IGNORED

Will we be better or worse for the return of the crowds?

Major Isewater

Will the return of the crowds help or hinder our team ?

We have many young players developing and making their mistakes in empty stadiums without the catcalls from the stands. I view this as an advantage.

We are sometimes having to be patient and grind out results at home, the pressure from the stands can mean we make bad decisions in haste to attack. 

We and the officials are not being intimidated by a large vocal home support.

The players can hear the instructions from the bench much better.

There must be other factors such as encouragement and energy from the stands when the lads are out on their knees but that applies to all clubs and is not uniquely applicable to our side. 

What do you think? 

I just hope we can continue our amazing run when we can be there to cheer the boys on.

Everyone involved in the football industry want to see fans back in stadiums largely because of the atmosphere which can and often does motivate the team.

As Major says there can be negatively that can crucify players ( remember Nyatanga?) but overall having the fans back back would be hugely positive.

Im certain everyone involved in the beautiful game can hardly wait.

56 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Hard to say but I think we’d of won wednesday with 20k under the lights that spell 60-75 mins when we were really on top, I thought to myself imagine the atmosphere! Would of been electric 

I disagree. The main reason Dean's plan to set up "in shape" and play as an away team worked first half on Tuesday was because there weren't fans there. There would have been, moaning, groaning, bellyaching, toys out, the lot with fans there on Tuesday. Instead we played the pragmatic way and ended up getting some kind of result in the end.

You've only got to look at the matchday threads. 3rd in the league and the overall tone is one of depressing negativity from far too many people (not all or even the majority before people go all sensitive) who clearly prefer to impart that negative message over a more supportive one. Nothing is good enough, literally nothing. The same people who only pop up when there is something to moan about on matchday threads are the same people attending matches in many cases.

My main concern is whether the youngsters continue to develop as quickly with 20k+ people audibly expressing dissatisfaction at the inevitable small errors. 

I believe we've already seen this affect semenyo in the past.

I just hope he (Moore and vyner too) can block it out / rise above it, as their development has been pretty much the only silver lining in the covid-football cloud 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Everyone involved in the football industry want to see fans back in stadiums largely because of the atmosphere which can and often does motivate the team.

As Major says there can be negatively that can crucify players ( remember Nyatanga?) but overall having the fans back back would be hugely positive.

Im certain everyone involved in the beautiful game can hardly wait.

Believe it was pronounced Nyatangle by his detractors.

Not as bad as perhaps remembered.

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Believe it was pronounced Nyatangle by his detractors.

Not as bad as perhaps remembered.

No he wasn’t that poor until the tail end of his career at City. He made one real howler I remember when he misjudged a bouncing ball and City conceded. The crowd really got on to him and in the nexts home game you see his confidence slipping away.He looked scared to make another mistake.

Archived