IGNORED

Zlatan Ibravimovic Likeness dispute.

Atticus

3 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Hope this doesn't come to anything. The kids that play these games are the next generation of season ticket holders. I know not all, but this could affect the connection to the game for youngsters. Anything football related seems to be greed driven these days

It is bad enough as it is with UT and the flash of packs opening etc. I mean it is vile tbh. Its a virtual sticker collection, but more predatory.

This. Well you may think **** yea, screw EA. But no. In this case, Id side with EA. For the sake of football games. 

5 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

They key difference is Beckham is retired, not linked to a club. EA made a statement in response saying they have contracts in place with (in this case) for "player likenesses" through club and league agreements.

Its just a bit of shit stirring from the richest players to grab even more money. I wonder if they realise that their FIFA likeness is actually good for their own brand image. If i was EA id put an even bigger nose on Zlatan just to boil his piss

Oh yeah I know that, I’m just saying they obviously see him getting that Money and now want a slice of the cake 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We are going to end up with a game full of Gas wannabes.

Players who look like but aren’t quite who they represent with names like Gary Bale and Leonard Messi. 

It’s all a joke. 

It probably is all a joke, I used to love a bit of Sonic or Crash Bandicoot irrespective of who they bloody looked like. 

If it means Fifa is to be toppled then good. The game hasn't improved in about 7 years and they have been fleecing money to its consumers for poor production for a long time. 

The days when Pro Evo was at its peak was the peak for Football games.

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

If it means Fifa is to be toppled then good. The game hasn't improved in about 7 years and they have been fleecing money to its consumers for poor production for a long time. 

Pro Evo 3 and 5 were my favourites! First couple of versions of fifa on the current gen consoles with the new March engine were very very good but then it never really improved, in fact it got worse  

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Ah, you think the way about it is by a greedy agent and two super greedy pros refusing the license out of the blue??

This is not good at all.

It wont suddenly mean pro evo have them :laugh:.

It means that anyone then can sue the game for having their license. It means no games with anytype of immersion.

Just now, Atticus said:

Ah, you think the way about it is by a greedy agent and two super greedy pros refusing the license out of the blue??

This is not good at all.

It wont suddenly mean pro evo have them :laugh:.

It means that anyone then can sue the game for having their license. It means no games with anytype of immersion.

Like ive said, as much as I hate EA and I do, I truly despise UT, this is not good. Its just bad. Its greed, and im hoping it will fail. 

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Pro Evo 3 and 5 were my favourites! First couple of versions of fifa on the current gen consoles with the new March engine were very very good but then it never really improved, in fact it got worse  

Pes 2 - 08 were absolutely brilliant Football games, it was simple but effective and the edit mode was incredible. The gameplay was quite free flowing and could score a range of good goals. For me it was the peak of Football gaming.

Fifa eventually took over from PS3 onwards until around Fifa 13 and since then it has not improved, but got worse as it has focused too much on money and FUT and not the actual gameplay itself. 

@Atticus Yes it is greed on Zlatan's behalf, but EA have been greedy for a long time. Karma? 

Archived