IGNORED

Army to take over Ashton Gate for Bristol's mass coronavirus vaccination programme

sh1t_ref_again

35 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Story in Bristol live, South Stand concourse to vaccinate 110k people per week

Love the blue few desperate to get to AG

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/army-take-over-ashton-gate-4744075?fbclid=IwAR1LtV12K_Tg8nU980lRMO4sEaQxuTAJpkjojuyWF1G9bP473v58jVEQrpg

Wait a minute, the Gas have had more than locked out on a matchday in their Car Park

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

That just over 15k a day.

How will the fewers cope with seeing crowds of that number? 

They`ll all be stood in the car park assuming it`s a sell out like they always do. Perhaps the army should erect a tent out there to vaccinate any s*gs that turn up - make them feel a bit more at home and not so nervous about things. It would also stop them from infecting the normal people inside the stadium too so win-win.

On 27/11/2020 at 19:25, sh1t_ref_again said:

Story in Bristol live, South Stand concourse to vaccinate 110k people per week

Love the blue few desperate to get to AG

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/army-take-over-ashton-gate-4744075?fbclid=IwAR1LtV12K_Tg8nU980lRMO4sEaQxuTAJpkjojuyWF1G9bP473v58jVEQrpg

But the vaccine hasn't been approved by regulators just yet. Seems all a bit premature to me.

7 minutes ago, fairweather said:

Hopefully this will highlight the need for better public transport systems and the importance of Ashton Gate to the city

well done the club

Agreed. Hopefully they can organise this so there is no major gridlock, or parking problems. Maybe utilising the City Park & Rides and laying on extra (Metro) buses.

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If you've gotta fill in a questionnaire about how you got there, put down Parsons Street ?

In years to come, when historians trace the source of the great pandemic, they’ll establish that NTTDS planted that pangolin as a master plot to increase traffic to Parson Street 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

And then '..... But I would have taken a train to a station right next to Ashton Gate .... IF ONE EXISTED!'

There is a stop pretty close to the raised section of track. Granted it is not at the stadium but it is only a 5 minute walk away.

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Hopefully a few of our players can put out some free appeals for people to be vaccinated rathet than the NHS idea of sifting through a mass of celebrities prepared to be paid some of their scarce resources for a two minute gig?

Why? 
If people want to get a vaccine, they’ll get a vaccine. Why should our football players be used to encourage them to do so. 

*and before anyone jumps to any conclusions - no, I’m not an anti-vaxxer!! I just don’t see why footballers need to be involved. 

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

But the vaccine hasn't been approved by regulators just yet. Seems all a bit premature to me.

Guess they have to work on the assumption it will pass, rather than delay and lose time. I worked out its about 20 people a minute which can easily be managed in terms of the injections, but cannot work out how they will get that number of people in and out of the car park, and you can't bus them in.

Archived