Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Job for Cotts - Finally !

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just been appointed Shrewsbury manager on a three and a half year deal.

All the best to him, especially against the blue few..

3 & a half year deal? In today’s climate that’s a great deal for Cotts, how many managers get to stay in a job nowadays for anywhere near that sort of time?

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

3 & a half year deal? In today’s climate that’s a great deal for Cotts, how many managers get to stay in a job nowadays for anywhere near that sort of time?

I'm sure that's what he signed with us as well. If he's looking for that length of deal it might explain why he's been out of the game for a while.

Top man, best of luck to him.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm sure that's what he signed with us as well. If he's looking for that length of deal it might explain why he's been out of the game for a while.

Top man, best of luck to him.

No disrespect to Shrewsbury but I’d suggest our ambitions were a little different when appointing Cotts, he’s been out of the game for a while & his last couple of jobs wouldn’t point towards him deserving such a long contract.

20 minutes ago, SBB said:

Their fans don’t seem too happy. I’d be over the moon if I was a Shrewsbury supporter. 

Not managed for a while, our ambitions & budgets were / are probably polar opposites, especially with how the current financial climate stands. I can hardly see the Shrewsbury board allowing Cotts to bring in the best players in the division & if they were, I could see Cotts struggling to get them to join him at Shrewsbury for a similar project.

Good luck to him, I have nothing against him or Shrewsbury.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I realise that many City fans see SC as some kind of messiah but I was never really impressed with him. I didn’t shed any tears when he got sacked.

I don’t think many did but are you saying you were ‘never really impressed with him’ when he walked us to the league one title playing some cracking offensive football? Lower your standards if thats the case 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I realise that many City fans see SC as some kind of messiah but I was never really impressed with him. I didn’t shed any tears when he got sacked.

I didn’t really see him as that but I do have a massive amount of respect for what he achieved here. I just think looking at his CV, Shrewsbury could do a lot worse. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about him.

99 points in a season, first title in 60 years, not exactly Danny Wilson, was he?

• Like 7
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Christ alive! What on earth would impress you?  Apart from the OS.....

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about him.

99 points in a season, first title in 60 years, not exactly Danny Wilson, was he?

Simply and well put Graham

The football we played under SC was scintillating , 

Only time in my lifetime we’ve won anything or done anything with real aplomb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • phantom changed the title to Job for Cotts - Finally !