IGNORED

Lee Johnson story about Bailey Wright and Ian Wright

YGBjammy

1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

It concerns me as a manager - in the general sense, not specific to football - he finds it hard to compliment and pump up a player/member of staff.

I see this so often in managers, particularly men, and find it bizarre.

It’s actually a real buzz being nice to people and building their confidence, from my experience. 

We have a society where it's often made fun of, particularly in a homophobic way if you compliment another man. Then people are kinda mocking LJ admitting this weakness or him trying to overcome it with a managerial technique, which is another problem of being a man.

You can't be weak, can't be nice or people "cringe" or hurl abuse at you.

I mock LJ for his lack of self awareness, and him trying to fix his obsession with perfection by studying books on how to fix an obsession with perfection.

Him complimenting Bailey, and seeking a way to do that without embarrassing himself, or Bailey, or making it "cringe" seems an o.k. thing to do.

4 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Pure LinkedIn cringe:

1778048202_Screenshot_20201125-1838552.thumb.png.19c414ec9b31684112115dd32fe7b0ef.png

How could you be galvanised in the dressing room with a coach talking like that?

I’ve said this before but I think he would be better off going into youth coaching. Similar to what Simpson and Downing have done. 

Archived