IGNORED

Fammy

Desso

32 minutes ago, SBB said:

Obviously he’s injured but I’ve always thought Weimann was a great foil when up top in a 2. Seems easy to play alongside and creates chances for others from his press. 

Do you mean Weimann was a good foil for Diedhiou, or Weimann is a good foil for other strikers?

I never thought him or Fam ever struck up a partnership.  In fact I don’t think I’ve seen Fam really build a partnership with anyone since he’s been here.  Even Reid where although both contributed goals I didn’t see much by way of what I expect from a typical pairing.

We never saw enough of Diedhiou / M.Taylor or Diedhiou / Djuric, but I think Fam might suit playing with a target man, where he’s not the target and he can play of the less physical marker.

I just expect more from him.  If I was manager he’d frustrate me massively.  If I was manager I would’ve tried to move him on last season (not when his contract reached 12 months / now a month before he can talk to other clubs)....and I’d be prepared to accept I’d got it wrong, because he was on my list ahead of him signing in summer of 2017.  But then again, I wouldn’t have played him in the role LJ gave him.

I like the bloke, a great character off the pitch....but I want my players to perform on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We should probably remember that he was our player of the season last year. Fammy suffers much more than many in terms of hatred dished out... although I accept he’s was horse shit today.

Save your hate. Save it for Jamie Paterson*

*and even if he scores hat tricks in the next 4 games, I’d still rather get rid of him on a free than keep him. 

I didn’t vote....I don’t think anyone stood out across the whole season.

I thought we had turned a corner at one point last season with DIedhiou where he looked to have improved immensely. I think it was around the time he played a few games and scored a hat trick for Senegal. He came back a different player, much more movement and a good touch, at times unplayable for defenders. But it didn't last too long unfortunately and he was soon back to the ball bouncing off him and being immobile. 

Yes, he's good for a goal now and then and he took the goal against Watford very well (I really was expecting him to pump it over the bar or wide tbh as thats the expectation I have of him unfortunately).

It could be said that the Diedhiou we have isn't the Diedhiou we signed - I don't think he's ever been a target man before coming here and, looking at vids, was much more direct, collecting the ball short and running at defences instead of playing with his back to goal and to be fair, he has shown that in glimpses.

But today was probably the worst I've seen him, he was nowhere near the standard required and looked clumsy, shocking first touch for a professional, and generally did **** all for all the time on the pitch. Nowhere near good enough for a game at this level.

Nice bloke who you can't help warming to, but I don't want to see him starting a game unless we are desperate, give Semenyo, Wells, and Martin the starts in any combination of the three.

We didn’t see a similar thread for Martin after his non existent performance last week where Famara had to come on and save the day.

He wasn’t great today, but he’s been out of the side and takes a few matches to get his sharpness every season. 

POTS last year remember. Short memories.

10 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

We didn’t see a similar thread for Martin after his non existent performance last week where Famara had to come on and save the day.

He wasn’t great today, but he’s been out of the side and takes a few matches to get his sharpness every season. 

Well said. I agree and I do like the guy, but even I have to admit he had an absolute stinker today. 

57 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Poor player simple as that.... Stealing a living at this level!!

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You didn’t vote so it doesn’t count Dave? You’re as bad as Trump! ? 

I hear there was MASSIVE FRAUD in the vote as well. MASSIVE FRAUD. It was all done ON-LINE! ON-LINE!! What's that all about? Sleepy Joe's been very quiet on this. VERY QUIET!!

Has played best when we get consistent crosses into him from wide areas, when he's got time to get into the box, either from the crosser getting to the byline or secondary phases of play.

We haven't done that very often, and we just put him into the two, rather than the three. I made that point when talking about the victims of the system and then we immediately shoved him into a 2, and it's looked awful. Semenyo was great out wide, and yet we're making him spend more time in the middle, which hurts both him and Fam. If people don't believe in rigid systems, fine, but the systems dictate where players spend time generally and anything that removes time away from a player operating in their effective areas is detrimental IMO.

Fam wins headers. so put him into an area where those headers matter. Yes the central goal areas defensively, but not mid way into their half offensively. It's pointless. Put players in a position to use their USPs as LJ would say but wouldn't do.

I'd go so far as to say a deal has already been agreed for him to go to another club in the next window.

He looks like a player who is off.

Been a decent servant for us, so much of this criticism is unfair.

For £5m - 13, 14, 14 goals in the championship has been a fair return - plus he's saved a few as well.

If he is off (and I'm 99% certain) - I for one, will wish him well.

6 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I'd go so far as to say a deal has already been agreed for him to go to another club in the next window.

For £5m - 13, 14, 14 goals in the championship has been a fair return - plus he's saved a few as well.

Sorry 

You think if he goes on a free , with his fee and wages will have been ‘good value’ ??

Not for me 

Somewhere around £200k a goal.......... 

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Where did I write 'on a free'?

Unbunch your panties and read before you have a hissy fit.

Jeez.

1963756138_Thunberggif.gif.474dda194260e4223b69f095f84e64a8.gif

Hissy fit ?

Apoears you can’t cope with a disagreement to the post you made.

(The meme suits you btw)

No hissy fit - Just simple common sense 

So you think we will find a buyer and sell him in January ?

(January when he can sign a Pre contract abroad ? So he and any interested Club holds the cards)

Out of interest ? What fee are you expecting , if we can find a buyer, (during CoVid) ,  in January, when Clubs can take him for free  in June

5 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Decent player and on the whole I am a fan.

However, that first half 45 mins from him was possibly one of the most inept centre-forward displays I have ever seen. His touch was abysmal, won nothing in the air and offered no or little out-ball for his team-mates.

It was that bad.

It’s was shocking!

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I don’t think anyone wouldn’t wish him well, he’s been a likeable character here.

Decent goals record for a top half team in his time here, but I can’t help thinking we should’ve got more out of him.  Too many games like yesterday for me.  Too much focus on his ability at defending corners which Chris Martin has done equally as well with little fanfare!

If Wells scores 13. 14, 14 at the same rate fans would be questioning “is that enough when that’s all he gives you”? (I think Wells offers more than goals but that’s a different debate) And I’d ask the same for Fam, what else do we get bar his goals?

Personally, despite the financial loss, I’d take the hit and look to find a striker that fits our team better.  In the current market I think you could pick up the right player for the right price.

I wouldn’t be offering a lucrative 2/3 year contract on a player that isn’t first choice, unless Holden has a plan to play him differently.  But then again, I wouldn’t have let his contract get to this stage either.  I know it’s not easy to move a player on in the current climate.

Id love to know whether the contract offer on the table is higher wages than he’s currently on.  Most people would say “of course it will be”, and I understand that, but we are in a different world during COVID.  If the Dijon offer was genuine and he couldn’t agree terms it suggests he’s hanging out for money....and I wouldn’t be spending it on him.

Archived