IGNORED

Job for Cotts - Finally !

GrahamC

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just been appointed Shrewsbury manager on a three and a half year deal.

All the best to him, especially against the blue few..

3 & a half year deal? In today’s climate that’s a great deal for Cotts, how many managers get to stay in a job nowadays for anywhere near that sort of time?

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

3 & a half year deal? In today’s climate that’s a great deal for Cotts, how many managers get to stay in a job nowadays for anywhere near that sort of time?

I'm sure that's what he signed with us as well. If he's looking for that length of deal it might explain why he's been out of the game for a while.

Top man, best of luck to him.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm sure that's what he signed with us as well. If he's looking for that length of deal it might explain why he's been out of the game for a while.

Top man, best of luck to him.

No disrespect to Shrewsbury but I’d suggest our ambitions were a little different when appointing Cotts, he’s been out of the game for a while & his last couple of jobs wouldn’t point towards him deserving such a long contract.

20 minutes ago, SBB said:

Their fans don’t seem too happy. I’d be over the moon if I was a Shrewsbury supporter. 

Not managed for a while, our ambitions & budgets were / are probably polar opposites, especially with how the current financial climate stands. I can hardly see the Shrewsbury board allowing Cotts to bring in the best players in the division & if they were, I could see Cotts struggling to get them to join him at Shrewsbury for a similar project.

Good luck to him, I have nothing against him or Shrewsbury.

32 minutes ago, SBB said:

Their fans don’t seem too happy. I’d be over the moon if I was a Shrewsbury supporter. 

I realise that many City fans see SC as some kind of messiah but I was never really impressed with him. I didn’t shed any tears when he got sacked.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I realise that many City fans see SC as some kind of messiah but I was never really impressed with him. I didn’t shed any tears when he got sacked.

I don’t think many did but are you saying you were ‘never really impressed with him’ when he walked us to the league one title playing some cracking offensive football? Lower your standards if thats the case 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I didn’t really see him as that but I do have a massive amount of respect for what he achieved here. I just think looking at his CV, Shrewsbury could do a lot worse. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Amazing that you weren’t impressed by two of our most successful managers in our lifetimes

Also the two who probably created the best buzz around the Club in my 50 yrs of supporting , with Jordan not far off

And both picked us up from messes at the wrong end of League One and turned us into a Championship Club 

I realise you are up to your stupid trolling but it’s laughable and somewhat pathetic  in all honesty 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about him.

99 points in a season, first title in 60 years, not exactly Danny Wilson, was he?

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Christ alive! What on earth would impress you?  Apart from the OS.....

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about him.

99 points in a season, first title in 60 years, not exactly Danny Wilson, was he?

Simply and well put Graham

The football we played under SC was scintillating , 

Only time in my lifetime we’ve won anything or done anything with real aplomb

Archived