IGNORED

Ben Foster’s YouTube channel

Alessandro

8 hours ago, Coppello said:

It’s quite interesting seeing Wells’ reaction to Taylor Moore’s slice in the last second of the game!

Doesn’t strike me as the reaction of ‘someone who doesn’t want to be here’ if he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t be bothered about the results!

Always thought that was a nonsense comment from many posters. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Quite interesting, not sure how I’d feel about one of my team mates being that worried about his camera in the build up and during a game? Ok when you’re winning maybe but not if he starts making howlers.

I thought the crowd noise was played into the stadium, I guess not?

Yeah the crowd noise must be pumped straight into RobinsTV then I guess? I’ve seen a clip of the guy with his sound mixer doing it but thought it went out into the stadium too.

33 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yeah the crowd noise must be pumped straight into RobinsTV then I guess? I’ve seen a clip of the guy with his sound mixer doing it but thought it went out into the stadium too.

So did I..! 

That must make playing St the moment even more unusual and difficult for the players. 

Goes to show the level of professionalism needed, because you really wouldn't know from lack of effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Quite interesting, not sure how I’d feel about one of my team mates being that worried about his camera in the build up and during a game? Ok when you’re winning maybe but not if he starts making howlers.

@View from the Dolman said it was.  I need to know who is playing the Paterson song over and over!!

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I thought it was put through the stadium too maybe Sky do it differently ?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So did I..! 

That must make playing St the moment even more unusual and difficult for the players. 

Goes to show the level of professionalism needed, because you really wouldn't know from lack of effort. 

I actually think that’s going under the radar a little. I know people say they’re professionals they should be able to adapt etc but once you’ve scored in front of a crowd it’s a whole different experience to do it in an empty ground. The atmosphere probably gives a lot of players the buzz and a bit of an edge too.

I guess on the flip side it allows some players to express themselves more and less nerves 

• Like 1

Things have taken off for him  a bit since this was posted. 

Also got the 'Fozcast' now.

I notice a lot of watford fans really werent happy about him doing all this as they fought relegation but on the other hand is it so bad he has this interest outside of football? It's better than being out on the town every night or playing xbox til 3am.

Some pretty interesting insights into what goes on behind the scenes ,a LOT of money gets spent by football clubs doesnt it.  Hotels , great coaches,  planes the night before etc etc 

We wont be signing him but if we did would we all be ok with him posting and vlogging win, lose or draw?

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Things have taken off for him  a bit since this was posted. 

Also got the 'Fozcast' now.

I notice a lot of watford fans really werent happy about him doing all this as they fought relegation but on the other hand is it so bad he has this interest outside of football? It's better than being out on the town every night or playing xbox til 3am.

Some pretty interesting insights into what goes on behind the scenes ,a LOT of money gets spent by football clubs doesnt it.  Hotels , great coaches,  planes the night before etc etc 

We wont be signing him but if we did would we all be ok with him posting and vlogging win, lose or draw?

I think it's great to see Foster work with other You Tubers to create content, as well as the more specific insight into elite level football you mentioned. He's bonkers but seems really likeable.

Re the bottom question, I think people criticising Foster for any vlogging after a defeat need to remember footballers are human. If you or I had a tough day at work making time for a hobby in the evening could make the prospect of the next day's work a lot brighter. I'm sure footballer's are no different and Foster filming behind the scenes stuff and his own hobbies (regardless of result) in itself helps reiterate footballers are as human as the rest of us.

Edit - I've seen some of Foster's You Tube videos but not listened to his podcast. Any good?

Edited by CheddarReds

10 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

I think it's great to see Foster work with other You Tubers to create content, as well as the more specific insight into elite level football you mentioned. He's bonkers but seems really likeable.

Re the bottom question, I think people criticising Foster for any vlogging after a defeat need to remember footballers are human. If you or I had a tough day at work making time for a hobby in the evening could make the prospect of the next day's work a lot brighter. I'm sure footballer's are no different and Foster filming behind the scenes stuff and his own hobbies (regardless of result) in itself helps reiterate footballers are as human as the rest of us.

Edit - I've seen some of Foster's You Tube videos but not listened to his podcast. Any good?

Yeah I think it is. There are quite a few with youtubers which arent really for me but some good ones with footballers and with foster himself about different elements of his career. 

I dont really have a problem with it althoguh I guess when your team gets relegated so woefully it doesnt come across great .

Ultimately (as foster says) a football club is a place of work so why shouldn't he have some interests outside .

• Like 1