IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

In fairness that MIllwall team they put out was league one.

There are good signs but lets be honest, he needs to start doing it in the league consistently.

It wasn’t though was it?  Other than Fielding the outfield ten had started 149 of 240 league games available (62%).

14B95F1E-85E6-45DE-A2B5-DBB153F152DB.thumb.jpeg.6b12c510a47ce9c9589ef4095a5154f0.jpeg

People sucked into the rhetoric that they made 8 changes, the likes of Romeo was a returning first teamer as was Bennett, whilst Zohore has only recently returned.  I totally get they didn’t play Williams or Wallace, but you can see that it wasn’t as far off their first team as “8 changes” makes it look.

Of course I’m not saying Millwall are a great Champ team either, but it wasn’t a “reserve team” either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It wasn’t though was it?  Other than Fielding the outfield ten had started 149 of 240 league games available (62%).

14B95F1E-85E6-45DE-A2B5-DBB153F152DB.thumb.jpeg.6b12c510a47ce9c9589ef4095a5154f0.jpeg

People sucked into the rhetoric that they made 8 changes, the likes of Romeo was a returning first teamer as was Bennett, whilst Zohore has only recently returned.  I totally get they didn’t play Williams or Wallace, but you can see that it wasn’t as far off their first team as “8 changes” makes it look.

Of course I’m not saying Millwall are a great Champ team either, but it wasn’t a “reserve team” either.

Fair enough  - however their form has been league one (as in 14 points from last 16 games). So I wont getting too excited about him scoring against what was essentially half of a normally weak championship side. Sad to say that they've won 2 of those 16 and one was against us (and the other versus Huddersfield which maybe gives us hope for tonight).

Hopefully he scores tonight and can get going in the league.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Neither was Bobby Reid BTR with all possible respect.

Always said exactly that. Reid had an exceptional 6 months upfront because we caught teams cold - they underestimated his ability. As soon as they adjusted he was quickly found out.  

Amazing Cardiff/Fulham didn't cotton-on to the fact he's a far superior player behind the front two. But Semenyo is no Reid. Although neither are volume goalscorers Reid had consistent and quality output; he could pick a pass and find an opponent. He could also harass & close. Semenyo has the occasional mazy run but largely his end product is severely found wanting. Both side netting and hoardings know that from bitter experience.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Always said exactly that. Reid had an exceptional 6 months upfront because we caught teams cold - they underestimated his ability. As soon as they adjusted he was quickly found out.  

Amazing Cardiff/Fulham didn't cotton-on to the fact he's a far superior player behind the front two. But Semenyo is no Reid. Although neither are volume goalscorers Reid had consistent and quality output; he could pick a pass and find an opponent. He could also harass & close. Semenyo has the occasional mazy run but largely his end product is severely found wanting. Both side netting and hoardings know that from bitter experience.

I don't disagree with any of that but I do believe AS has the attributes and age to possibly surpass Bobby Reid. It will be interesting to see how he develops and whether one of the big clubs see something in him. Either way, BCFC win.

Let's hope it's with us eh! ?

On 24/01/2021 at 15:01, Sheltons Army said:

No goals for Antoine today

That @Better Red May be right you know

Whats the betting no goals again tomorrow 

Lets up tonight is the night he proves me wrong. I hope so.

Never a better chance. Scored a great goal against Millwall and against one of the poorer teams.

I am sure everyone will let me know. 

23 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t agree with the whole notion of striker. I thought that was clear. We have forwards. The nearest to an out and out goal scorer is Wells, which I think I mentioned earlier in the thread. However Holden has played him out wider not centrally, by and large with Fammy more centrally, nevertheless Fammy has a defensive roll to play that he is complemented on consistently, of which I’m sure you are aware.

At this time we are not playing with an out and Jimmy Greaves style “Striker” who has only one roll to score (to be frank many clubs don’t currently as they are few and expensive) Could Semenyo become an out and out goal scoring striker....? Of course....Is he being played as one, no!....Mainly because of all of his excellent work he unsettles himself in front of goal. Will that get better of course, because he’s got the makings of a great player, we will see where that leads.

I’m not sure what difficulty you think I or anyone else is having. I don’t agree with the premise of the thread and have now said so three times. 

Your last paragraph has some resonance. He needs to add more goals which I said in the comment you are replying to. More goals and he may get played down the middle at the pinnacle of our attack as a striker, however right now he offers more as a running forward and as impressive in that role, not in the role that he isn’t playing  which you are criticizing him for. 

I hope that my thoughts stated again are clear.

FYI. The club profile for the lad has him listed as a forward

One of our ‘Strikers’ has scored twice..

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t worry, the sooner some people realise that they are constraining their thought processes by using terms like “striker” to evaluate performance of a player the better.  It can be useful, in its simplistic form, but perhaps demonstrates why English football hasn’t evolved like in other countries.

Thomas Muller, idolised in Germany, Dirk Kuyt, “doesn’t score enough” in this country.  What does that say?

Same as people thinking 433 is more attacking than 451, and the number of “strikers” determines your “attackingness”. 

What a load of horseshit!!

A recent German squad simply listed their players as Goalkeepers, Defenders and Forwards.  Not striker in sight.

One of our ‘Strikers’ has scored 2 tonight....

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You need to work harder at speaking. GCSE fail coming up son...

Another week and no goals. I don’t like to told you so but.... 

Spelling OK? 

On 24/01/2021 at 15:01, Sheltons Army said:

No goals for Antoine today

That @Better Red May be right you know

Whats the betting no goals again tomorrow 

And today...

23 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Another week and no goals. I don’t like to told you so but.... 

Spelling OK? 

And today...

You crack on Belter ?

Keep posting for yourself , with your trousers round your knees 

The fact that you are well along the line of achieving possibly the biggest bell end to have eversigned up,to the forum , which will stay with you for ever ,  is neither here or there I guess

Back to Football Manager , no school tomorrow

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You crack on Belter ?

The fact that you are well along the line of achieving possibly the biggest bell end to have eversigned up,to the forum , which will stay with you for ever ,  is neither here or there I guess

He will be back with a fifth new username soon! 

44 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You crack on Belter ?

But right..