IGNORED

Reading – Sat 28th November 12:30 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

I can't believe some of the people on here. You would think we were 10 points adrift, routed to the bottom of the table. Yes we were poor today, but it's quite clear the fixtures have caught up with us. Reading were the better team today and deserved the 3 points. Taylor Moore has the ability and the potential. He needs time, and his decision making will improve with experience. It's a long old season and we still have key players to come back from injury. Let's not write us off today. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe all the years have worn me down Len , and today we have been poor ,

but I’m surprised that so many people expect to be so high in the table and playing attractive attacking football .....when you look at our squad , DH new in post and the current injury and CoVid situations

It’s disappointing , frustrating , and spoils our weekend , but I think the Championship may be like this , this season , and I still think DH is building a base that may bring fruition , certainly not getting everything but getting much right too

My first thought on the selection was I was surprised we used the same 11 with such a quick turnaround - I know we were somewhat limited and I guess DH has his reasons , but more importantly if he thinks he called it wrong I believe he will reflect on it 

Im as gutted about the result as anyone , I do believe the overall picture is much brighter 

And FWIW I’ve watched Reading a few times and been impressed , and commented how well drilled they look 

Both Meite and Jao are handfuls when at it ,and they are a decent side with their new manager clearly having an impact

simply they were good , we were poor 

Keep the faith mate

Maybe all the years have worn me down Len , and today we have been poor ,

but I’m surprised that so many people expect to be so high in the table and playing attractive attacking football .....when you look at our squad , DH new in post and the current injury and CoVid situations

It’s disappointing , frustrating , and spoils our weekend , but I think the Championship may be like this , this season , and I still think DH is building a base that may bring fruition , certainly not getting everything but getting much right too

My first thought on the selection was I was surprised we used the same 11 with such a quick turnaround - I know we were somewhat limited and I guess DH has his reasons , but more importantly if he thinks he called it wrong I believe he will reflect on it 

Im as gutted about the result as anyone , I do believe the overall picture is much brighter 

And FWIW I’ve watched Reading a few times and been impressed , and commented how well drilled they look 

Both Meite and Jao are handfuls when at it ,and they are a decent side with their new manager clearly having an impact

simply they were good , we were poor 

Keep the faith mate

Good post mate thank you.  They were very good I thought. Surprised they’ve been on such a run before today. Some players there that will go on to bigger things for sure.  

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Some of the comments are probably heat of the moment and none of us like losing but lets not forget we have our entire Defence and Midfield out injured and we are papering over the cracks at the moment to still be forth is incredible.

And yet, it's still about not knowing how to attack. Don Goodman called it too safe.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is my concern. The performances aren’t there and while the results have been, there are some warning signs that were over achieving. 

The problem is the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I have no problem with Dean Holden in charge now and ultimately the only thing that counts is your points on the board.

But we have been very bland this year (with many mitigating reasons I’m sure) and I’m not convinced you can build a successful season around that.

4 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Obviously disappointing, but cant win them all, especially in current I jury crisis. Let's make sure we beat them back at the gate when hopefully more of our players are back!

No, you can’t win them all, but selecting the same starting XI as one that started around 64 hours earlier doesn’t do us any favours either. 

Shit day at the office, but we were battling. ‘No effort’ calls are bollocks. We will lose some of these tough away days but we need to judge the staff and team on how we bounce back which so far has been positive.

At least we don’t have Wayne Rooney as manager.

Just now, westonred said:

Some of the comments are probably heat of the moment and none of us like losing but lets not forget we have our entire Defence and Midfield out injured and we are papering over the cracks at the moment to still be forth is incredible.

No "probably" about it. People who don't say a ******* word after a good result but as soon as we have a bad one everything is shit and we're destined to finish in the bottom half.

******* embarrassing behaviour.

Bentley 10

The rest 1 or in a couple of cases 0

There we are...I’m not going to pick on individuals as everyone is naming their personal scape goat. (Moore and Vyner step forward for most)

.Wells and Martin did well with next to nothing!

Bloody furious with that. Embarrassing!

Just now, Numero Uno said:

He’s been playing well for weeks now and the first knock back and he’s nowhere near good enough?. Give your head a big wobble.

Been looking good for had experience with Rowe or Kalas there. 
No experience and he looked awful played over 100 games as a pro shouldn’t need experience there to help.

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do think a part of it is the fact we're trying to scrape out results with a piecemeal side though. Today has been poor for sure but I think part of the style of football is trying to compete without Sessegnon, Kalas, Mawson, Baker, Bakinson, Williams, Walsh and Weimann. I can't help feeling a more stable defence and a midfield with Walsh, Bakinson and Weimann as options would not be this turgid.  

I don't really get this piecemeal side argument. We put out a strong squad today

Today's performance was not enough.missing kalas not enough effort by everyone.the score could have been more.needs to go back to 4 the back and give us some more attacking flair up front.its the same every season great at start of the season then we fall away.this season will be no different.

Just now, wayne allisons tongues said:

Been looking good for had experience with Rowe or Kalas there. 
No experience and he looked awful played over 100 games as a pro shouldn’t need experience there to help.

You are talking shit because you are frustrated. No point discussing it as it’s so stupid. Enjoy your day?.

Just now, Northern Red said:

No "probably" about it. People who don't say a ******* word after a good result but as soon as we have a bad one everything is shit and we're destined to finish in the bottom half.

******* embarrassing behaviour.

I agree largely....But this wasn’t a bad result, it was a bad performance. To use your word, Embarrassing!

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

No but there is shame in not being able to pass the ball rather than continously hoofing it forward. Or just a complete lack of intent. Reading are just another average team in this league.

Reading are a very good team with some above average players for this division - would love to have Joao, Meite, Ejaria, better than anything we have.

We didn't play that well, but they were simply better and some of our players just couldn't cope with their attack and got roasted today. 

We kept it at 0-0 at half time which was good, but once we tried to take them on and opened up, they cruised to the win.

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

What did Brunt bring to the game when he took the free kick a couple of minutes after he came on? he was struggling for breath and sweating like a pig - if that’s fitness I’ll have another pint!

Much better option than Joe Morrell apparently.

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t forget it’s the style of football,I swear the way we play doesn’t help,for years now we have been a counter attacking team and just running after the ball for a majority of games can’t be good

Good point. Running and all that time without the ball can't help at all. I don't think we've always been counter attacking, thinking chunks of 2017/18, the high press. Definitely 2018/19 we were for good chunks, last season undoubtedly.

Start of this season we were quite positive I thought, and additionally more possession, better in terms of creation and concession of chances than last season, but we seem to have been slipping back towards a more reactive game plan.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Good post mate thank you.  They were very good I thought. Surprised they’ve been on such a run before today. Some players there that will go on to bigger things for sure.  

And don’t get me wrong Len

DH and coaches need to look back at any lessons learned , whether it be our plan , shape or harsh Assessment and reflections on individual players 

I still think our overall quality is lacking and we have players I I have reservations about , but that can’t be laid at DHs door atm

Archived