IGNORED

Fammy

Desso

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was surprised to see him start.

Was even more surprised that he wasn't the first off ie Martin for Diedhiou at 0-0.

We were under the cosh and increasingly so, in that situation and away from home, an out ball or a pivot is essential.

Martin does this much better than Diedhiou.

Martin did nothing better than Fam when he came on and got the benefit of a formation change to boot. We were much better in 433 with the ball and Martin did nothing. Think what it shows is that unathletic forwards are a thing of the past. Keep one as a late game option and do away with the other. Too slow for the division. 

I’ve always felt with Fam that he doesn’t trust his fitness levels. He only plays well when he’s fully going for it, which we occasionally see if he comes off the bench with 10 mins to go or we start seeing it once he’s made about 10 starts in a row and becomes fully match fit.  Think he’s naturally not the fittest and he knows it. 

Thing is no knee jerk reactions.  

That performance  is why debates will rage re Fam till hell freezes over.

There are simply to many performances of that nature, he was not a threat in the least, and to be honest a bit of a stroll in the park for Reading defenders.  And when you look at the touch, movement and pace with power of that Reading attack... On the day they deserved the points. They had a mini bad run, happens to all. Onwards to QPR, Made for WELLS to start. 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Martin did nothing better than Fam when he came on and got the benefit of a formation change to boot. We were much better in 433 with the ball and Martin did nothing. Think what it shows is that unathletic forwards are a thing of the past. Keep one as a late game option and do away with the other. Too slow for the division. 

Think he held it up better. Might add, it was a 4-3-3 but not a natural one. Semenyo can pull wide but Wells pulling left? Not so much.

It's 3 strikers but without a more naturally wide player on the left, can leave us exposed in wide areas on the break.

I wonder about whether with current personnel available could be Semenyo-Martin or Wells-Paterson, maybe able to help in 2 v 1 on transition.

I’ve always watched him and thought if I was a Championship Manager would I sign him

The answer ‘Not unless I can improve him’ always my thought

And I don’t believe he’s improved much since he’s been here

Likeable guy and a very decent one by all accounts

Puts in the odd performance or moment when you begin to hope......

But not for me I’m afraid , and that’s not based on today 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was surprised to see him start.

Was even more surprised that he wasn't the first off ie Martin for Diedhiou at 0-0.

We were under the cosh and increasingly so, in that situation and away from home, an out ball or a pivot is essential.

Martin does this much better than Diedhiou.

I felt the game was crying out for a proactive change at HT or early second half. Fam off was one of them. The game was slipping away from us.

Unfortunately it was a reactive change after they'd scored and we were set up to lose from that point.

Reading could just sit, happy to let us buzz around in front of them and exploit us on the break, which they did to perfection. You saw us looking dodgy on the break with 3 at the back, it would only be worse with 2 and us chasing the game, and that's exactly what happened.

Think the coaching staff got this one wrong today.

6 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Movement intensity lacked both. And his touch will never make up for it. Doesn’t seem to be improving and no sign of players signed striking up a partnership with him. Same story as seasons before.

If he doesn’t sign a contract it’s gonna look bad for a player we spent £5.3m on to leave for nothing.

Personally I think we could improve our forward line with a different type of striker to compliment the others.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If he doesn’t sign a contract it’s gonna look bad for a player we spent £5.3m on to leave for nothing.

Personally I think we could improve our forward line with a different type of striker to compliment the others.

Obviously he’s injured but I’ve always thought Weimann was a great foil when up top in a 2. Seems easy to play alongside and creates chances for others from his press. 

6 minutes ago, SBB said:

Obviously he’s injured but I’ve always thought Weimann was a great foil when up top in a 2. Seems easy to play alongside and creates chances for others from his press. 

Weimann just doesnt get enough goals as a striker.but then again, martin and fam have one each in the league. Semenyo has none and wells is now on 4/5 and contributes not a lot unless hes scoring. But still, holden is getting as much out of the squad as he has any right to at this point.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Fam was very poor today. When he’s bad, his touch is extreme!! 
However, he’s been pretty decent over the last year or so, so probably a fair bit of unwarranted schtick today. 

100%.

I’m a fan but he was poor today.

Some of the haters are insane, his record at this level is better than Assambalonga..

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Some of the haters are insane, his record at this level is better than Assambalonga..

This expression often used, Haters, is simply wrong.   I know it’s a ‘term’ used, and pulling your leg a bit, but I do not hate him at all. The way he beats the badge and engages the fans, is simply not enough. He has to be more consistent and in truth that is why his pitch time  this season has been limited. There are so many strikers at championship level streets ahead of Fam. 
That said, when he crosses the line at kick off, you get behind him. 
let’s hope he comes good.

We should probably remember that he was our player of the season last year. Fammy suffers much more than many in terms of hatred dished out... although I accept he’s was horse shit today.

Save your hate. Save it for Jamie Paterson*

*and even if he scores hat tricks in the next 4 games, I’d still rather get rid of him on a free than keep him. 

Archived