IGNORED

How poor is the shop now.

1960maaan

At a time where the club could do with any funds coming in, the more varied the better, I see to celebrate Christmas we have one solitary single item. We have an Elf. A few years ago we did jumpers, which were generic with a Deer and just a club badge. Now with our nickname being the Robins, and Robins being linked to Christmas , it's a shame we couldn't come up with a link between the 2. Didn't matter anyway, they sold out quickly and never got restocked. 

Serious question, do we have anyone in charge of the shop? Or is it just people working the tills and the club just sit back and not worry. I've seen baubles on eBay with the City crest, yet the club just doesn't bother. Had a quick look on Everton's shop page, they have 3 Xmas jumpers, admittedly not much else, but it's something (I looked at them as they are with Hummel as well. I really think the club are missing a trick, yeah they have a couple nice Tee shirts , but it's like they're going through the motions with the minimum amount of effort.
Anyway any over, and here's an Elf.

643076386_Screenshot2020-11-27at15_43_39.png.112f85ddec01f24fa8f06dd1a7273200.png

Have to say I like the figures that Everton do, another thing City don't do.

1907709803_Screenshot2020-11-27at15_35_24.png.9f58a3fc397156423bc14d1c833e8e72.png

I think part of the reason for the big down turn in quality & quantity from the club store now is because everything is changed every season! Why they couldn’t do as you suggest & embark on making a link between a Robin & Christmas & then just sell the same items year on year or refresh it after say 5 years I don’t understand. There is no need for anyone to want to buy a new Christmas jumper every year, they could stock more than enough in the knowledge that they would also be sold for a few years to come, similarly to winter hats, scarves, gloves & club stuff in general but it seems like clubs are now in to fleecing supporters every year by just changing a stripe or adding a little something here or there & then they order so few because they don’t want to get stuck with dead stock because of the newly designed different stripe, that they order enough to stock the shop for a month & then anyone else can go & whistle if they actually want something wintery to wear at winter time!

Never had this greed back before it became fashionable to change kits every year but there are t-shirts, jackets & sweaters etc that all only have the club badge on (so no sponsorship to be changed) that could be stocked & sold for a couple of seasons but nope, that would be unacceptable!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

At a time where the club could do with any funds coming in, the more varied the better, I see to celebrate Christmas we have one solitary single item. We have an Elf. A few years ago we did jumpers, which were generic with a Deer and just a club badge. Now with our nickname being the Robins, and Robins being linked to Christmas , it's a shame we couldn't come up with a link between the 2. Didn't matter anyway, they sold out quickly and never got restocked. 

Serious question, do we have anyone in charge of the shop? Or is it just people working the tills and the club just sit back and not worry. I've seen baubles on eBay with the City crest, yet the club just doesn't bother. Had a quick look on Everton's shop page, they have 3 Xmas jumpers, admittedly not much else, but it's something (I looked at them as they are with Hummel as well. I really think the club are missing a trick, yeah they have a couple nice Tee shirts , but it's like they're going through the motions with the minimum amount of effort.

643076386_Screenshot2020-11-27at15_43_39.png.112f85ddec01f24fa8f06dd1a7273200.png

1907709803_Screenshot2020-11-27at15_35_24.png.9f58a3fc397156423bc14d1c833e8e72.png

Have to point out Mike that Elves are ‘in this year’ - trending worldwide (Think Cabbage Patch Kids)

??

As for the Everton figures - Surprised you cant remember exactly these coming free in Cereal in 70s - They were excellent (May have been the 70 WC Squad - I can remember I had Banks and Hurst amongst others)

** Ahhhhhhh ..... Cereal in those days was requested by the bit of plastic creation that came with it rather than cereal

If it was fried Owl Droppings it was requested if it had some football stickers shoved in with it !

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Have to point out Mike that Elves are ‘in this year’ - trending worldwide

I doubt I ever have been, or ever will be "in" so easy for me to miss. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll get the wife one ?

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Pickfords should have a ball and chain and/or a blindfold!

@1960maaan completely agree the range of items in our club shop is poor in comparison to so many other clubs at out our level. As a father of a one year old the options for a gift / toy are extremely poor (my options consist of a sleepsuit, a teddy and a plastic duck!). I can’t understand why the club haven’t looked into this as a revenue stream. Hopefully this is something the club will look into in the future but as you say the selection available has been limited for a while.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Mike, you have to remember that the National Elf Service has taken a pounding as a result of Covid. Excuse me, taxi!!!

20 minutes ago, daored said:

@1960maaan completely agree the range of items in our club shop is poor in comparison to so many other clubs at out our level. As a father of a one year old the options for a gift / toy are extremely poor (my options consist of a sleepsuit, a teddy and a plastic duck!). I can’t understand why the club haven’t looked into this as a revenue stream. Hopefully this is something the club will look into in the future but as you say the selection available has been limited for a while.

When the shop was on the corner between the old Grand Stand (sorry Williams - showing my age) and Atyeo the range in items and cost was pretty good.

Items ranged from shirts, tee-shirts, tracksuits, coats, jackets and almost any kit - with most sizes in stock all season.  In addition accessories were great - scarves, key rings, playing cards, ties and literally numerous other items which suited many budgets and demand - I even still have a golf Driver head cover - which could really do with replacing as it’s seen better days!!

Since the shop moved to its present venue, and we tried to cover all the teams under the Bristol Sport umbrella both the quality and options have been sadly lacking.

Not sure if this is down to a poor marketing team, or just a lack of interest in providing a quality shop the fans would really appreciate!

3 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

When the shop was on the corner between the old Grand Stand (sorry Williams - showing my age) and Atyeo the range in items and cost was pretty good.

Items ranged from shirts, tee-shirts, tracksuits, coats, jackets and almost any kit - with most sizes in stock all season.  In addition accessories were great - scarves, key rings, playing cards, ties and literally numerous other items which suited many budgets and demand - I even still have a golf Driver head cover - which could really do with replacing as it’s seen better days!!

Since the shop moved to its present venue, and we tried to cover all the teams under the Bristol Sport umbrella both the quality and options have been sadly lacking.

Not sure if this is down to a poor marketing team, or just a lack of interest in providing a quality shop the fans would really appreciate!

I remember having a City tie when you had to wear a tie to work. Remember those days!

Archived