interesting to see if Pulis can do the same at the Owls.

No, it won't be interesting in the slightest.....................Pulis will get his methods across in time and Sheffield Wednesday will probably be a horrible watch as they grind out enough 0-0'ers and 1-0'ers to stay up.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Deano has one big advantage and I’m sure we all know what that is...........:cool2:

Definitely...........no major injuries to contend with AND the "bonus" of having the following squad at his disposal according to the gospel that is OTIB:

Brunt - worst player ever to play pro football

Paterson - performs 1 game in 10

Semenyo - barely League 2 standard

Wells - totally disinterested

Vyner - can't concentrate

Moore - useless

O'Dowda - pushing Brunt for worst player ever to play pro football

Fam - second touch is always a tackle

Massengo - waste of money

Nagy - can't pass a ball and lightweight

Bentley - inconsistent

Hunt - can't defend

Dasilva - too small

How could he not succeed with that lot to choose from? You can only imagine where Hughton would have us with such a lack of talent...........

Houghton's problem at Forest is that he hasn't had time to spend his £60 million transfer fund, plus wages, that he demands to be in charge, and that's with him being in sole charge of that budget.

At least that will be his excuse until January.  He will then spend the money.

Then he will get sacked less than a year into the job, see recent history, and someone else will want to spend another huge chunk of money in the summer.

And people complain about the way that City do things.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

My mate who works at Forest said he turnt up for the interview 5 minutes late, called them "Notts" Forest, and couldn't answer kreckly the third question: "Who was our manager when we won the European Cup?"

We were definitely right to give Hughton a miss, mate.....

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

My mate who works at Forest said he turnt up for the interview 5 minutes late, called them "Notts" Forest, and couldn't answer kreckly the third question: "Who was our manager when we won the European Cup?"

We were definitely right to give Hughton a miss, mate.....

You mean the Greek owners, chief exec and director of football thought to ask him that question?! ?

There will be obvious comparisons between us and Forest, if for nothing else, the Hughton link.

Back in the summer, CH was the obvious choice for us. For whatever reason, we went for DH. At this current moment in time, it was the correct choice, but football is about a whole season, not just a snapshot.

Regardless, seeing how Forest are doing, perhaps (and many won't want to agree with this I'm sure) the club were, and are being proved right to not appoint Hughton.

Funny old game.

When the job was up for grabs I wrote a lot about how Holden had impressed me.  But at the time I didn’t expect him to be in the running.  I had Hughton at the top of my list, but I was not excited by it.  I had Cook in second place, and was excited by it.  Then followed a list of 4 or 5 that I saw as possibilities.  Then we started to hear Holden was gonna be interviewed and at that point I was quite behind it.  Not saying he became my first choice, but that I was totally comfortable if he got the gig.

I don’t believe there is a cheap option.  There is a wrong option, and if that leads to relegation it’s costly whoever is appointed!

Whether the stories were true about Hughton’s interview being poor make no odds really.  Holden got the job.  He’s doing rather well.  Whether you “moved on” from Hughton early or not at all, there’s no denying Holden has made a very positive start.  Whether Hughton would’ve done better is an unknown and futile at this point....but can be revisited perhaps beyond the next window.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When the job was up for grabs I wrote a lot about how Holden had impressed me.  But at the time I didn’t expect him to be in the running.  I had Hughton at the top of my list, but I was not excited by it.  I had Cook in second place, and was excited by it.  Then followed a list of 4 or 5 that I saw as possibilities.  Then we started to hear Holden was gonna be interviewed and at that point I was quite behind it.  Not saying he became my first choice, but that I was totally comfortable if he got the gig.

I don’t believe there is a cheap option.  There is a wrong option, and if that leads to relegation it’s costly whoever is appointed!

Whether the stories were true about Hughton’s interview being poor make no odds really.  Holden got the job.  He’s doing rather well.  Whether you “moved on” from Hughton early or not at all, there’s no denying Holden has made a very positive start.  Whether Hughton would’ve done better is an unknown and futile at this point....but can be revisited perhaps beyond the next window.

Devil's advocate.

Do you think that Cook was also the clubs first choice, but the goings on at Wigan at the same time made the board think "maybe give it to Dean for now and then if it doesn't work out around Christmas we can speak to Cook (again maybe). No cloak and dagger about compensation or lack thereof etc.

Dean now, has made it abundantly clear that he is the best man for the job, and is now making the board think "Cook who?"

All hypothetical of course. I did think that when we appointed Holden, it would only be short term until a better option came along. Can't argue with the results so far though!!

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

Devil's advocate.

Do you think that Cook was also the clubs first choice, but the goings on at Wigan at the same time made the board think "maybe give it to Dean for now and then if it doesn't work out around Christmas we can speak to Cook (again maybe). No cloak and dagger about compensation or lack thereof etc.

Dean now, has made it abundantly clear that he is the best man for the job, and is now making the board think "Cook who?"

All hypothetical of course. I did think that when we appointed Holden, it would only be short term until a better option came along. Can't argue with the results so far though!!

Of course....that’s a possibility.

9 minutes ago, Taz said:

Devil's advocate.

It would seem a little far fetched to me. You don’t leave the future of a multimillion pound business to chance. 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It is to early.  Let's see where we are at season end 

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think the prospect of Hughton or Cook excited many people. Only one linked did that and that was Stevie G although not sure how firm our interest was.

Archived