IGNORED

New CoVid Measures Plan - 4000 in Stands and ............12000 on pitch edge

Sheltons Army

Came across this flashback to the fun days of 1990

Thought it might make Bring back some memories and a laugh for some.

One of the funniest afternoons ever following City , with rumours every few minutes  that the Sags were losing at Blackpool prompting yet another pitch invasion , with another invasion for every goal !

I think a few of us covered more ground than Dave Rennie that day !

Although I was in the middle of it , Watching it back it really is amazing the referee allowed the game to continue 

I’m sure if Nicky Morgans  header hadn’t gone in , there were a few stood on the post ready to tap it in ?

The numbers stood cramming the touchline for a large proposition of the match was crazy , not sure in all my years of football I can recall anything like it , City or elsewhere 

Joe wasn’t happy mind ....

Social Distancing Anyone .......

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

Wow fantastic memories what a day amazing scenes ???????????

Glad you enjoyed , brought a real smile to my face and made me laugh

The Pitch Invasion around 8.30 for no apparent reason (Gas losing rumour) was the funniest 

Absolutely loved that season - topped off by five weeks in Italy for the World Cup , and another fantastic ‘journey’

Because of my age and the atmosphere of those days I think it probably pips Cotts season for me for the all round experience

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Glad you enjoyed , brought a real smile to my face and made me laugh

The Pitch Invasion around 8.30 for no apparent reason (Gas losing rumour) was the funniest 

Absolutely loved that season - topped off by five weeks in Italy for the World Cup , and another fantastic ‘journey’

Because of my age and the atmosphere of those days I think it probably pips Cotts season for me for the all round experience

The rotheram game was another amazing pitch invasion that was a real tonic shelts watched with tears streaming down me face 

2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

The rotheram game was another amazing pitch invasion that was a real tonic shelts watched with tears streaming down me face 

I remember a tiny group of Rotherham fans who stayed behind and clapped the City, so leaving the ground we started to applaud them. A great day.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I remember a tiny group of Rotherham fans who stayed behind and clapped the City, so leaving the ground we started to applaud them. A great day.

Yeah I remember that. I think they were on our side anyway as a win for them would have seen Forest promoted. And due to the events during the miners strike in 1984 there is a deep bad feeling towards the Nottinghamshire miners by the South Yorkshire miners and their families.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree , nothing bad about a promotion day !

Think Wards promotion was probably the least fun (We got promoted whilst not playing IIRC)

The Preston game was an odd one when they won the title at the Gate. Both sets of fans on the pitch shaking hands. Never seen that before or since.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have noticed that some clubs seem to have an inordinate number of staff and stewards hanging around the stands, there seemed to be about 500 people watching our game against Bournemouth.

Possible that because quite wealthy club, PL money, Parachute Payments maybe because they can, they are bringing matchday staff in- might it be PL and Parachute clubs or recent Parachute Clubs who tend to?

10 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Came across this flashback to the fun days of 1990

Thought it might make Bring back some memories and a laugh for some.

One of the funniest afternoons ever following City , with rumours every few minutes  that the Sags were losing at Blackpool prompting yet another pitch invasion , with another invasion for every goal !

I think a few of us covered more ground than Dave Rennie that day !

Although I was in the middle of it , Watching it back it really is amazing the referee allowed the game to continue 

I’m sure if Nicky Morgans  header hadn’t gone in , there were a few stood on the post ready to tap it in ?

The numbers stood cramming the touchline for a large proposition of the match was crazy , not sure in all my years of football I can recall anything like it , City or elsewhere 

Joe wasn’t happy mind ....

Social Distancing Anyone .......

Great scenes, exactly what football is to me.

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree , nothing bad about a promotion day !

Think Wards promotion was probably the least fun (We got promoted whilst not playing IIRC)

Correct, plus we we were just so far ahead with Watford.

Bit of anti climax in a weird way. Preston away we had already lost interest, it seemed. 

Archived