IGNORED

Taylor Moore was...

Prinny

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I wasn’t Fevs ;)

Just highlighting what a good job , he’s done the Club

Its not as if he’s dropping a couple of levels and playing Centre Half

A long term option - no , but I bet his experience and talking helped in there 

As Regards our clean sheets / goals against , as I’ve mentioned on another thread our drilled work out of possession , to get in our shape , block passing lanes , and doubling up where necessary is what’s realkt impresses me 

Weve protected the back line well and they’ve done very well (Save Norwich) too

How many real saves has Bentley had to make at Bournemouth , Huddersfield , Cardiff and last night

Bentley good vocally too which helps 

I like the signs and the work of Holden , Simpson & Downing so far

Thought you might like this....10 shots to save in last 4 games.

B8B01727-CA39-4675-9484-7155113EDA44.thumb.jpeg.43314c252a04db65b19b734fc2c1ad0b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Funny you should mention Lloyd

Watched him a few times recently and you can still see some class , ability and more potential , but still prone to the odd error and being caught not switched on defensively and thought

If he was  £13 million what value do you put on Zak

Lloyd probably has more potential but he’s not way ahead of Zak

I also watched Matt Clarke at Derby last night and a couple of times this season , who we were linked with at one point - went to Brighton for ??Million

Numerous errors and looks very ordinary at best atm - and I wouldn’t swop TM or Zak for him right now

Our fans would be going banzai if TM or Zak we’re performing like that

On the subject of Derby, how the hell does Andre Wisdom continue to earn a living at this level ? Jeeeeeeez

Gus Caesar Mk II

yep, LK still has errors in him.

Matt Clarke would have been a good option from a ball-playing perspective, left sided too....but he ain’t a great defender.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree 100%. He has a classy look about him, but does need to cut out the mistakes. Maybe having experience (Kalas) next to him helps.

I am really impressed with Vyner too - he has been getting better and better the last month.

When you consider we sold Lloyd Kelly for 13M - we could be sat on another 30M quid of players in the near future if they keep progressing.

For me Vyner is reducing his mistakes and concentration lapses significantly (not yet eliminating them totally as it was his poor clearance from which Bentley pulled off the "ordinary" save - nice height according to Ben Foster - it was but he did put his foot through it tbf!!) whereas Moore still has work to do to just improve to Vyner's current concentration levels. I actually agree with the "hit and miss" analysis of his performance and he has to start turning those performances into "hit and hit" as Vyner is doing with more regularity right now if he wants to succeed at this level and beyond.

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

Don’t think Rowe was blameless either. Apart from the throw ins, he made a mistake quite late on which allowed a Watford player a free run into the box; in that instance it was Moore who rescued it by reading it well and getting across very fast to cover.

I think that was the thing last night: individual mistakes were all rescued by another player making an outstanding save, block, covering tackle. Great team performance you could say?

See earlier reply - I missed the throw!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

B8B01727-CA39-4675-9484-7155113EDA44.thumb.jpeg.43314c252a04db65b19b734fc2c1ad0b.jpeg

Some impressive & interesting numbers. XG over 1 in 4 games, 3 of which we won.
The Forest game was a Bentley master class.
The single game Vs Norwich has a higher XcG than the four games since all together. Fantastic creation to a messy performance. 1 goal conceded too.

53 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For me Vyner is reducing his mistakes and concentration lapses significantly (not yet eliminating them totally as it was his poor clearance from which Bentley pulled off the "ordinary" save - nice height according to Ben Foster - it was but he did put his foot through it tbf!!) whereas Moore still has work to do to just improve to Vyner's current concentration levels. I actually agree with the "hit and miss" analysis of his performance and he has to start turning those performances into "hit and hit" as Vyner is doing with more regularity right now if he wants to succeed at this level and beyond.

I thought he showed signs of improvement again last night, taking a bit more responsibility. He might still have lapses, but with luck they will become fewer over time.

Archived