IGNORED

Reading – Sat 28th November 12:30 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

No more than Reading have deserved. We’ve created little and, aside from the 5 minutes before the goal, have been outclassed. Really disappointing performance, albeit against a team who look pretty strong. 

Agree, outclassed by a physical team who have forward players who are clinical. Wake up call for Holden. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's the 4th season in a row we've had bad, rolling injuries. Medium to long term, first team and first reserve players.

Get all clubs have injuries but I really wonder about how constant ours are.

I’ve said it was something that needs looking into but people tell me it just happens.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's the 4th season in a row we've had bad, rolling injuries. Medium to long term, first team and first reserve players.

Our injury situation is farcical, surely bad luck, or are we doing something wrong in training/preparation?

5 minutes ago, Jacki said:

No more than Reading have deserved. We’ve created little and, aside from the 5 minutes before the goal, have been outclassed. Really disappointing performance, albeit against a team who look pretty strong. 

Who hadn't won in there previous 5 games and shipped 16 goals (sounds even worse now).

Fair play to Reading, thought that defensively we stood up to them well in the 1st but they showed a range of passing that gave us all sorts of problems in the 2nd half. They looked better in the air than us too for mist of the game. Was hoping for a Huddersfield away type of comeback at 1-1 but the second goal they scored was very well taken. Our record against the top teams isnt great but hopefully we will do better against QPR!

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do think a part of it is the fact we're trying to scrape out results with a piecemeal side though. Today has been poor for sure but I think part of the style of football is trying to compete without Sessegnon, Kalas, Mawson, Baker, Bakinson, Williams, Walsh and Weimann. I can't help feeling a more stable defence and a midfield with Walsh, Bakinson and Weimann as options would not be this turgid.  

I hope you are right mate. Because win lose or draw Im just not enjoying watching it at the moment. But I do get that you have to work with what you have and he’s done well to get us where we are currently.  

Rubbish that.

Diedhiou toothless.

Paterson a complete passenger.

Rowe not a centre back.

Moore completely out of place.

O’Dowda busy doing **** all.

Massengo still asleep. 

That’s what you get when half of them don’t turn up.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I’m not going to be knee jerk we’ve done well to get where we are, but I really think for the majority it’s the style of football as opposed to a poor result here or there.  It’s just so turgid and lacking creativity. As mentioned earlier if Warnock has served this up he would’ve been slaughtered. 

Maybe all the years have worn me down Len , and today we have been poor ,

but I’m surprised that so many people expect to be so high in the table and playing attractive attacking football .....when you look at our squad , DH new in post and the current injury and CoVid situations

It’s disappointing , frustrating , and spoils our weekend , but I think the Championship may be like this , this season , and I still think DH is building a base that may bring fruition , certainly not getting everything but getting much right too

My first thought on the selection was I was surprised we used the same 11 with such a quick turnaround - I know we were somewhat limited and I guess DH has his reasons , but more importantly if he thinks he called it wrong I believe he will reflect on it 

Im as gutted about the result as anyone , I do believe the overall picture is much brighter 

And FWIW I’ve watched Reading a few times and been impressed , and commented how well drilled they look 

Both Meite and Jao are handfuls when at it ,and they are a decent side with their new manager clearly having an impact

simply they were good , we were poor 

Keep the faith mate

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I’m not going to be knee jerk we’ve done well to get where we are, but I really think for the majority it’s the style of football as opposed to a poor result here or there.  It’s just so turgid and lacking creativity. As mentioned earlier if Warnock has served this up he would’ve been slaughtered. 

Maybe all the years have worn me down Len , and today we have been poor ,

but I’m surprised that so many people expect to be so high in the table and playing attractive attacking football .....when you look at our squad , DH new in post and the current injury and CoVid situations

It’s disappointing , frustrating , and spoils our weekend , but I think the Championship may be like this , this season , and I still think DH is building a base that may bring fruition , certainly not getting everything but getting much right too

My first thought on the selection was I was surprised we used the same 11 with such a quick turnaround - I know we were somewhat limited and I guess DH has his reasons , but more importantly if he thinks he called it wrong I believe he will reflect on it 

Im as gutted about the result as anyone , I do believe the overall picture is much brighter 

And FWIW I’ve watched Reading a few times and been impressed , and commented how well drilled they look 

Both Meite and Jao are handfuls when at it ,and they are a decent side with their new manager clearly having an impact

simply they were good , we were poor 

Keep the faith mate

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Sorry going to call partial bullshit there, Vyner has been good all season, Moore has  his moments but can be an absolute liability as we’ve just seen. That last goal for me deserves a changing room bollocking. Shit pass then not defending the ball when it goes free on the touch line, it’s your **** up kid sort it.

Who let Jao turn and score for the 3rd 

Also what was Massengo doing with that sliding tackle.

Play like that, and our destiny is to finish in the lower half of the league. Which would beg the question as to why Johnson was sacked.

Holden might still turn it around, but the fact is, we've been desperately lacklustre for more games than we've not.

I'm glad I'm not committing time and petrol money getting to matches so far this season.

Just now, 054123 said:

Honest question, do you think we played that much better against Watford or Derby?

Kept Derby quiet and let Watford play in front of us without too much threat so yes. Second half today we didn’t and paid the price. Could cope with their strength and movement. Up there with Norwich in terms of poor defensive performance

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don’t forget it’s the style of football,I swear the way we play doesn’t help,for years now we have been a counter attacking team and just running after the ball for a majority of games can’t be good

Archived