IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

If there's one thing worse than writing a young player, breaking into the first team, off after failing to score, despite othe contribution... 

It's then discounting what he then does do well, because the title of the fixture happens to have "FA Cup" in front of it..! 

Everyone should be delighted and greatly encouraged by his excellent goal today, not trying to discount it, because you'd said something stupid in the first place...! 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If there's one thing worse than writing a young player, breaking into the first team, off after failing to score, despite othe contribution... 

It's then discounting what he then does do well, because the title of the fixture happens to have "FA Cup" in front of it..! 

Everyone should be delighted and greatly encouraged by his excellent goal today, not trying to discount it, because you'd said something stupid in the first place...! 

No ones trying to discredit it. I said I thought he scored a great goal and had a great game.

I said he ain’t a Striker - Got pelters and now everyone agrees.

I said he would score goals in the championship. 24 games later no goals.

So when you say ‘Stupid’ check the facts.

Also note I said I think he could be a decent player. I said he should play wide. He needs to add goals.

What bugs me is everyone seems to want to prove me wrong.  

At the moment I am not. Everything I said was right. 

You may like that I am right(up to now) but I am.  So less of the ‘Stupid’ and more of the you were right....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ok mate. You don’t look silly at all in this thread btw. You have lots of people agreeing with you ?

Does not matter if they agree or not.

Zero goals in 24 goals says on the balance I am right. Again I will say at the moment. 

If it changes and he scores a few goals then I will be wrong. So let’s save the ‘silly’ for when he starts scoring..

Until then best you stop telling me I am wrong as clearly I am right. It just makes you look ‘silly’...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha some of you need to get out more!! Who the hell is lez and why would anyone obsess about someone changing their name on a football forum. As for semenyo good goal but he needs to do show he can replicate it consistently

Lez was Londoner....who acted like a cock on OTIB.

33 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha some of you need to get out more!! Who the hell is lez and why would anyone obsess about someone changing their name on a football forum. As for semenyo good goal but he needs to do show he can replicate it consistently

Because if they are Lez/Londoner it discredits what they say because it’s just trolling. Worth pointing that out before people expend their time and effort debating.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

No ones trying to discredit it. I said I thought he scored a great goal and had a great game.

I said he ain’t a Striker - Got pelters and now everyone agrees.

I said he would score goals in the championship. 24 games later no goals.

So when you say ‘Stupid’ check the facts.

Also note I said I think he could be a decent player. I said he should play wide. He needs to add goals.

What bugs me is everyone seems to want to prove me wrong.  

At the moment I am not. Everything I said was right. 

You may like that I am right(up to now) but I am.  So less of the ‘Stupid’ and more of the you were right....

In most cases he HAS been playing wide. That's why he's not scored any (league) goals. 

Today showed that he certainly has it in his locker. He won't need to rely on poaching or being a target man, but has the potential to do it. 

• Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

He's also getting a lot better at the defensive stuff that he has to do when playing out wide, tracking back, helping his full back out etc.

When he first came into the side a couple of years ago he showed barely any aptitude and even less interest in that side of the game but he's learning and improving all the time now.

Still see him as more of a wide forward rather than a 'striker' as such- in addition to the Cup goals, the assists and what you say about the defensive/tracking back show this.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Better Red said:

But not in a Championship game..

Hence my comment that he won’t score goals in the championship and he ain’t a striker.

I think we all agree now that was right he is not a Striker.

Has he scored a championship goal - no..

Not sure why everybody is so keen to say you are wrong when ‘clearly’ up to now I have been right....

For the record I think he could be a decent player but has to add goals. Let’s hope he does.

But if he adds goals, that will prove you wrong. Will you cope?

Listening to all the pundits on the EFL show, Sky commentators BT Sports and whoever commentates on us all seem to love him and say he will go along way in the game lets not forget he came into the pro game late so saying he is not a striker and wont score goals is crazy,when he does find his feet he will prove a lot wrong and will be out the door to big club for a lot of money 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

But if he adds goals, that will prove you wrong. Will you cope?

If he starts to score yes he will have proved me wrong. As a city fan I would love that.

I said -
He ain’t a Striker

Wont score goals in the championship 

Decent player can play wide but needs to add goals. We don’t want another COD (never scores) if he does not add goals eventual he will just end up on the bench.

Our coaches need to coach him better.

14 hours ago, Better Red said:

But not in a Championship game..

Hence my comment that he won’t score goals in the championship and he ain’t a striker.

I think we all agree now that was right he is not a Striker.

Has he scored a championship goal - no..

Not sure why everybody is so keen to say you are wrong when ‘clearly’ up to now I have been right....

For the record I think he could be a decent player but has to add goals. Let’s hope he does.

Pedant Alert!! ?

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

If folks are trying to bolster Semenyo's prowess by including league & cup fixtures he's notched 9 in 83 appearances, not forgetting half of which were in Divs 1&2.

Striker he ain't.....

He's a kid, bar stand out career strikers that's fairly normal at his age.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 21:49, Better Red said:

Does not matter if they agree or not.

Zero goals in 24 goals says on the balance I am right. Again I will say at the moment. 

If it changes and he scores a few goals then I will be wrong. So let’s save the ‘silly’ for when he starts scoring..

Until then best you stop telling me I am wrong as clearly I am right. It just makes you look ‘silly’...

While you look like something much worse. Turnip. 

How many accounts is it now? Should just ban your ip. 

Semenyo is a forward. He played well on Saturday and was our best player. The commentator was impressed. 

The idea of Striker is largely due to a cartoon. We have forwards who need to get more goals and that is a fact but the whole premise of this thread is just plain wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

He's a kid, bar stand out career strikers that's fairly normal at his age.

Yep, and he’s more of a forward than a “goal scoring striker” at this fledgling part of his career.

C3C810A6-068F-42B1-B6EC-51D23F5203B7.thumb.jpeg.7edef1e965f159231df41ed1fd289245.jpeg
7312E472-D706-49B4-863B-0E0FB439352D.thumb.jpeg.f2d5eb41f4bde4354fa01edac572c965.jpeg97A6E535-8D54-4440-AA00-3352B1F30B6F.thumb.jpeg.ac27972849be270536e296570f5e9c36.jpeg

82 appearances (41 starts) 9 goals, 10 assists.

Mins 4316.  Equiv of 48 full-90s.

That’s the context, and that’s not too shabby for a guy who plays all across the line.

Abd that’s not adding in his general contribution.  A lot to look forward too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1