IGNORED

Reading – Sat 28th November 12:30 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Bentley - Outstanding and still conceded 3.

Hunt - Dreadful. Lost the ball on at least 7 occasions.

Vyner - Best of a bad bunch at the back, positioning not great today.

Moore - I mean I said it in September, this lad is a League 1 defender. His worst performance today by far, and should have seen Red.

Rowe - Not good enough as well, no real ability bar hard work and against better sides like Reading, will get found out, and he did.

Dasilva - His worst performance in a while for City. Really poor for the 2nd goal, surprised he couldnt have the pace to get back. Poor.

Nagy - Felt sorry for him if i'm honest. No one in midfield next to him who wants to have the ball and keep it and break play up. Was dismayed he was subbed.

Paterson - Shocking. Nothing else to be said today and for the last 4 games.

O'Dowda - Too busy running into opposition players. 

Semenyo - His worst display for us this season, but at least he tried to make things happen.

Diedhiou - Don't think he won one single header or aerial challenge in the game, it was the Fam of very old today absolutely useless.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Reading are a very good team with some above average players for this division - would love to have Joao, Meite, Ejaria, better than anything we have.

We didn't play that well, but they were simply better and some of our players just couldn't cope with their attack and got roasted today. 

We kept it at 0-0 at half time which was good, but once we tried to take them on and opened up, they cruised to the win.

Don't forget Puscas as backup, Swift had PL offers in the summer. Think thy have quite a lot of talented individuals.

Got beat fair and square even if the goal that kicked Reading off had its share of luck with a big deflection off Vyner. As an attacking threat we never really got going. Too often when in advanced positions we failed to deliver the ball into the box, and certainly didn't get shots away. Semenyo had his quietest game for us yet, well shackled by Richards and Moore, while Pato was certainly off his creative game. Disappointing, but not the end of the world and we move on to QPR. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sadly for Taylor Moore I think Vyner has definitely overtaken him. I've been rooting for Moore but he will soon go from an error prone young player to just an error prone player, and that isn't good enough despite his obvious strengths and likeable personality

He’s 23 , not young in footballing terms and keeps making the same mistakes. 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Apparently so. I can’t imagine Brunt coming here for less than 15 k a week either. Morrell would of been on less than half of that i would imagine. 

Sadly for Joe he did not have a mate on the coaching staff. He may not be represented by the right agency either.

17 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Surely we can coach it out if him?

He's got to be allowed to make a few mistakes as he learns. If you want a ball playing centre back then he has to be encouraged to play and that will lead to mistakes. Some of the easy misplaced passes are frustrating but the good outweighs the bad by a country mile.

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Look at Brunt for the 3rd goal. Just jogging back when Moore and Vyner are 2v2. If he sprints back, he would have feel the gap. He could have stopped the cross or perhaps the Reading player wouldn’t have attempted the pass.

Aging midfielders and sprinting back, higher up the pitch aren't a good mix. See also centre backs.

Morrell might have made it?

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Reading are a very good team with some above average players for this division - would love to have Joao, Meite, Ejaria, better than anything we have.

We didn't play that well, but they were simply better and some of our players just couldn't cope with their attack and got roasted today. 

We kept it at 0-0 at half time which was good, but once we tried to take them on and opened up, they cruised to the win.

Why isn’t that us?

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

Apparently so. I can’t imagine Brunt coming here for less than 15 k a week either. Morrell would of been on less than half of that i would imagine. 

I can assure you that Brunt is on far less than 15k. He is one of the lowest earners in the original first team squad.

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:

He's got to be allowed to make a few mistakes as he learns. If you want a ball playing centre back then he has to be encouraged to play and that will lead to mistakes. Some of the easy misplaced passes are frustrating but the good outweighs the bad by a country mile.

Sorry, that’s what I meant. 

Yoy can coach the mistakes our, not the desire to lay play football.

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And don’t get me wrong Len

DH and coaches need to look back at any lessons learned , whether it be our plan , shape or harsh Assessment and reflections on individual players 

I still think our overall quality is lacking and we have players I I have reservations about , but that can’t be laid at DHs door atm

Yeah he’s working with what he’s currently got but I do think even with what we have that we could be a bit more adventurous.  But I also completely understand that it’s a results business, especially for him atm when he is effectively auditioning for a better contract and longer term a career in management.  It doesn’t mean that I enjoy the football though. But I get it. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Got beat fair and square even if the goal that kicked Reading off had its share of luck with a big deflection off Vyner. As an attacking threat we never really got going. Too often when in advanced positions we failed to deliver the ball into the box, and certainly didn't get shots away. Semenyo had his quietest game for us yet, well shackled by Richards and Moore, while Pato was certainly off his creative game. Disappointing, but not the end of the world and we move on to QPR. 

The first hour was completely wasted with Diedhiou up front - today he was back to being clumsy, trampoline boots, and ambling around. I hope thats the last start he gets tbh. He was abysmal, fine as a late sub if we must, but thats it for me.

Semenyo was fighting a losing battle up front on his own and, although he didn't have a very good game, at least he had mobility and gave their defenders a bit of a game. We should persevere with him and give him as many minutes as possible to develop.

Injures no excuse if other players not good enough why we paying their wages **** em out , lack of fight and passion playing against a team who are 90th on current form in whole football league , players need a rocket up their asses and should fell embarrassed to pick up wages on that performance,I can’t say anymore because I’ll get banned , a chance to put us firmly in play off position wasted by wasters 

Reading had four attacking,  creative players in the pitch.  We had none.  A lot rests on the return of Williams and walsh.

I feel the lack of wingers in either of our systems was evident again today. 

Very little ability to use the width of the pitch and get crosses in. (Not that fam would finish them).

Not wanting to slate the players too much, I did fear the schedule and lack of available rotation would catch up with us today and I think that was a big factor. 

1 minute ago, Magger1 said:

Injures no excuse if other players not good enough why we paying their wages **** em out , lack of fight and passion playing against a team who are 90th on current form in whole football league , players need a rocket up their asses and should fell embarrassed to pick up wages on that performance,I can’t say anymore because I’ll get banned , a chance to put us firmly in play off position wasted by wasters 

Talk about earning your wages, I bet Paterson is knackered after the way he put himself about today. It really amazes me how he keeps up his energy levels. 

1 minute ago, Magger1 said:

So we lost a match.  Get over it.  I saw no lack of effort, just didn’t go for us today.  Makeshift defence facing one of the best attacks in the division, and a wicked deflection for one of the goals.  As usual, some people on here need to get a grip.  Anyone who knows anything about football will recognise that a decent team are most dangerous after a poor run, so the form table actually indicated what a difficult game it would be.

Archived