IGNORED

Watford

Bassomylord

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Weren't they favourites for the league? No chance. God knows how many millions in talent yet they were so disjointed.

£50 to every otib poster if their manager is there this time next season.

Genuinly I thought they were really poor....a full strength side today I think blows them away.

I thought Bournemouth were, but they were definitely up there. 

Oddly all those relegated from the Premier have hit form so early in a season 

Watford think they have the Devine right to go straight back up.who does foster think he is to say they were the dominant side.they had a 40 million player who looked a bag of shit.they need a reality check.and as for grey up front   I'm glad we didn't sign him all those years ago.

42 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Weren't they favourites for the league? No chance. God knows how many millions in talent yet they were so disjointed.

Genuinly I thought they were really poor....a full strength side today I think blows them away.

£10 from @Lez

£10 from @Londoner

£10 from @Dog

£10 from @Bassomylord

and £10 from your next username! 

44 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

Very early in the season for statements like this. They’ve still some real quality to come back in to their squad . 

52 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

This is going to be an expensive post...

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is it just me that thought Watford were overplaying at times?

Given all their possession, Bents save apart, did they really get through us? 

Yes and No. I thought we defended fairly well, but contributed to our own problems by constantly losing the ball in dangerous areas. One example was Vyner's loose clearance to Quina that resulted in Bentley's excellent reaction save. Bar that ricket Zak had another good game and was our outstanding defender. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

3 clean sheets on the bounce says we're doing something right.

The coaching team are doing their job and players responding - We look really well drilled and disciplined most of the time Ska

Cardiff second half , each player constantly getting in shape was a joy to watch

Saturday - watch a player - Id suggest one of midfield 3 probably , and follow them for 5 mins or so  , rather than the ball , and the constant movement to regain shape or fill holes out of possession - interesting and a very good sign for me

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Also reading it tonight the majority think they outplayed us. Funny how we see that said from every team we beat and draw against. 

Following on my thoughts to Ska , I think sides believe if they’ve had more of the ball that they were ‘well on top’ and miss how effective , and largely comfortable , we are becoming , out of possession 

25 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Also reading it tonight the majority think they outplayed us. Funny how we see that said from every team we beat and draw against. 

Perhaps they did look better on the ball, moved it quicker, and as Tinman said on Robins tv,  they had real quality and we had to remain committed and keep concentration levels high. We did that and perhaps deserved that point. I thought Watford looked better than Norwich from few weeks back, and perhaps best side we have played to date? 
Defending is an art as well. We did well. 

53 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Exactly. You can see why they've only scored 4 in 7 on the road with their sole victory at Derby. 

Its worse than that - only 3 goals away from home.

And only 4 conceded.

That aint going to get them promoted.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Watford played some very slick stuff but ultimately created just one chance that Bentley saved. A draw was a fair result.

I

Chances wise it was a funny game.  Cathcart missed a really good chance, Semenyo has a couple of chances, Moore and Rowe too.  As we know, possession counts for little.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

They have some quality players. I don't get how Foster and their manager seem to think they were much better than us. They had 2 good chances all game and Bentley had one save to make!

Under Holden I watch games where we don’t have tonnes of possession and still have my nails left.  I feel less worried we are gonna concede.  I liked how we finished the stronger team.

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very early in the season for statements like this. They’ve still some real quality to come back in to their squad . 

Agree, they have been very average, by their own admissions too, but have nicked a few points, bit like us, their changing the manager twice a season is a ridiculous situation and contributes to their lack of identity, in many ways a small club that has over achieved, but always seem to find a way. 

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Reading some of their forum during the week , I think their fans are being frustrated by exactly this

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

In the first half in particular I was watching them playing the ball around in front of us, and I was thinking "their possession stats are going to look good but incredibly misleading".

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

The coaching team are doing their job and players responding - We look really well drilled and disciplined most of the time Ska

Cardiff second half , each player constantly getting in shape was a joy to watch

Saturday - watch a player - Id suggest one of midfield 3 probably , and follow them for 5 mins or so  , rather than the ball , and the constant movement to regain shape or fill holes out of possession - interesting and a very good sign for me

I wonder if that is easier for the players to do without a crowd? I despair at times when we are defending well like this and I hear the "**** 'em up, get into 'em" chant starts, because I worry the players feel they need to respond and lose their shape.

8 hours ago, redsocks said:

Watford think they have the Devine right to go straight back up.who does foster think he is to say they were the dominant side.they had a 40 million player who looked a bag of shit.they need a reality check.and as for grey up front   I'm glad we didn't sign him all those years ago.

I’d take Sarr if Watford want to give him away and he’ll take a huge cut in wages!! Good players have quiet games sometimes especially when a team defends like we did last night.

Archived