IGNORED

Jurgen Klopp

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The people slagging managers off for complaining about the schedule will be the same ones moaning in the summer when the players look knackered during the Euros and the quality of football suffers as a result.

To be fair, it’s bad at any point you watch them. COYR 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The people slagging managers off for complaining about the schedule will be the same ones moaning in the summer when the players look knackered during the Euros and the quality of football suffers as a result.

Christ forgot about that,we got more defensive football to look forward to in the summer,it’s never ending suffering for English Bristol City supporters 

44 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yes last minutes winding down the clock if you look,that’s tactical and not looking after players otherwise you make the subs earlier 

So he makes more subs early and risks an injury later and having to play with 10 instead? 

53 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Or moaning about our performance today! We had a similar Weds Sat lunchtime schedule (plus lots of injuries)

31 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So he makes more subs early and risks an injury later and having to play with 10 instead? 

No you Make sensible subs like a manager has since the start of football,let’s not think klopp has to make changes to win a game very often so don’t give me he’s saving 2 subs in the last 10 minutes just in case someone gets injured  

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Something has to give I agree, we’ve got the Euros next summer and then the following year the World Cup. But ranting at a journalist isn’t the point - the clubs all want the revenue and champions league football. It’s easy if Klopp is that worried tell his club to refuse tv money and play every week on a Saturday & 3pm and decline entry to champions league 

Just watched Leeds, now i know there not playing in Europe. But what a joy to watch. Bielsa plays the same team week in week out,they must sprint more than any other team in the country and are a joy to watch.

Never made a change until the 85th minute, outplayed Everton made them look pedestrian.

OH and Luke Alying what a player he just gets better and better.

35 minutes ago, daored said:

Something has to give I agree, we’ve got the Euros next summer and then the following year the World Cup. But ranting at a journalist isn’t the point - the clubs all want the revenue and champions league football. It’s easy if Klopp is that worried tell his club to refuse tv money and play every week on a Saturday & 3pm and decline entry to champions league 

Klopp would be fine playing at 3pm as it is, he simply wants whichever teams play in the champions league on a Wednesday to not be involved in the Saturday 12:30 game as recovery time between the fixtures can be disruptive. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Klopp would be fine playing at 3pm as it is, he simply wants whichever teams play in the champions league on a Wednesday to not be involved in the Saturday 12:30 game as recovery time between the fixtures can be disruptive. 

How much difference does 2.5hrs make? I’ve genuinely no idea? 

Just now, Rob k said:

How much difference does 2.5hrs make? I’ve genuinely no idea? 

Its the potential for 2 1/2 hours extra sleep, the body recovers best when sleeping so ensuring players can get the max amount of rest and consistent nights sleep between games is very important, its why Tottenham built their pod at their training ground so players don't have to go home after arriving back late, however long the players would take to drive home/save time driving back in they get that much more sleep. Brentford have appointed a sleeping coach to ensure their players get maximum amount of rest etc. Do you feel much difference if you've had 6 hours sleep to 8 1/2 for example? I know I do.

40 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just watched Leeds, now i know there not playing in Europe. But what a joy to watch. Bielsa plays the same team week in week out,they must sprint more than any other team in the country and are a joy to watch.

Never made a change until the 85th minute, outplayed Everton made them look pedestrian.

OH and Luke Alying what a player he just gets better and better.

Let's see what state Leeds are in by March. If they're dead on their feet then it wouldn't be the first time with one of his sides.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No you Make sensible subs like a manager has since the start of football,let’s not think klopp has to make changes to win a game very often so don’t give me he’s saving 2 subs in the last 10 minutes just in case someone gets injured  

He's not saving 2 subs for the last 10 minutes, only 3 times has he used his 2nd sub on or after the 80th minute. The average minute he makes his second substitute is the 72nd minute, so yes he generally is only leaving 1 sub till late which is sensible and if he had 5 subs he probably would be using 2/3 early to rotate.... but wait people then moan that he has a better squad and can use more substitutes. For what its worth his average 1st sub time this season is 55 (60 if you take out Van Dijk's injury) and his average last sub is 85 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He's not saving 2 subs for the last 10 minutes, only 3 times has he used his 2nd sub on or after the 80th minute. The average minute he makes his second substitute is the 72nd minute, so yes he generally is only leaving 1 sub till late which is sensible and if he had 5 subs he probably would be using 2/3 early to rotate.... but wait people then moan that he has a better squad and can use more substitutes. For what its worth his average 1st sub time this season is 55 (60 if you take out Van Dijk's injury) and his average last sub is 85 minutes.

It’s only 10 games in mate,come the end of the season with 5 subs you honestly don’t think it would benefit clubs with superstars on the bench?

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s only 10 games in mate,come the end of the season with 5 subs you honestly don’t think it would benefit clubs with superstars on the bench?

I think its more important that players aren't risked physically because the smaller clubs want to gain an advantage, and full rotation of 25 players or not 5 subs helps ensure that which is why the EFL switched back to it, we're no different to PL really after their European games and we've swapped so why shouldn't the premier league? 

Archived