IGNORED

Top 3

Roger Red Hat

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not good for football is it. If it was three big clubs then that's one thing but Watford and Bournemouth do me a favour who wants them guaranteed a Prem place every 2 years

Agreed. Looking at the top 10, it seems to me that us and Brentford are the only 2 without relatively recent prem experience?

29 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

All 3 have managed to hold onto key players which has been massive 

Norwich - Buendia, Pukki, Cantwell, Aarons

Watford - Sarr, Deulofeu, Hughes 

Bournemouth - Solanke, Danjuma, Brooks, King 

plus other good players 

Delofeu has gone, but they’ve kept many and added through the dodgy Udinese link.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, but we beat them.

I'll take that 'luck' for the rest of the season.

That’s the issue though isn’t it, we’ve had a bit too much. This all goes back to the false position debate. We’re playing like a mid table team at the moment, no real dominance and more than our fair share of luck... today was coming. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

And the team currently top couldn’t beat a team at home that we’ve already beaten. Must mean they aren’t good enough to go up judging by some of the comments on here after today

Ridiculous comment and you know it, you’re better than that.

Norwich have 13 points from current top 10 teams.

By comparison we have 5 - but that’s got nothing to do with Norwich being good enough to go up, which they very much are.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Ridiculous comment and you know it, you’re better than that.

Norwich have 13 points from current top 10 teams.

By comparison we have 5 - but that’s got nothing to do with Norwich being good enough to go up, which they very much are.

That’s my point pal. People are almost expecting us to be Norwich level who have the likes of Buendia, Pukki and Aarrons still there. Krul in goal too. 

And here we are playing ******* Rowe & people are acting like top 6 in December is a disaster ?

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That’s my point pal. People are almost expecting us to be Norwich level who have the likes of Buendia, Pukki and Aarrons still there. Krul in goal too. 

And here we are playing ******* Rowe & people are acting like top 6 in December is a disaster ?

Personally not seen many expecting us to be on the level of Norwich, nor that currently being in the top 6 is a disaster...

Have seen plenty debating whether we’ll stay in the top 6 though (and as always the usual negativity post defeat)

I guess it’s all about the half full vs. the half empty....OTIB’s rich tapestry! 

If you have to play Norwich at any time then today was the day.

They had 13 (!) players out injured, only 6 subs & no fit strikers, Stiepermann, a CB was playing up front.

No Krul, Buendia or Pukki, all out injured. Still got a point, though...

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not good for football is it. If it was three big clubs then that's one thing but Watford and Bournemouth do me a favour who wants them guaranteed a Prem place every 2 years

Well said.

I doubt the Premier League itself are too enamoured at the prospect of those two going back up.

(in contrast to the reaction given to Leeds return this season)

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

If you have to play Norwich at any time then today was the day.

They had 13 (!) players out injured, only 6 subs & no fit strikers, Stiepermann, a CB was playing up front.

No Krul, Buendia or Pukki, all out injured. Still got a point, though...

Good thing we've not had any injury problems to key players so far this season then. 

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

But that depends on how you judge the term ‘BIG’, are you judging it size of stadium & how many titles they’ve won? Or are you judging it on what division they’ve been in for the last couple of years?

For me, technically Bournemouth & Watford are bigger than us, they have been able to attract better players than us, pay bigger transfer fees, pay bigger wages & finish higher up the football pyramid than us. They’ve also started the season with a better quality of squad while still paying more wages & transfer fees because of the money they have coming into the club compared to us.

Archived