IGNORED

Taylor Moore was...

Prinny

really mixed tonight IMO.

3 big errors with very bad passes that got us into trouble.

But also covered really well at some points fixing others errors with some great anticipation.

The central centre half is definitely his best position IMO.

You see the player he could be, and also why he shouldn't be in our first team based on tonight's performance.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Thought he was excellent tonight. Central of the back three is a crucial position and he nailed it. Just needs to be better with his passing 

I saw it your way, @Prinny clearly doesn't care what the standard of the opposition is, everyone was shitting themselves over Kalas being out and guess what, clean sheet against a Premier League attack.

I thought few players were guilty of being sloppy in possession at times - JDS with poor header, ODowda spurred good positions away.  It wasn’t the worst performance from a makeshift defence against some quality front men 

Yep, curates egg of a performance. Some parts excellent (particularly the bail out of Rowe, not being bullied by Deeney - and the shepherding out at the end), but the bits you expect him to do well (distribution) he got wrong a few times.

I’m still more in the positive camp, particularly as I saw developments in the weaker spots, but would temper it with things that definitely could have been better tonight

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

But also covered really well at some points fixing others errors with some great anticipation.

You see the player he could be, and also why he shouldn't be in our first team based on tonight's performance.

Spot on.

2 absolutely horrible errors that could have led to goals, then one brilliant recovery tackle.

Vyner is currently well ahead of him on form, outstanding again.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

2 absolutely horrible errors that could have led to goals, then one brilliant recovery tackle.

Vyner is currently well ahead of him on form, outstanding again.

I thought Vyner possibly had his best game for us tonight.  Can't really recall a mistake?

Moore is a strange one. He's clearly intelligent as a footballer and a person but makes mistakes that suggest his concentration has gone.  

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

I thought Vyner possibly had his best game for us tonight.  Can't really recall a mistake?

Moore is a strange one. He's clearly intelligent as a footballer and a person but makes mistakes that suggest his concentration has gone.  

Lost Cathcart for the headed chance at far post , but that’s picky and he has come on a lot

Proper thumping first ball header on Deeney towards the end, which I enjoyed. Ultimately, I'm not sure he can be relied on as a ball-player in the Webster mould, at the moment at least. However, I believe he CAN defend and defend well. I think I would like to see him be a bit more pragmatic, but that's not really the modern way, I suppose.

Just now, Chivs said:

Vyner has been outstanding for weeks for me now.

Maybe the Norwich game & being dropped, has effected Moore’s confidence? Couple of really bad mistakes tonight.

3 minutes ago, Chivs said:

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Lost Cathcart for the headed chance at far post , but that’s picky and he has come on a lot

There was the Cathcart header and the low clearance on the box to Quina? that Bentley had to save (tip over)

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Moore in a nutshell I think. Funnily enough all the defence bar poss Rowe made big errors tonight but all played pretty well apart from that.

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

3 minutes ago, Prinny said:

There was the Cathcart header and the low clearance on the box to Quina? that Bentley had to save (tip over)

OK.  Take it back.  He was a bit rubbish really. ?

Just now, steveybadger said:

Moore in a nutshell I think. Funnily enough all the defence bar poss Rowe made big errors tonight but all played pretty well apart from that.

out of interest how many errors did Watford make ? I only saw great interceptions

I’m a huge Taylor Moore fan but the biggest flaw in his and Zak Vyner’s game, in my opinion, is almost being able to sense danger when we’ve got the ball.

The one really poor pass Moore played second half was - similar to the Middlesbrough goal - straight after he’d received a poor pass himself as they flooded us with the press. He has to read those situations quicker and not be too proud to just smash it into the channel instead of playing out.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Rowe was the most dodgy of the back 3 which we would expect. Moore was mainly good, the odd bad mistake that he needs to cut out.

I only remember seeing him dribble it out once which I think was what ended up being that Semenyo chance first half. Would like to see him do that more. Maybe he is either instructed to not try that so much, or maybe he has lost a bit of his confidence since Boro game.

i don't think I would ever post that.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Vyner has been outstanding for weeks for me now.

Maybe the Norwich game & being dropped, has effected Moore’s confidence? Couple of really bad mistakes tonight.

Think that's exactly it.

If TM had played every game, as ZV has, his confidence would be higher. He's still learning at this level and can still improve, and become more consistent.

For a young lad learning his trade at this level, Moore did well tonight and I liked how he stood up to Deeney. Not perfect, but well. 

Being the sweeper in a back three suits him best, although he needs to sharpen up his sense of danger. 

Archived