IGNORED

Next Manager?

Marina's Rolls Royce

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Paul Tisdale.

The Rovers are currently keeping him warm for us and he should have been appointed ahead of LJ.

He is an absolutely superb coach who would fit perfectly into our structure.

Toss up between him and Ben Garner really..! 

5 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Obviously promote from within. Paul Simpson or Lisa Knights.

"Lisa Knights, shimmering Lisa Knights,

And at the break of dawn, this city's red and white.

Lisa Knights, shimmering Lisa Knights ..... "   one for the Kraftwerk fans, there.

Would've worked a treat if we'd only ever signed Leon Knight, but there we are

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

After reading the OTIB match day thread and following our forthcoming unforgivable thrashing at the hands of Watford:

Who is your favourite choice to take over the soon to be vacant hot seat at Ashton Gate?

(I'm for Warnock with Smiffy up front.)

I don't like to be argumentative but ones to old and the other should be in goal.

31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

About people bellyaching in the match thread last night before the game that a battering was incoming “with that gurt team that Deano picked innit”..

Oh belly aching.

But why with a depleted squad Deano has put a squad out who competed and kept a prem front line to one shot on target and earnt a well deserved point.

Well done team and Deano

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

About people bellyaching in the match thread last night before the game that a battering was incoming “with that gurt team that Deano picked innit”..

Will they never learn?

Amazing how little faith some posters have isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will they never learn?

Amazing how little faith some posters have isn’t it?

Human nature Dave. You see it in every walk of life. I came across numerous miserable and downbeat characters in my career and I’m talking about staff...............:cool2:

I was talking to a former City professional recently (I won’t say who, but he played a lot of games for us), and he said that although City were ‘his club’ his abiding memory was the negativity of the fans (he remembered the side being booed off at half time while drawing 0-0!).  He went on to play for other clubs but said he never experienced the same level of negativity anywhere else.  He said that although he played as many seasons for us as he did for all his other clubs put together, his fondest memories are not of City because he felt fans were behind him and the team at other clubs in a way they never were at City.  I thought this was rather sad, and was surprised at how strongly he expressed himself.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was talking to a former City professional recently (I won’t say who, but he played a lot of games for us), and he said that although City were ‘his club’ his abiding memory was the negativity of the fans (he remembered the side being booed off at half time while drawing 0-0!).  He went on to play for other clubs but said he never experienced the same level of negativity anywhere else.  He said that although he played as many seasons for us as he did for all his other clubs put together, his fondest memories are not of City because he felt fans were behind him and the team at other clubs in a way they never were at City.  I thought this was rather sad, and was surprised at how strongly he expressed himself.

And how is Mickey these days? 

I’m often missing something, but having gone back and read the pre match thread, I don’t quite understand this thread.

Some people predicted city would lose, nobody was pant wetting or asking for the manager to be sacked.

Some people thought city would win, sone people implied it might be difficult to call with perhaps city nicking a 1-0 or if Watford turn up, they score a couple.

Im over the moon with our return of points so far but don’t think we have been dominant, indeed you could reverse a few of our score lines and that wouldn’t be unfair. 

We seem to be reaching a point where people are looking for something that just isn’t there.

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The sad bit being, I’m not at all surprised! It’s like some of our fan base (the more noisy amongst us) actually believe we have a god given right to be successful. Like we’re some form of ‘big hitter’! 

And it’s like they are stuck in the 1980’s because if we spend £1m or so on a player now, they think we’re buying a world beater where as the reality is, £1m for a player now gets you very little in terms of real quality (Sammie Szmodics kind of level).

I would of thought they’d realise with our history that we’re highly unlikely to romp the Championship or win any major trophies any time soon but that doesn’t stop them from actually expecting it now.

14 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I personally think we should give Wednesday compensation for Pulis 

To quote an old cliche...........They have made their bed, now they have to lie in it.   I don;t know what length of contract they have given  him? He is the perfect manager when u have no spectators, namely, boring and lacking imagination, Wednesday fans will come to hate him.  One of the worst managers in football IMHO.

Archived