IGNORED

Job for Cotts - Finally !

GrahamC

17 hours ago, glastonred said:

Good luck, Steve! Nice town to end up in! Only problem is that there seems to be two ways to pronounce it, so make sure you get it right! I say "Shro'sbury", while others say "Shroosbury"....Nobody seems to know which is correct!

I believe the difference is described as "town or gown", the first option you have written is how the rather posh private school refers to itself. The latter pronunciation is the one people in the town use.

16 hours ago, BigTone said:

I'm thinking their nickname "The Shrews" sort of ends that arguement 

That would make the above seem correct.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I believe the difference is described as "town or gown", the first option you have written is how the rather posh private school refers to itself. The latter pronunciation is the one people in the town use.

That would make the above seem correct.

You need to add in the neglect to pronounce the R at all. 

“Shoes-bury” which is what a lot of the locals go with. 

Either way... new second team! Salop (whatever that means!)

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I spoke to a gashead a few weeks back about Cotts - I said they should bite his hand off to be their new manager because he is a phenomenal manager at their  level - he replied “we wouldn’t touch a dirty City has-been, we can do much better” - then when I said we had been happy to welcome both Terry Cooper and John Ward to our club after they’d been at Roverzzzz, and they both won us promotion; he was non-plussed - I just love the typical gormless gashead look when they realise a conversation hasn’t gone their way ... priceless ...  

Yet the irony that Tisdale is ex-City too albeit not as prominent.

19 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts @Harry

That season was unreal. I will always be thankful for that season. I was lucky enough to be at Bradford away as well. Amazing memories!

All the best SC. Very good appointment for them.

Yes indeed!  Did any other City team ever score eight goals in a league game under any of their managers, If they did, It wasn't in my lifetime and I'm 75.

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Cotts pisses all over your beloved Danny Wilson.

Every day of every week.

Wilson was a serial bottler, his team went nowhere, he had 4 full seasons to end up exactly where we started. He achieved nothing with us.

He had funds too, he spent £600k (a real fortune for a third division club) on Lee Peacock, a piss head, who flattered to deceive. Paired him with Robbored’s beloved Tony Thorpe, a £1m player, playing in the third division..

People say Cotts had a big budget (& he did) but he sold Baldock for £2m to balance the books & brought in the likes of Wilbs & Wade Elliott for nothing.

Wilson’s free transfers were the likes of Tony Butler & Mark Lever..

Absolutely no comparison..

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Every day of every week.

Wilson was a serial bottler, his team went nowhere, he had 4 full seasons to end up exactly where we started. He achieved nothing with us.

He had funds too, he spent £600k (a real fortune for a third division club) on Lee Peacock, a piss head, who flattered to deceive. Paired him with Robbored’s beloved Tony Thorpe, a £1m player, playing in the third division..

People say Cotts had a big budget (& he did) but he sold Baldock for £2m to balance the books & brought in the likes of Wilbs & Wade Elliott for nothing.

Wilson’s free transfers were the likes of Tony Butler & Mark Lever..

Absolutely no comparison..

Wilson did manage to take a team (Barnsley) to the Premiership, whereas Cotts took his (us) to the Championship, so one COULD argue that Wilson’s CV reads better. 
Just playing devils advocate - not taking sides... ;)

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Wilson did manage to take a team (Barnsley) to the Premiership, whereas Cotts took his (us) to the Championship, so one COULD argue that Wilson’s CV reads better. 
Just playing devils advocate - not taking sides... ;)

He did, but do we really care what someone does elsewhere?

Pulis took Stoke into Europe..

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I spoke to a gashead a few weeks back about Cotts - I said they should bite his hand off to be their new manager because he is a phenomenal manager at their  level - he replied “we wouldn’t touch a dirty City has-been, we can do much better” - then when I said we had been happy to welcome both Terry Cooper and John Ward to our club after they’d been at Roverzzzz, and they both won us promotion; he was non-plussed - I just love the typical gormless gashead look when they realise a conversation hasn’t gone their way ... priceless ...  

I'm amazed you didn't think to point out who Paul Tisdale used to play for...?!

The only rational to his clarify his moronic ramblings is to interpret them as meaning "we don't want anyone who's done well at City, but we are happy to have your cast offs that didn't actually achieve anything or have only been involved with you since before"The Gap" was "born" (which was probably before half our fans were born!) 

14 hours ago, eardun said:

Danny Wilson also provided what I regard as my worst experience as a City fan - that play off final v Brighton. Cotterill delivered what Wilson couldn’t - and in style. Good luck to the guy. I hope he does well. 

Yep...........gotta agree, that was an awful performance in front of so many faithful City fans...........whatever happened to that tiny bloke who scored the winner?  A real let down of a day. ?

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep...........gotta agree, that was an awful performance in front of so many faithful City fans...........whatever happened to that tiny bloke who scored the winner?  A real let down of a day. ?

Leon ‘Diving’ Knight

9 goals in 64 games in Championship and then his career slid down through the levels via Scotland to Ireland 

* He sort of sums up what we lost to that day

One of the first prolific divers

5 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes indeed!  Did any other City team ever score eight goals in a league game under any of their managers, If they did, It wasn't in my lifetime and I'm 75.

Not only that but a hat trick from a centre half as well! I was lucky to see the 6 at Bradford....but Walsall at home was something special as well! Great times!

On 28/11/2020 at 10:24, Bar BS3 said:

I'm amazed you didn't think to point out who Paul Tisdale used to play for...?!

The only rational to his clarify his moronic ramblings is to interpret them as meaning "we don't want anyone who's done well at City, but we are happy to have your cast offs that didn't actually achieve anything or have only been involved with you since before"The Gap" was "born" (which was probably before half our fans were born!) 

Of course I would have pointed out who Tisdale used to play for - but as my post said, my conversation with the gashead was weeks ago - way before Tisdale was appointed. 

And surely ‘The Gap’ needs to be renamed now? It doesn’t do the disparity in league positions, infrastructure and time they’ve spent below us any justice at all - it’s more of a gert big bloody chasm now?!

And you’re spot on about our cast offs - they seem to view them as making a step up when they join Roverzzz for some reason, whereas they are soooo intimidated by anyone who has been successful with us ...

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Well they have Tisdale . 

Walshy went there as a coach and didn’t John Ward go back there after us ? 

Short memories or no memories at all, strange for a club that plays at the Memorial Ground .

Yep - Ward went back to the roverzzz around 14 years after he left City I believe ... their memories are so short and selective it’s so amusing...

Archived