IGNORED

Reading – Sat 28th November 12:30 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

16 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I’m afraid this is a Lee Johnson style of performance again. No forward drive whatsoever just sideways, sideways & backwards. Too scared to lose rather than trying to win the game. Boring style of football & I expected something different from a Dean 90 Goals Holden team.

Johnson had a lot of faults but no one could accuse his away sides of being boring, completely the opposite in fact.

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Agreed. I think this is particularly our style in the first half of games. Honestly think it might be part of our tactical plans - we stay very tight and disciplined for the first 45 and are more adventurous second half when opposition energy levels are lower.

No doubting Reading had the better of the half, but really one great bit of skill from their forward and long shots are where their chances have come from - nothing clear cut - defensively we have been very good. 

Interesting point. I noticed the Reading forward press stopped after half an hour which gave us more time on the ball

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Agree Paterson for no fault of his own is to deep to affect the game. 

I do wonder after the first few games if when he gets near the penalty area the pressure on him to score takes his mind off seeing other people around him. Once or twice he's turned back into the centre when an unmarked player on the left has a free run to the by line.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Best players in that half Rowe and O'Dowda.

Hunt very careless on the ball. Pato looking slow and lightweight.

Moore defended well at times but looks less confident on the ball than what we saw earlier in the season.

Fam been ineffective so far. Him and Semenyo doesn't look great but maybe that can change if we play a bit more positively 2nd half like we did midweek.

O dowda. Wow.

14 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Usual first half performance, lack luster a typical LJ tactic. Why cant we go out from the start  and attack and hopefully build up a 2-0 lead.

..... Because everyone knows that  2-0 is a very dangerous score line! ?

Archived