IGNORED

Army to take over Ashton Gate for Bristol's mass coronavirus vaccination programme

sh1t_ref_again

Interesting to read today that while the new Covid vaccine will stop you getting sick from the virus that it won't stop you being infected and being able to transmit to others. Does this mean you can be vaccinated and still need to quarantine if you test positive ?

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Interesting to read today that while the new Covid vaccine will stop you getting sick from the virus that it won't stop you being infected and being able to transmit to others. Does this mean you can be vaccinated and still need to quarantine if you test positive ?

I’d imagine until all the at risk groups are vaccinated, then yes. Once they’ve gone through them it’ll be less of a risk while they’ll probably continue to vaccinate the rest of the population 

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’d imagine until all the at risk groups are vaccinated, then yes. Once they’ve gone through them it’ll be less of a risk while they’ll probably continue to vaccinate the rest of the population 

That's going to take a good chunk of time. In the meantime the vaccination (whilst essential) will not mean you can travel etc anymore than you can now. 

My Mum in Australia is currently in palliative care for her cancer. I could have the vaccine (and will when available) but it doesn't mean I can grab the next plane for a visit. Restrictions will remain for a good while and I'm not sure people realise this. The end is not as near as we think.

Archived