IGNORED

Jurgen Klopp

Red Army 75

No it isn’t refreshing. He has become increasingly frustrated he and Liverpool aren’t getting their way. Boo hoo we played a champions league game on Wednesday and now have to play early Saturday. No who else had to do that this week? Bristol City. Didn’t hear Dean Holden moan about it to sky. Jurgen Klopp is sulky because Liverpool’s luck has run out. Tbh tired of all the “big” clubs and their excuses and rants about how hard it is. You win games you go and play more. That is how it is. BT pays billions to broadcast EPL matches so if their slot is half 12 on Saturday don’t be a good team that people want to see. It is really that simple. 

So he wants the massive revenue from BT Sport [and Sky], which enables him to sign the best players in many positions ie Centre Back, Goalkeeper, Strikers.

But then he doesn't want the broadcasters to generate revenue by showing the games that those millions enabled.

For once the broadcaster is right - The Premier League are wholly responsible - it is their greed that created the situation.

I wonder if in an alternate universe, where this league couldn't afford the best players, he would even consider staying at Liverpool?

Personally I don’t have huge amount of sympathy for Prem TV slots, the reason the Prem has so much money is because they are whores to the TV cash, not just domestically but internationally too.

I do have sympathy for the 5 subs argument though. Short break and pre-season, no real break for the players, pointless international fixtures, and a relentless Tues/Wed/Sat/Sun schedule. You are risking injury and burnout.

yes and I get the well paid argument and they’re prima donnas compared to NHS workers etc. But it feels pretty relentless of late.

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No it isn’t refreshing. He has become increasingly frustrated he and Liverpool aren’t getting their way. Boo hoo we played a champions league game on Wednesday and now have to play early Saturday. No who else had to do that this week? Bristol City. Didn’t hear Dean Holden moan about it to sky. Jurgen Klopp is sulky because Liverpool’s luck has run out. Tbh tired of all the “big” clubs and their excuses and rants about how hard it is. You win games you go and play more. That is how it is. BT pays billions to broadcast EPL matches so if their slot is half 12 on Saturday don’t be a good team that people want to see. It is really that simple. 

You really didnt listen to what he said..

It was a fascinating watch, and Klopp blamed the schedule on media and Des wasn't having that...big time. Well done BY for not cowering down and sticking to your guns. However Klopp has a point with the Wednesday Europe matches, and then a 12.30 Saturday game, players will suffer muscle injuries, and Klopp has had more than most. 

Fixtures are too crowded in a shortened season something should have been done, no doubt about that.

2 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

It was a fascinating watch, and Klopp blamed the schedule on media and Des wasn't having that...big time. Well done BY for not cowering down and sticking to your guns. However Klopp has a point with the Wednesday Europe matches, and then a 12.30 Saturday game, players will suffer muscle injuries, and Klopp has had more than most. 

Fixtures are too crowded in a shortened season something should have been done, no doubt about that.

BT not BY.

I back Jurgen’s point on this, there isn’t a need for the teams who play Wednesday to play 12:30 on Saturday when all games are now televised. The broadcasters have brought it up today to say it’s not our fault the clubs agreed to pick that 12:30 slot so it’s your fault. As Klopp says it needs 14 to approve a change, good luck finding 8 teams happy to help the top 6. However it is the broadcasters as they choose which fixture goes into which slot, Everton v Leeds and Sheffield Utd v West Brom are on sky next, why not simply schedule one of those games at 12:30 and Liverpool later avoid the issue completely? As others have said, pretty sure some other countries Wednesday European teams don’t play early Saturday. 

17 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

What fascinating interview and despite English not being Klopps first language he got his points over really well. 
Des was pretty good as well.........

Football traditionally was a 3pm Saturday ko, so he is moaning about kicking off 2.5 hours early .
Premier league managers want everything their own way.

It would suit me perfectly if there was no tv football and every game kicked off at 3pm Saturday afternoon.

I would love to see what would happen if they took away all their tv money.

42 minutes ago, Super said:

You really didnt listen to what he said..

I heard enough of it to add to the moaning he and ole and pep have been doing these past few weeks. He wants things to suit him when he wants. Wah we don’t have 5 subs but when they played man city they both made 1 each. They are childish and I am tired if all of them

Personally find him rude & arrogant. The reporter is there to ask questions & im glad to see the reporter stand his ground. As has been said, he doesn’t utilise the three subs he has got. His club ( I believe his CEO ) agreed to the scheduling, the tv companies then bid for those slots is my understanding of it. Originally liked Jurgen, but I’m quickly going off him. COYR

15 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Personally find him rude & arrogant. The reporter is there to ask questions & im glad to see the reporter stand his ground. As has been said, he doesn’t utilise the three subs he has got. His club ( I believe his CEO ) agreed to the scheduling, the tv companies then bid for those slots is my understanding of it. Originally liked Jurgen, but I’m quickly going off him. COYR

He’s not used 3 subs in 2 league games this season in which he made 2. The Liverpool CEO simply agreed there would be a 12:30 kick off time, it’s broadcasters who then put particular fixtures in those slots. 

Really it should be a case that the teams who play Wednesday shouldn’t play the 12:30 game on a Saturday (especially if you’re away to side with Ole’s point) as everything should be done to aid player recovery this season. It’s not just ‘playing a few hours later’ it’s the potential opportunity of a few hours less sleep it allows the players to get as the body recovers best naturally when sleeping. 

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

So he wants the massive revenue from BT Sport [and Sky], which enables him to sign the best players in many positions ie Centre Back, Goalkeeper, Strikers.

But then he doesn't want the broadcasters to generate revenue by showing the games that those millions enabled.

For once the broadcaster is right - The Premier League are wholly responsible - it is their greed that created the situation.

I wonder if in an alternate universe, where this league couldn't afford the best players, he would even consider staying at Liverpool?

Tough times he said,he will go out and spend another 20 + million on a defender,imagine him managing in the lower leagues where they don’t get the tv money and are playing 3 games a week,fair play to the other bloke for standing firm

24 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Reporter was City Fan Des Kelly

22 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Always liked him but he’s getting annoying now,bit like Jose,fresh air when they came in but moaning about everything now,who’s money bought dyke cuz it wasn’t Liverpool turn over for sure 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Always liked him but he’s getting annoying now,bit like Jose,fresh air when they came in but moaning about everything now,who’s money bought dyke cuz it wasn’t Liverpool turn over for sure 

I’m not surprised he’s annoyed, he clearly wants 5 subs, said he’d have subbed of Robertson today if he had more subs available. But the teams who aren’t in Europe won’t vote for it as what’s the benefit to them as they don’t have a massively condensed schedule. 

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I’m not surprised he’s annoyed, he clearly wants 5 subs, said he’d have subbed of Robertson today if he had more subs available. But the teams who aren’t in Europe won’t vote for it as what’s the benefit to them as they don’t have a massively condensed schedule. 

And yet he doesn’t even make 3 subs in most games 

Archived