IGNORED

Taylor Moore was...

Prinny

57 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

2 absolutely horrible errors that could have led to goals, then one brilliant recovery tackle.

Vyner is currently well ahead of him on form, outstanding again.

Vyner's last ditch tackle on Quina on 16 minutes and a superb block to repel Sarr's stinging shot 60 seconds later really stood out.

Very raw back 3, Vyner looks to be improving, Rowe is never a CB and Taylor Moore has suffered from, and gained from the injuries. He has been the one to play on his wrong side, playing LCB when no one else seems to want it. I think he could do with a run in his favoured position, but agree with above, some very good mixed with some very bad. But he did make some important blocks. I think he'll get steadier with minutes.

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

really mixed tonight IMO.

3 big errors with very bad passes that got us into trouble.

But also covered really well at some points fixing others errors with some great anticipation.

The central centre half is definitely his best position IMO.

You see the player he could be, and also why he shouldn't be in our first team based on tonight's performance.

I saw it the same too.  Did was really good stuff, but got caught on a couple of occasions where his awareness / concentration let’s him down.  Even that low ball into the box late on which comes to him on the bounce gets “scloofed” behind for a corner....it’s little things like that.

I enjoyed the thumping header on Deeney, but a few minutes before he got caught 2/3 yards off and fouled him.

Great result in context of the last couple of weeks, but if we harbour play off ambitions we have to critique performances likes Taylor’s tonight.  He did a decent job, and I hope it boosts his confidence.

I thought Rowe was dodgy first half (rusty?) but came back well after Sarr skinned him early the second half.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I saw it the same too.  Did was really good stuff, but got caught on a couple of occasions where his awareness / concentration let’s him down.  Even that low ball into the box late on which comes to him on the bounce gets “scloofed” behind for a corner....it’s little things like that.

I enjoyed the thumping header on Deeney, but a few minutes before he got caught 2/3 yards off and fouled him.

Great result in context of the last couple of weeks, but if we harbour play off ambitions we have to critique performances likes Taylor’s tonight.  He did a decent job, and I hope it boosts his confidence.

I thought Rowe was dodgy first half (rusty?) but came back well after Sarr skinned him early the second half.

All I would say about Rowe is he clearly isn’t a CB, had never played there in his entire career & wouldn’t be doing so now if Baker & Mawson were fit.

Far easier for a natural CB like Moore to play on the left of a 3 than a bloke to play completely out of position.

That said, his attitude & availability record (unlike certain others) are outstanding.

People saying Rowe looked dodgy but we must remember he's played most of his career in midfield, we're lucky to have someone who can fill in for emergencies. He knows his limitations and generally tries to keep it simple, thought he put in a professional performance and he rarely lets the side down.

10 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Moore in a nutshell I think. Funnily enough all the defence bar poss Rowe made big errors tonight but all played pretty well apart from that.

I like Rowe but I’m pretty sure he made multiple glaring errors last night. 

The dodgy cross ball throw in in the first half. Too eager to challenge on a number of occasions and getting turned.

Left flat footed for a ball over the top leaving Pedro free to run down and goal and a last ditch sliding block from Moore was needed second half.

The turn back and cross-box pass that caused chaos and put us under massive pressure in the box too second half.

He had a better second than first but thought he was the weakest of the 3 IMO last night. To be fair though, not really his position. 

39 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

People saying Rowe looked dodgy but we must remember he's played most of his career in midfield, we're lucky to have someone who can fill in for emergencies. He knows his limitations and generally tries to keep it simple, thought he put in a professional performance and he rarely lets the side down.

You are right but it does raise significant alarm bells that Mariappa wasn't fit enough (and it was better to playing Rowe out of position).

Especially as we signed him for such a short period - not playing him makes no sense when Kalas, Baker and Mawson are all injured.

49 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I like Rowe but I’m pretty sure he made multiple glaring errors last night. 

The dodgy cross ball throw in in the first half. Too eager to challenge on a number of occasions and getting turned.

Left flat footed for a ball over the top leaving Pedro free to run down and goal and a last ditch sliding block from Moore was needed second half.

The turn back and cross-box pass that caused chaos and put us under massive pressure in the box too second half.

He had a better second than first but thought he was the weakest of the 3 IMO last night. To be fair though, not really his position. 

Yep missed the throw - see earlier reply

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

All I would say about Rowe is he clearly isn’t a CB, had never played there in his entire career & wouldn’t be doing so now if Baker & Mawson were fit.

Far easier for a natural CB like Moore to play on the left of a 3 than a bloke to play completely out of position.

That said, his attitude & availability record (unlike certain others) are outstanding.

Spot on Graham

Played very little at LB too

And played his career below this level

To come in and do a very solid job at LB , LWB and now CB is remarkable really

A magnificent pro and great pick up who has done brilliantly for us in all honesty

I have great respect for him

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spot on Graham

Played very little at LB too

And played his career below this level

To come in and do a very solid job at LB , LWB and now CB is remarkable really

A magnificent pro and great pick up who has done brilliantly for us in all honesty

I have great respect for him

Played a fair bit of Championship football whilst at Peterborough but spot on, have massive respect for him too.

A really smart signing of the type that we make too few of.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Played a fair bit of Championship football whilst at Peterborough but spot on, have massive respect for him too.

A really smart signing of the type that we make too few of.

Ahhh yes

Forgot that Peterborough had a dip at this Level

Big Norm , Wilbraham , Rowe .....

Don’t  you just love a good pro

His off field attitude and professionalism must be a great asset to have , especially with a few youngsters having to step up

11 hours ago, watkins1983 said:

Can’t praise TM enough tonight. We need to realise how good our defence is, ZV is another level for me, be surprised if someone doesn’t come in for him next years. But for me tonight, without Kalas the boys were absolutely superb. 

Let’s no overlook Dasliva who I thought was pretty damn good last night. Solid defending and getting forward really well. Imo it was a toss up between him and Semenyo for MoM.

Thought TM did well last night, particularly as 1st start since the error against brough, which is bound to knock you confidence a little. 

Seems to be a core of OTIB who want him as the latest villain and get over excited by any mistake so they can rush to post and slag off, high lighting any errors whilst ignoring some of the covering and other good bits, but never rushing to post when its Vyner or jay making a similar mistake. 

I wish we had a lot more players like him at our club, remember this is a young lad who took a pay cut so he could continue at the club, the same person who also knocked on LJ's door and asked to be captain, I am sure if we stand by him we will have a great player in the future.

12 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Moore in a nutshell I think. Funnily enough all the defence bar poss Rowe made big errors tonight but all played pretty well apart from that.

Don’t think Rowe was blameless either. Apart from the throw ins, he made a mistake quite late on which allowed a Watford player a free run into the box; in that instance it was Moore who rescued it by reading it well and getting across very fast to cover.

I think that was the thing last night: individual mistakes were all rescued by another player making an outstanding save, block, covering tackle. Great team performance you could say?

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Yep, totally accept that, just saying he struggled first half.  Some of that may have been rustiness, which is understandable too.  He finished the game well, he actually got on the ball too and that helped.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ahhh yes

Forgot that Peterborough had a dip at this Level

Big Norm , Wilbraham , Rowe .....

Don’t  you just love a good pro

His off field attitude and professionalism must be a great asset to have , especially with a few youngsters having to step up

He’s a top pro.  Don’t take my critique of him as negative, he’s filling in at LCB.  There were some suggesting we’d ship 4 or 5 last night.  The fact that we didn’t and kept them to very few shots shows a maturity in the overall team defensive structure.

That is a huge improvement on last season.  The only 0-0s we had last season against the top half were Swansea (h) and Forest (h).

Only once did he nearly cost us, easily made up for by one outstanding sliding tackle when they were through on goal. Otherwise he was excellent against top notch opposition. Loved it when Deeney came on and first challenge he let him have one free of charge.

We don't need to be finding scapegoats in a very accomplished team performance but if you must do so look no further than JD who gifts the ball with abandon and though usually that's high up the park, did so last night in and around our box.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I was really glad to see that Deaney did not rattle him when he came on

If he can just eliminate the 2-3 silly mistakes per game he could be the real deal

I agree 100%. He has a classy look about him, but does need to cut out the mistakes. Maybe having experience (Kalas) next to him helps.

I am really impressed with Vyner too - he has been getting better and better the last month.

When you consider we sold Lloyd Kelly for 13M - we could be sat on another 30M quid of players in the near future if they keep progressing.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yep, totally accept that, just saying he struggled first half.  Some of that may have been rustiness, which is understandable too.  He finished the game well, he actually got on the ball too and that helped.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

He’s a top pro.  Don’t take my critique of him as negative, he’s filling in at LCB.  There were some suggesting we’d ship 4 or 5 last night.  The fact that we didn’t and kept them to very few shots shows a maturity in the overall team defensive structure.

That is a huge improvement on last season.  The only 0-0s we had last season against the top half were Swansea (h) and Forest (h).

I wasn’t Fevs ;)

Just highlighting what a good job , he’s done the Club

Its not as if he’s dropping a couple of levels and playing Centre Half

A long term option - no , but I bet his experience and talking helped in there 

As Regards our clean sheets / goals against , as I’ve mentioned on another thread our drilled work out of possession , to get in our shape , block passing lanes , and doubling up where necessary is what’s realkt impresses me 

Weve protected the back line well and they’ve done very well (Save Norwich) too

How many real saves has Bentley had to make at Bournemouth , Huddersfield , Cardiff and last night

Bentley good vocally too which helps 

I like the signs and the work of Holden , Simpson & Downing so far

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree 100%. He has a classy look about him, but does need to cut out the mistakes. Maybe having experience (Kalas) next to him helps.

I am really impressed with Vyner too - he has been getting better and better the last month.

When you consider we sold Lloyd Kelly for 13M - we could be sat on another 30M quid of players in the near future if they keep progressing.

Funny you should mention Lloyd

Watched him a few times recently and you can still see some class , ability and more potential , but still prone to the odd error and being caught not switched on defensively and thought

If he was  £13 million what value do you put on Zak

Lloyd probably has more potential but he’s not way ahead of Zak

I also watched Matt Clarke at Derby last night and a couple of times this season , who we were linked with at one point - went to Brighton for ??Million

Numerous errors and looks very ordinary at best atm - and I wouldn’t swop TM or Zak for him right now

Our fans would be going banzai if TM or Zak we’re performing like that

On the subject of Derby, how the hell does Andre Wisdom continue to earn a living at this level ? Jeeeeeeez

Gus Caesar Mk II

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Funny you should mention Lloyd

Watched him a few times recently and you can still see some class , ability and more potential , but still prone to the odd error and being caught not switched on defensively and thought

If he was  £13 million what value do you put on Zak

Lloyd probably has more potential but he’s not way ahead of Zak

The deal we got for LK, IMHO, was out of this world. His value was inflated by the fact he was an England 21 no doubt, but we did great business. There was almost a concensus on Otib for goodness sake !

I saw LK play left back the other game - he was bombing up that wing. Did you see his cross for their goal? I dunno where he has been playing most for Bournemouth but he looked dangerous as an attacking LB.

Zak is currently worth less, but if he carries on......

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The deal we got for LK, IMHO, was out of this world. His value was inflated by the fact he was an England 21 no doubt, but we did great business. There was almost a concensus on Otib for goodness sake !

I saw LK play left back the other game - he was bombing up that wing. Did you see his cross for their goal? I dunno where he has been playing most for Bournemouth but he looked dangerous as an attacking LB.

Zak is currently worth less, but if he carries on......

He was playing Centre Back but got switched during that game (Reading) to LB , and yep - commented on here at the time about that stunning cross 

Not knocking Lloyd - he’s a very decent player with loads of potential to develop further , but agree it was a great deal at the time

Bournemouth certainly wouldn’t be splashing 13 million on him now

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Don’t think Rowe was blameless either. Apart from the throw ins, he made a mistake quite late on which allowed a Watford player a free run into the box; in that instance it was Moore who rescued it by reading it well and getting across very fast to cover.

I think that was the thing last night: individual mistakes were all rescued by another player making an outstanding save, block, covering tackle. Great team performance you could say?

I liken it to being a good driver , we are  all human and make mistakes but the good drivers minimise the error and get out safely

A good team anticipates the danger and covers for their teammates.

image.png

Archived