IGNORED

Player Ratings

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Fair enough, I can only assume that 5 is the mimimum mark that you give

No I gave the back 3 all zeros v Norwich, although I wasn’t being fair, was just angry. I’ve given 4 and 3s in the past, but I don’t think Pato was awful.  Just like I don’t give out easy 7s or 8s.  He created a few bits in a game where we created diddly squat so I give him a bit of credit for that.  I don’t do half marks.  I don’t think he was a 4. 6/10 is a player earning his corn.  He didn’t justify that today, but I don’t think he was a bad as many are saying.  But that’s the way I mark, and I use the same approach in every game, win, lose or draw.

Thats why Bents was an 8 my motm, and for me the only starter to play above average today for me was Rowe.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not only has he been out of the side but also had to contend with a positive COVID-19 test. 

Can anyone really expect him to come on and dictate the play ? 

Don’t forget he’s only nine . 

Came on in 87th minute too....not exactly easy to get up to the speed of the match either.  He had 8 minutes!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tough old afternoon:

Bentley: 8 kept us in the game (MOTM)

Vyner: 6 okay until we got stretched

Moore: 5 lucky boy not to see red

Rowe: 7 my pick of the outfield starters

Hunt: 5 bit sloppy today

O’Dowda: 6 bit “pretty” at times but ok

Nagy: 6 showed some nice touches to break the lines

Paterson: 5 quiet

Dasilva: 6 okay

Diedhiou: 5 not involved enough but little service

Semenyo: 5 not quite at it today

Subs:

Wells: looked really sharp and up for it - goal too

Martin: 6 brought a target

Brunt: 5 okay in ball, poor w/o it

Massengo: -

Edwards: -

Bentley 9 - Kept us in it

Hunt - 5 Nothing to pass forwards too

Vyner - 5 Positionally awful once we went to a 2, no idea what he was doing for 2nd goal 

Moore - 4 Worst of the lot, should have seen red

Rowe 6 - Done well, doing a job as one of the 3 CBs

JD 5 - Some nice bits but again not much to pass forward too

COD 6 - Huffs and Puffs but zero quality 

Nagy 6 - Done his job but legs went (no surprise)

Pato 4 - Bar the assist thought he was non existent 

Fammy 3 - Honestly the worst I’ve seen him, brought nothing and won nothing v Morrison 

Semenyo 6 - Not at his best but sparks of a real class player 

Imo Holden has to Chase the game going 433 but it opens the back up and my worry as always about Vyner and Moore was validated today, they cannot play together in a 2 

Thought Reading were fully deservent of the win and maybe it’s just a case of the covid catching up but reinforcements required of the treatment table 

Having had a think about it;

Bentley 8 (kept the score respectable)

Hunt 6 (up against some very good attackers but did ok)

Vyner 7 (aside from some early punts down the field conceding possession, looked the best defender)

Moore 5 (very nervy, put us under pressure on a couple of occasions)

Rowe 6 (playing out of position he did ok)

Dasilva 6 (as per Hunt, but not up to his own usual standard)

Paterson 5 (didn't do enough, went AWOL for large parts)

Nagy 7 (how does he keep going ? looked a bit tired late second half and faded a bit but pick of the midfield)

O dowda 6 (kept going all game, didn't hide always wanting the ball, no end product though)

Semenyo 5 (felt sorry for him next to Diedhiou who gave him no help at all, had a couple of runs when the formation changed)

Diedhiou 1 (for turning up)

1 minute ago, Gakoe said:

If the Google timeline is anything to go by it's not surprising! ?

Screenshot_20201129_103739_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

He actually came on ahead of the free-kick.  He even stood over the ball with Pato.  But Pato took it and we equalised.  So he didn’t come on at 1-1 he came on at 1-0 to Reading.  Immediate impact without touching the ball.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He actually came on ahead of the free-kick.  He even stood over the ball with Pato.  But Pato took it and we equalised.  So he didn’t come on at 1-1 he came on at 1-0 to Reading.  Immediate impact without touching the ball.

Fair enough Dave I don't disagree. I was referring to the photo accompanying his name. Seems to have been replaced by an Asian looking lady? 

17 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Nagy was my pick outfield, but wouldn’t raise his score, just reduce others. 

I agree with that, he hardly wasted a ball and was plugging holes all over. Was noticeable that holes started appearing once he was subbed.

We had a few that looked like it was one game too many, Pato , Semenyo and Hunt particularly.

Bents 9  Stopped an embarrassment

Hunt 5   Ineffective 

Vyner 6  Bit wobbly

Moore 2   Gave up

Rowe 5   Standard normal

Jay  5   As Hunt

CoD 4   Standard Ineffective

Nagy 6   Busy

Pato 2  Anonymous 

Fammy 2  Nothing

Semenyo 6 Tried

Wells 8  Controlled Aggression

Martin 4  Uncontrolled Aggression

Brunt 6 Adequate

Edwards 7 Bright

Can only play negative football for so long. We got exposed for what this ‘patched up’ team is in the second half yesterday. The one worry is the attack which should be our strongest card at the moment looked pretty weak, the positive was the glimpse of Edwards was promising. 

The conclusion is, you can put in the odd sub-5 performance once or twice a season in the Championship. Any more than that and serious questions need to be asked if we, as a Club, have a desire to get promoted. We have several who put  sub-5’s in this squad but have stuck around. What The management does with these players in January will be telling as to our short and long term future.  

9 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Can only play negative football for so long. We got exposed for what this ‘patched up’ team is in the second half yesterday. The one worry is the attack which should be our strongest card at the moment looked pretty weak, the positive was the glimpse of Edwards was promising. 

Most worrying is that our best attacking stats for the season include Paterson! Season on season shows occasional brilliance then hides for weeks - I don’t have a clue what’s with him, I get the feeling it’s lack of commitment, constantly feints at tackle but rarely gets stuck in and hides for most of the game, suddenly sparking when he sees a chance to dart forward unchallenged - Really hurts the team to have a key central player without the guts to get the job done and DH is making the same mistake as LJ in selecting him in the “hope” that he will perform.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Bents 9  Stopped an embarrassment

Hunt 5   Ineffective 

Vyner 6  Bit wobbly. decent until change of shape 

Moore 2   Gave up . Not good enough imo 

Rowe 5   Standard normal

Jay  5   As Hunt

CoD 4   Standard Ineffective

Nagy 6   Busy

Pato 2  Anonymous 

Fammy 2  Nothing

Semenyo 6 Tried

Wells 8  Controlled Aggression

Martin 4  Uncontrolled Aggression

Brunt 6 Adequate

Edwards 7 Bright

The conclusion is, you can put in the odd sub-5 performance once or twice a season in the Championship. Any more than that and serious questions need to be asked if we, as a Club, have a desire to get promoted. We have several who put  sub-5’s in this squad but have stuck around. What The management does with these players in January will be telling as to our short and long term future.  

Added my own thought to two players . The rest of it I agree 100%!

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Most worrying is that our best attacking stats for the season include Paterson! Season on season shows occasional brilliance then hides for weeks - I don’t have a clue what’s with him, I get the feeling it’s lack of commitment, constantly feints at tackle but rarely gets stuck in and hides for most of the game, suddenly sparking when he sees a chance to dart forward unchallenged - Really hurts the team to have a key central player without the guts to get the job done and DH is making the same mistake as LJ in selecting him in the “hope” that he will perform.

Pato the 'Great Pretender'........sometimes sublime but lacks consistency. Yesterday was a case in point, makes very little effort to make a decent tackle and track players and he was a complete luxury  which made it worse by the fact he played the whole game.

Archived