IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

E.G.Red

Just been announced on Talksport that Wayne Rooney today finished decipherering. the note that was handed to him during the Bristol City. 

"it was a tough job, which is why it took so long", said Rooney "anyway, Rosenior didn't need to ask my preference - he knows I always have a cod lot in the coach on the way home". 

Just now, Reigate Red said:

He's taken himself out of the squad for Saturday and Derby fans are happy about that.

I was gonna say, I’m not sure the Derby fans have been overly happy with his performances this year. 
Whenever I’ve seen them, I’ve seen him want the ball a lot, but lose it often, and not bother making any effort to chase back his own mistakes. 
Smacks as a lazy attitude - give me the ball, but I won’t help you to get it back. 

I’d wager that those of them who are happy at his appointment are likely just glad he won’t be playing. 

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

They probably think it was inevitable, but I’m sure Rosenior will be a little peeved, what with having his badges and Rooney not. 
Oh, and with him having a brain and Rooney not. ?

At least Rosenior can now say the first couple of games he was trying to follow the instructions of a guy on the pitch he couldn't communicate with rather than them being his ideas. 

Being cynical he’s avoided being in charge for the two tricky away games and then when there’s two easier home games he’s elbowed his way past Rosenior who holds the right coaching badges whereas he doesn’t 

It is kinda of win win for him, if they win its because he’s in charge and if they lose its because he’s not playing 

If I was Rosenior I would tell Derby where to shove it. Schteeeeeve back in the fold, Middle East oil money, clearly wanting “name” like Rooney, Terry, Allerdyce, Benitez all mooted. I’d tell them to carry on with their old boy/big name club trope and go find a club that he can make a difference in. He’s clearly in the mould of some of these young up and coming managers, he deserves a chance at some place that won’t be so basic case as Derby certainly will be now.

54 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Just being announced on TALKSPORT that Wayne Rooney is going to be given sole responsibility for Saturdays game. I wonder what the rest of the quartet think about that?

Did anyone hear Rosenior’s post-match interview?  In essence he was having a dig at the players for failing to hit the standards.  He was probably right.  But perhaps the timing was wrong, and perhaps the media was the wrong audience.  That’s the pressure of being a manager when you’re losing.

It wouldn’t surprise if the players didn’t like it, and suddenly Rooney is good cop and Rosenior is bad cop...and the board have made a decision.

I didn’t  like their dynamic in the Sky interview pre-Saturday....a set-up where I think both wanted to be in charge.

7 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

If I was Rosenior I would tell Derby where to shove it. Schteeeeeve back in the fold, Middle East oil money, clearly wanting “name” like Rooney, Terry, Allerdyce, Benitez all mooted. I’d tell them to carry on with their old boy/big name club trope and go find a club that he can make a difference in. He’s clearly in the mould of some of these young up and coming managers, he deserves a chance at some place that won’t be so basic case as Derby certainly will be now.

If somehow Rooney gets appointed I expect him to walk. 

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A sign of the times for Derby?

A huge double header coming up against Wycombe and Coventry.

Two defeats would surely send Mad Mel in to madness.  

Mel. Madness. 
What’s the worst he could do - sell himself his own stadium...... 

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did anyone hear Rosenior’s post-match interview?  In essence he was having a dig at the players for failing to hit the standards.  He was probably right.  But perhaps the timing was wrong, and perhaps the media was the wrong audience.  That’s the pressure of being a manager when you’re losing.

It wouldn’t surprise if the players didn’t like it, and suddenly Rooney is good cop and Rosenior is bad cop...and the board have made a decision.

I didn’t  like their dynamic in the Sky interview pre-Saturday....a set-up where I think both wanted to be in charge.

I thought he was spot on with his post match interview, surely the players can’t complain about being slated for being bottom of the table & having just been beaten 3-0 against Middlesbrough! If you can’t tell a few home truths when a club is in their position, then when can you or are you supposed carry on blowing smoke up the self-righteous footballers arses?

And I would of expected the club to have backed him for what he’s said or is this another case of player power & they are now too big to hear the actual truth? But then saying that, nothing surprises me with such an idiot in charge of the club! The club has no leadership & it’s showing with the results!

Maybe it explains why they were drink driving & not showing any respect to the club that pays them? They are allowed to get away with whatever they want?!? Seemingly no discipline!!

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Mel. Madness. 
What’s the worst he could do - sell himself his own stadium...... 

Again.

He could end up in a weird film/sitcom (filmcom? sitfilm?) hybrid of Brewster’s Millions & Ever Decreasing Circles!

Brewster’s Ever Decreasing Millions!? Brewster’s Mellions? 

Or something. 

Haven't been following this story much but sounds like between Rooney, Rosenior and McLaren that the are looking like a bit of a basket case club.

If you are in a relegation scrap then you probably don't want any of those 3 in charge. McLaren has been very hit and miss as a manager. Rosenior sounds very good as a pundit but it's not the situation to chuck him in and see if he sinks or swims in my view. Rooney has star power but that doesn't mean he can manage and has barely played at Championship level either, think he needs a good team behind him at whoever his first club is.

It will be interesting to see who if anyone can turn them around. Wouldn't be sorry if they got relegated to be honest.

26 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Haven't been following this story much but sounds like between Rooney, Rosenior and McLaren that the are looking like a bit of a basket case club.

If you are in a relegation scrap then you probably don't want any of those 3 in charge. McLaren has been very hit and miss as a manager. Rosenior sounds very good as a pundit but it's not the situation to chuck him in and see if he sinks or swims in my view. Rooney has star power but that doesn't mean he can manage and has barely played at Championship level either, think he needs a good team behind him at whoever his first club is.

It will be interesting to see who if anyone can turn them around. Wouldn't be sorry if they got relegated to be honest.

My guess is they try and bring Allardyce in 

9 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Agree, and also (like you, without reading too much background) it appears that the three of them happen to be there working together almost by accident. Normally in that situation you’ve got three people who’ve been coaching together, for example, and there’s a coherent plan behind it. Here, it just seems like three individuals who’ve all been brought in as a knee jerk and no real plan. Hard to see it lasting long. 

Archived