IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

First thing is I am not saying his not worth his place in team at the moment.When I said on here that I just don’t think he will make it as a striker I got pelters. He has had a few good games and I got reminded of my post. But I still stand by my option he won’t make a championship  striker. I said he won’t get 10 goals a season and I stand by that call. Wide in a front 3 yes but he still has to score at least 6 a season. If he can’t then for me then we find someone who can. O’Dowda should have been let go for the same reason 2 seasons ago. So if he ain’t a striker then Wells has to play as one of the front 3. If we play with a 2 then for me it’s Martin. Goals win you games and we have to find the right mix of players that in a attacking 3 who get 10 games plus a season. If we don’t then we wont progress to the next level. So for me it’s simple he plays but if he ain’t scoring then we try someone else. For me it’s a bit like Massengo we all want the youngsters to be the answer and we have to give them time but eventually you have to make a honest judgment. Some times it does not work out. Bakinson is now way ahead of him and that was in just 12 months. Time will tale. I know I will get questioned for this post. I am sure I will be reminded of this post if he starts  to score goals. Hopefully I will. But honestly ask yourself is he a championship striker?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Agree to all of this, he is far better wider and coming in. Not quite sure he is a traditional winger. I could definitely see him as being the sort of roaming forward player behind a front 2 who can pop up on either wing or down a channel.

the words traditional winger is the problem in todays game there is no traditional wingers anymore due to the way sides play,how many times now do we all scream at the tv to whip the ball in and it gets passed back.i feel football is turning into a chess match.bring back alan walsh

31 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

the words traditional winger is the problem in todays game there is no traditional wingers anymore due to the way sides play,how many times now do we all scream at the tv to whip the ball in and it gets passed back.i feel football is turning into a chess match.bring back alan walsh

Out of likes today.....nothing beat the Walshy shuffle

• Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Dave Smith turning on the turbo for me

I’d agree with that to, drop the shoulder, knock it past the full back, sprint onto the ball and knock it into Robbie Turner, who chests it down for Taylor to knock it in, and then making your way from the back to the front of the shed.... That was my football when I was 16...

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

First thing is I am not saying his not worth his place in team at the moment.When I said on here that I just don’t think he will make it as a striker I got pelters. He has had a few good games and I got reminded of my post. But I still stand by my option he won’t make a championship  striker. I said he won’t get 10 goals a season and I stand by that call. Wide in a front 3 yes but he still has to score at least 6 a season. If he can’t then for me then we find someone who can. O’Dowda should have been let go for the same reason 2 seasons ago. So if he ain’t a striker then Wells has to play as one of the front 3. If we play with a 2 then for me it’s Martin. Goals win you games and we have to find the right mix of players that in a attacking 3 who get 10 games plus a season. If we don’t then we wont progress to the next level. So for me it’s simple he plays but if he ain’t scoring then we try someone else. For me it’s a bit like Massengo we all want the youngsters to be the answer and we have to give them time but eventually you have to make a honest judgment. Some times it does not work out. Bakinson is now way ahead of him and that was in just 12 months. Time will tale. I know I will get questioned for this post. I am sure I will be reminded of this post if he starts  to score goals. Hopefully I will. But honestly ask yourself is he a championship striker?

So are you going to keep repeating yourself every time he doesn’t score? In the hope that you might convince everyone to think you that you might know what you are talking about?

”Not wishing to say I told you so but I told you so!”

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Basically, the 4-3-3 suits him better than the 3-5-2

Totally.

But without Kalas, Baker & Mawson, Holden doesn’t trust a Vyner/Moore 2 man central defensive pairing, which in the case of the latter, is probably just as well.

The other problem is so far this season, for all the moaning by some on here, Wells is the only one of the 4 who looks like a consistent scorer, so he has to start & not out wide, either..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

Some brilliant glimpses and raw talent - but at some point he has to start adding goals to his game.

You'd hope that it could be a case of, get the first and the second will follow soon after. He is certainly getting himself into good positions. 

I guess the question is: he's never really been a goal scorer, his loans (apart from at Bath was it?) have shown that he is not one of these natural finishers banging them away at a lower level and just taking time to step up to the Championship. He's got it physically for this league, so...

15 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So are you going to keep repeating yourself every time he doesn’t score? In the hope that you might convince everyone to think you that you might know what you are talking about?

”Not wishing to say I told you so but I told you so!”

If I wanted to do that I would have posted last week, the week before and the week before that.... It’s an option rather knowing what I am talking about. It’s sort of how forums work. If you have a opinion on the subject please share it. If you need a bit of guidance look at how others have responded. See you on my post next week.... 

11 minutes ago, Better Red said:

If I wanted to do that I would have posted last week, the week before and the week before that.... It’s an option rather knowing what I am talking about. It’s sort of how forums work. If you have a opinion on the subject please share it. If you need a bit of guidance look at how others have responded. See you on my post next week.... 

It just seems ironic how negative posts against players come out after we’ve lost, rather than making the point when we’ve not lost!

Just my OPINION though.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally.

But without Kalas, Baker & Mawson, Holden doesn’t trust a Vyner/Moore 2 man central defensive pairing, which in the case of the latter, is probably just as well.

The other problem is so far this season, for all the moaning by some on here, Wells is the only one of the 4 who looks like a consistent scorer, so he has to start & not out wide, either..

I’m out of likes but agree with this post, Graham.

The question I have is if Holden doesn’t fancy Vyner/Moore as a central two, why bring in Mariappa and not play him - despite telling everyone he’s kept himself fit and is ready to go straight in? 

Wells is a proven goalscorer at this level. I keep repeating the need for him to start as the central striker, playing the width of the six-yard box where he can utilise his instincts. The problem is where his supply comes from.

Edited by tin
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Basically, the 4-3-3 suits him better than the 3-5-2

Possibly, but I’d argue he might benefit from Martin....and even Wells as a partner more than Fam.  Fam just can’t form a partnership.

One little thing.  Watch Diedhiou’s aerial duels when he’s central(ish) facing our goal.  When he’s favourite to win it, he heads on behind him to the left every time.  He doesn’t flick straight on or to his right, he doesn’t look for a City player.  But....if I was Semenyo, I’d ensure my run is to that position.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It just seems ironic how negative posts against players come out after we’ve lost, rather than making the point when we’ve not lost!

Just my OPINION though.

Thats still not an opinion that’s a comment on someone else’s opinion. Let me help. Do you think he is a striker? 

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

Honestly ask yourself should we be bringing a goal scorer off and replacing him with a bloke who doesn’t score