IGNORED

How the elite like to moan...Solskjaer and Klopp- in Solskjaer case "Set up to fail"

Mr Popodopolous

Welcome to the money league.

I think Solskjaer has a slightly better argument that Klopp. His complaint was that Man U played away in Turkey on Wednesday night and then had a 12:30 kick off Saturday.

Liverpool played at home this week on Wednesday. 

There are 7 days in a week. It’s impossible to have an ‘even’ break between games. At some point you’re gonna have a 3 day break, others you’ll have a 4 day break. If Liverpool’s game was Sunday instead, they’d then have a shorter break to their next game v Ajax on Tuesday. They’ve got a glorious 5 day break then til the following Sunday. 

As mentioned by someone above, there never seem to be complaints about the amount of Champions League games they have to play. Liverpool won it in 1981 and played 9 games. When they won it in 2019 they had to play 13 games. If Ajax had got to the final instead of Spurs that year, they’d have played 19 games. 

If you want to be a successful club fighting on all fronts (and reap the monetary rewards that come with it) then you’re gonna need to play a few more games. 

Klopp and Ole in danger of opening an excuse gateway for players to not perform or fail

Dean Holden smiles , shrugs his shoulders , it is what it is , praises the staff and players , and creates a positive siege mentality.........

The more I think about this, Klopp , Ole , and our response and media appearances in relation to our injury crisis and being impacted by a CoVid wave (Including Dean , Pato, and Mark Ashton pre game last night) I’m actually bloody proud of the way our Club has reacted and portrayed itself

So Mr Klopp (Who I like) ..... with some bad luck you may miss out on the Premier League title and the Champions League this year ............

Oh well. , never mind..........Life will go on

So they play to many games

Simple

Get rid of Champions League and make it straight ko with the champions only in it

that would have saved Man Utd a min of 6 games this season

Oh wait They are happy to play the likes of Barca Real Madrid and Munich were they make shed loads

its the two or three games a season in the domestic cups where they might play the likes of the gas and make very little money they want to lose

Dear Mr Klopp, 

Following your recent dissatisfaction with the kick off time for your televised match, we have taken on board your comments and have agreed to only show Liverpool the contracted minimum of 10 live games. 
This will equate to £22.3 million pounds in lost revenue for your club this season. 

Best wishes. 
TV. 

Dear TV, 

I am sorry for my irregular outburst. It was really out of character and I didn’t mean it. 
I hope you see fit to reverse your decision and show Liverpool a further 19 times this season in order to receive the projected £22.3 million pounds which we have budgeted. 

Yours apologetically, 

Jurgen. 

Dear Mr Klopp,

image.gif.77207aede33f2da22d0e269f1649c8b9.gif

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

So they play to many games

Simple

Get rid of Champions League and make it straight ko with the champions only in it

that would have saved Man Utd a min of 6 games this season

Oh wait They are happy to play the likes of Barca Real Madrid and Munich were they make shed loads

its the two or three games a season in the domestic cups where they might play the likes of the gas and make very little money they want to lose

That would be quite good, from a purist POV IMO. Like the old European Cup?

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Welcome to the money league.

I think Solskjaer has a slightly better argument that Klopp. His complaint was that Man U played away in Turkey on Wednesday night and then had a 12:30 kick off Saturday.

Liverpool played at home this week on Wednesday. 

There are 7 days in a week. It’s impossible to have an ‘even’ break between games. At some point you’re gonna have a 3 day break, others you’ll have a 4 day break. If Liverpool’s game was Sunday instead, they’d then have a shorter break to their next game v Ajax on Tuesday. They’ve got a glorious 5 day break then til the following Sunday. 

As mentioned by someone above, there never seem to be complaints about the amount of Champions League games they have to play. Liverpool won it in 1981 and played 9 games. When they won it in 2019 they had to play 13 games. If Ajax had got to the final instead of Spurs that year, they’d have played 19 games. 

If you want to be a successful club fighting on all fronts (and reap the monetary rewards that come with it) then you’re gonna need to play a few more games. 

In fairness to Klopp he has said it's unfair on all the teams not just Liverpool. Like i said it doesn't happen in other countries and they help the teams that are in Europe.

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is interesting- Rights holders it seems are not happy, especially with Klopp!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tv-bosses-anger-at-juergen-klopps-outburst-n9hzrfl8t

Come on Pops, who do you think your are, Gregor McGregorface? 
Posting links of articles sat behind paywalls. 
Are you after a job as a Bristol Post journo? ?

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Come on Pops, who do you think your are, Gregor McGregorface? 
Posting links of articles sat behind paywalls. 
Are you after a job as a Bristol Post journo? ?

Saw it elsewhere. ?

The Premier League is coming under pressure to intervene in the escalating row between Jürgen Klopp and the top flight’s broadcast partners.

The Liverpool manager has aimed a number of attacks at BT Sport, claiming its scheduling is dangerous to player welfare. He has been particularly critical of the 12.30pm Saturday slot when it follows a midweek Champions League game, describing it as “criminal”, and blamed BT Sport’s reporter Des Kelly for an injury to James Milner during Saturday’s early kick-off away to Brighton & Hove Albion.

Kelly stood his ground during a live exchange after the game, telling Klopp he should direct his anger at club executives, who agree the sale of television rights. Klopp had a similar exchange with Sky’s Geoff Shreeves last week.

While the hierarchy at BT and Sky are unlikely to engage in any efforts to placate Klopp, the broadcasters are growing increasingly unhappy with what one source described as an “embarrassing, unedifying” situation.

Indeed there is a desire for the Premier League to intervene and explain to Klopp, perhaps aided by Anfield executives, why the Saturday lunchtime slot is so valuable to English football and that it will not be changed.

The Premier League will not confirm if there are plans to contact Klopp but it does regularly remind managers of its code of conduct, which asks them not to bring the game into “disrepute”.

BT paid £880 million over four years for the 12.30pm Saturday slot in the UK. It is also valuable to overseas rights holders in countries where the time difference means it is primetime Saturday-night viewing.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tv-bosses-anger-at-juergen-klopps-outburst-n9hzrfl8t

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I just find the whole thing weird, the clubs are simply just asking to not play 12:30 if they’ve played Wednesday evening so you’ve got what 4 clubs (Europa) who can’t fill that 12:30 slot in their scenario, so stick another game on then and then play Liverpool, Man City etc on at 12:30 when they’ve not been on a Wednesday evening. Simple, keeps managers happy and they’d still appear in that 12:30 spot regularly. 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I just find the whole thing weird, the clubs are simply just asking to not play 12:30 if they’ve played Wednesday evening so you’ve got what 4 clubs (Europa) who can’t fill that 12:30 slot in their scenario, so stick another game on then and then play Liverpool, Man City etc on at 12:30 when they’ve not been on a Wednesday evening. Simple, keeps managers happy and they’d still appear in that 12:30 spot regularly. 

We've done it twice- Bournemouth away, Norwich home, Watford home, Reading away. In a month- so I have little sympathy.

Tuesday-Friday, so that's Huddersfield away, Cardiff away 6pm- this all happened in a month or so!

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

We've done it twice- Bournemouth away, Norwich home, Watford home, Reading away. In a month- so I have little sympathy.

Should have clarified, I meant to say after away games on a Wednesday in Europe, I don’t have the sympathy so much when they’re at home. This is the only season I might have sympathy for home games as I think players need to be protected through this season. Goes for the championship as well.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Should have clarified, I meant to say after away games on a Wednesday in Europe, I don’t have the sympathy so much when they’re at home. This is the only season I might have sympathy for home games as I think players need to be protected through this season. Goes for the championship as well.

@Sheltons Army posted a difference in flight times vs coach times from say Huddersfield and Istanbul and there wasn't a great one- I don't really have a huge amount of sympathy personally, given schedules- out of necessity might I add- in this League. We can also add Thursday night and Sunday afternoon from Cup ties in September albeit both at home I think.

On the other hand, protecting the players there is a case for it but again TV money...look at it yet again, Saturday-Tuesday-Friday, the latter being Preston away. It's good that we're on TV somewhat more but protecting the players?

Trouble is 12.:30 is the Asian market slot and they want certain teams on and I believe there is a maximum number of games you can play in that slot per season.

It has always happened due to the overseas market, think it was pointed out on MNF on sky it’s been happening for 20 years. This season games played per day are down on other seasons so far was another fact they showed.

On 26/11/2020 at 08:50, Midred said:

Can't recall Bob Paisley constantly moaning back in the 70's and 80's when Liverpool still had 42 games to play in the league plus domestic and European competitions. 

I'm certain also that the squad would have been smaller.

You played about 3 games to win the European Cup back then.

1 hour ago, jj77 said:

You played about 3 games to win the European Cup back then.

Liverpool played 7 games to win the 77/78 European Cup. It would’ve been 9, but they were the only team to get a bye in round 1. 

That season, Liverpool played 62 games. 
When they won the Champions League in 18/19 they only played 53 in total. 

In 77/78, they used only 20 players all season. 
In 18/19 they used 26. 
In both years, they had 11 players play over 40 games. 

Archived