IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

Our well documented injuries are all (bar Weimann) defensively based. 
My worry is we don’t create many chances and the Pato spells of 1 good game, 5 average ones mean we have zero other options. 
COD- no creativity 

KP “could” relish in the hole behind a Wells/Martin/Semenyo partnership- but I think his time here is done. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Frankly he didn't solve our problems when here on loan. He didn't solve our problems when we signed him permanently. I struggle to believe he would solve our problems if brought back in January.

All valid points 

I would. He’s never been given the run, or as much of a chance to impress, as COD and Pato. Stick him, as said, in the hole behind Fam/Martin and he could thrive, he’d have Bakinson/Nagy behind him to protect him allowing him the freedom he needs to create for us. We’ve barely had any shots the last few games as we have absolutely zero creativity, you can say “Palmer doesn’t offer anything defensively” but does Pato? Half the time I’m not even sure he’s on the pitch let alone where on it, Palmer at least sticks to his position. 

With Eliasson permanently gone we’re totally bereft of that game changing pass player, at least we still own Kasey so why not use him? Can’t be worse then the current combo of Pato/COD can it?

Also Pato was the best he’s been after he returned from Derby last Jan so. . . who knows, could be a master stroke. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I would. He’s never been given the run, or as much of a chance to impress, as COD and Pato. Stick him, as said, in the hole behind Fam/Martin and he could thrive, he’d have Bakinson/Nagy behind him to protect him allowing him the freedom he needs to create for us. We’ve barely had any shots the last few games as we have absolutely zero creativity, you can say “Palmer doesn’t offer anything defensively” but does Pato? Half the time I’m not even sure he’s on the pitch let alone where on it, Palmer at least sticks to his position. 

With Eliasson permanently gone we’re totally bereft of that game changing pass player, at least we still own Kasey so why not use him? Can’t be worse then the current combo of Pato/COD can it?

Also Pato was the best he’s been after he returned from Derby last Jan so. . . who knows, could be a master stroke. 

Wow - I really think you need to watch them both carefully off the ball and have a rethink 

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wow - I really think you need to watch them both carefully off the ball and have a rethink 

Where was Pato today? He was basically nonexistent. He floats all over the midfield and it’s left us exposed before. 

Not saying Palmer is the definitive answer and all round complete player, but he’s a nice option to have. Especially with the extra subs now and whatever the hell is going on with Walsh. 

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Oh come on. Patterson offers nothing. Bottles tackles, doesn't look for the ball. Waste of a shirt.

True

No goals , no assists

Nothing

Im not sure I’d be building a eleven around Pato long term ,  but ‘offers nothing’ is simply nonsense 

or is this a knee jerk reaction to today....

Yep.  I wouldn’t have sent him out on loan in the first place. 
Gifted player who can unlock a defence. I think he puts a shift in too.

it seems ridiculous to me that we spent a lot of money on him (was it £4 million? Quite a lot for us), and he was here on loan beforehand so it’s not as if anything was a surprise, and since then he has barely featured. Surely a player signed for a lot of money needs a chance. Otherwise what’s the point?

£4million on Kasey Palmer.

You would build a team around that kind of signing wouldn’t you? Especially if you want a “10” in a 3-5-2.

Nope. He is on loan at a rival in a midfield that includes a ball winning midfield icon who played for us once too.

Meanwhile at BS3, we have two midfielders who cannot recover from injuries we gave them, a left midfielder in the centre who is a “ball carrier” but does not assist or score, a talented but ghost like “10” who we sent out on loan a year ago and now is our focal point and talisman, and a Monaco youth product we signed for a few million who somehow has had the skill and nerve sucked out of him in 12 months for no apparent reason.

I think given our complete lack of options with regards to resting Paterson he has to come back unless the club can either get Swansea to agree to a permanent deal now or we intend to go into the transfer market ourselves to solve our problem.

Of course, our issues could be solved should Williams & Walsh suddenly become fit but seeing as they are currently as fit as myself, that looks unlikely & we can’t carry on through the second half of the season expecting them to hit fitness every two weeks to then be told they’ve relapsed again!

I guess we have until the end of January to decide unless things get worse here regards injuries.

A lot depends on Walsh, whether he’s back or due back around that time, whether he takes to this level and whether he signs a new deal. If he’s fit in January, play him as a the 10 and keep Palmer at Swansea. 

Long-term, I don’t think we’ll recoup anywhere near what we paid on Palmer. He’s clearly a mercurial talent but needs a good season. 

It makes no sense to bring him back. We do not play a system where he fits.  He's not a "6" He's not an "8"

And the idea that we will change the way we play to fit him is so bizarre... that... you know... we sent him out on loan.

That's how far it is from Holden's mind. He literally sent him to a rival team rather than have the OPTION of having him here.

And EVEN if we DID play a system that suited him with a "10" role. We would play Paterson over him. We do not want to use him.

The best thing for the CLUB in a situation like this is short term we get a club to pay as much of his wages as possible, and have him play WELL somewhere else so he's in the shop window.

It doesn't matter if he's good or not at this point, we don't seem to want him.

8 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Kasey is a good player and will always play well if in the correct position. You mentioned ‘in the hole behind Fam and Martin. I think DH needs to think further than this and look at the”hole” behind Fam and Martin as these two are not playing well at the moment or not playing to their full potential. Fam is being played as not a centre forward and needs at least another player up there with him. Fam is playing to far back and his build and stature in this position is not his style. He is good in the air and crosses from the wings need to be aimed at his nut and he will score. I think COD has improved and is showing some great touches and for site in going forward. Pato well Pato is good but is only exceptional when the team is playing well. So where to we put Kasey ?  I see Kasey as a mid fielder or on the left hand side of mid field. Every city attack or going forward against Reading seemed to be from the right side most of the times.

Not for me, I think he’s a bit of a show pony, tore apart a L2 defence at the start of the season, but offers little against better teams. Can anyone honestly say that he would have made a difference yesterday and against Watford?

Pato often does go ghost like, but I sometimes think that this is more to do with teams nullifying him as he is seen as our more creative output.

until Williams and Walsh are back, our midfield is full of busy bees with only a periodic creative element.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Hardly tearing it up at Swansea is he. Only one start since joining them. Restricted to mainly 15/20 mins from the bench.

Unfortunately this is how I see his career panning out. He isn’t an up and coming youngster anymore. Would think by now he would have nailed down a starting place at some club.

This.

Never understood why we bought him, mediocre whilst on loan (& whilst on loan at Blackburn, Huddersfield, Derby) the reason he never gets a run is because he is never consistent enough to deserve one.

Does the occasional amazing pass but scores very few (11 in his career) and not much by the way of assists, either.

If Williams & Walsh were ever fit to make some sort of contribution I doubt he would even be mentioned.

Hoping Swansea take him off our hands but I doubt they will.

9 hours ago, liamhealeybcfc96 said:

Interested to know would you bring back Kasey Palmer in January because atm  we don’t have many attacking options on the bench and the fact you can name 9 subs and with weimann out injured do you think dean recall’s him and would you 

We do not have many attacking options even if it was not due to injuries. Bringing back Kasey would be good but we are still lacking in a proven goal scorer. Fam can do it but he’s playing to far back.

going on a different path here but we played only 3 at the back against Reading and what did they do. They pumped balls into the right back and left back areas. This was our down fall plus most of the players were not up to it. If you travelled to this away one you would most probability be asking for your Money back

Archived