IGNORED

Possible solutions .....

Redtrojan

Ok , so thirty minute break then going to watch Bristol Bears on bt sport.

Now hopes are high that they will perform far better,although never know as missing lots of players due to international commitments.

What is the difference-well the bears headhunted a top manager /coach with an established track record.He was supported financially in bringing in fast,skillful ,physically large and powerful players to play the game he wanted to play.

Bristol bears have just had one of their most successful seasons ever within 3 years of the above happening.

They also play the most entertaining rugby in the premiership.

I appreciate translating the above to championship football may be a little simplistic.

But over the years at City  we don’t half make  it look hard.Never in the premiership,four years in the top flight in god knows how many years.We clearly haven’t really ever got it right .

Surely we don’t have to look too far to see how to become successful.

I hope are good league position ,and returning players enable us to compete at the right end of the table,but the last few games have been very disappointing.If this season peters out ,I hope we have a good look at what are neighbours are doing.

1 hour ago, Redtrojan said:

Oh ok ,let’s just carry on what we’ve been doing as it’s all been great.

1. In football terms we are never going to be able to attract one of the best coaches in the world, as the Bears have done.

2. Spending the football equivalent of the amount the Bears have spent would lead to a significant breach of FFP, if not actual financial meltdown.

The comparison doesn't work. Compare with similar size football clubs and you might have a point though.

We attracted Coppell ( I know didn’t workout)and supposedly reasonably high profile guys with an established track record applied this time (clearly we’re not going to attract the super elite managers).

I really hope DH works out ,I don’t want him out .

But if things don’t pan out we have got to do something different as we are such a massively underachieving club ,for goodness sake ,Swindon and Blackpool have both got to the premiership before us .

I fortunately was old enough to remember those 4 seasons at the top table in the 70’s I suspect a great many on here have never been lucky enough to witness that.

Just now, Redtrojan said:

We attracted Coppell ( I know didn’t workout)and supposedly reasonably high profile guys with an established track record applied this time (clearly we’re not going to attract the super elite managers).

I really hope DH works out ,I don’t want him out .

But if things don’t pan out we have got to do something different as we are such a massively underachieving club ,for goodness sake ,Swindon and Blackpool have both got to the premiership before us .

I fortunately was old enough to remember those 4 seasons at the top table in the 70’s I suspect a great many on here have never been lucky enough to witness that.

I’d blame our recruitment over the years (And decades) for failing to progress , more than anything , personally

Obviously Managers and Head Coaches have to take a major part of the blame in this 

7 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

Ok , so thirty minute break then going to watch Bristol Bears on bt sport.

Now hopes are high that they will perform far better,although never know as missing lots of players due to international commitments.

What is the difference-well the bears headhunted a top manager /coach with an established track record.He was supported financially in bringing in fast,skillful ,physically large and powerful players to play the game he wanted to play.

Bristol bears have just had one of their most successful seasons ever within 3 years of the above happening.

They also play the most entertaining rugby in the premiership.

I appreciate translating the above to championship football may be a little simplistic.

But over the years at City  we don’t half make  it look hard.Never in the premiership, four years in the top flight in god knows how many years.We clearly haven’t really ever got it right .

Surely we don’t have to look too far to see how to become successful.

I hope are good league position ,and returning players enable us to compete at the right end of the table,but the last few games have been very disappointing.If this season peters out ,I hope we have a good look at what are neighbours are doing.

Nine actually. And runners up in the top flight. And got to an FA Cup Final. Although yes I take your point.

Going off at a tangent, what is the strategy with the women’s team? If Bristol Bears are competitive due to lack of competition and financial constraints, then I wonder what the Lansdown strategy is for BCWFC? Clearly we are are not competitive with the big clubs who are spending a lot of money. Do they have any form of FFP? Have we simply decided not to throw money at it and compete? Or is money not the issue?

Archived