IGNORED

RIP Maradona (Merged)

Malago

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm amazed he lasted as long as he did!  Considering he had severe drug, alcohol and weight problems he did well!

RIP to the greatest footballer of my generation....just a shame he sniffed it all up the wall.

Yep, always a doomed soul, but just go back and watch his football at Boca and Napoli, just a joy.

Ultimately he chose the life he led and this was the price.

6 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

But he looked like he was in his 70s. Given his lifestyle I'm not shocked. Incredibly talented footballer and I'm sad that he's died so young but I lost all respect for him as a man long ago. 

Brilliant footballer but certainly by some of England fans he’ll always be remembered as the cheating bastard - or the ‘hand of God’ as he called it.

Long history of obesity, drug and alcohol addiction - sad way to go for a man of such amazing ability on the pitch.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The thing that made Maradona a true great, forget the one incident of cheating, is that he literally carried a poor Argentina side to World Cup victory pretty much by himself.

Something that most players have done anyway.

What a great player he was. Definitely one of the all time legends of the game. 

As a 10 year old watching him knock England out in 86, i hated him for years. Certainly come to appreciate him more as I've matured. He was in a class of his own in his prime.

8 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

I actually enjoyed the 98 coked up version... marvellous... great footballer... massive cheat tho. 

He was, but I don't see what players are doing now by diving, rolling around like they've been shot, trying to get someone sent off, any different. Almost all players are massive cheats when given the chance in this day and age sadly. 

He was an exceptional talent. Huge player on and off the pitch. He lived a lavish lifestyle. Can't say I'm massively surprised by this news though, it is 2020 after all! 

Archived