IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

Palmer needs to be allowed free reign to be able to receive and pass the ball quickly then get it back again. (Something in the way Edgar Davids used to play, and no I'm not comparing the 2!) But that requires quick movement around him and we are not playing that way atm. As Red Robbo said, he needs to keep moving but he needs movement ahead of him to off load. He is no good at tracking back and defending but we shouldn't be asking that of him, thats not where he is effective. I don't think he will work in our present set up, and I don't see Holden changing it any time soon. He must have brought him back for some reason though.

3 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Not to debunk your information Dave but you only have to look at the way LJ treated Palmer to see that isn’t the case

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

But then you could say the same about how he got rid of Wright and the comments he made of him. Complete contrasts.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmm....not for me. LJ barely played KP in his first loan spell, never really spoke that highly of him, and then completely axed him from the setup after he signed on a permanent deal. I'm sure LJ was keen on the idea of a fully fit, fully committed KP, however the reality is that KP lacks important attributes required of a top-end Championship footballer. His concentration levels and desire to help defend on behalf of the team are substandard, and personally I think he'll struggle to carve out a career at this level, unless something fundamentally changes. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Surprising then how LJ made cooing noises towards the end f his loan spell

’If I could have Kasey for a full pre season ‘ etc

Got him , played him , went off him ,left him out.....

Some of the deflection and defences of Johnson , whilst everything is pointed at Ashton is cringeworthy tbh 

I think you all make valid points.  Just relaying what I was told.

Unless he comes back and sets the world alight, it’s gonna go down as a horrid signing....worse than Tomlin (permanent)....plus we are unlikely to get back what we did for Tomlin too.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I think you all make valid points.  Just relaying what I was told.

Unless he comes back and sets the world alight, it’s gonna go down as a horrid signing....worse than Tomlin (permanent)....plus we are unlikely to get back what we did for Tomlin too.

Running on from your recruitment review thread Dave

We really havn’t done great with our ‘Marquee’ ( Big £££) signings have we

Tomlin

Famara (Not a disaster in any way but not a roaring success)

Palmer

Wells

Kalas (Done ‘ok’ but not sure we’d recoup our money at the moment)

You can see now that Tomlin , Famara , and , as it stands , Palmer are likely to see a deficit in £million of double figures , in fees alone 

When all of the dust settles and which side of the HNM or KP45 fence you prefer to be, the facts are these players are Bristol City players, we even tried before we bought with Palmer.

The point I am making is that Massengo, Nagy, Palmer, Wells & I would include Adelakun because the stats say so, are talented individuals who would grace any team.

The CLUB have identified these players and signed them and although the Head Coach is there to discuss these potential signings it is JL & MA & Co who sanction the deals once all of the club's criteria have been met.

Therefore it doesn't really matter whether it's LJ or DH as they are merely the coach.

It is up to the Head Coach to get the best out of these talented individuals.

So if HNM isn't featuring or gets hauled off that is down to the poor tactics of the coaching staff not the player. A right footed midfielder playing wide left!?!

If Palmer is losing the ball it is because there is no movement up front. That is down to tactics of the coaching staff. It is not because he is a "show pony"

I rate Palmer. I know he splits opinion and has flaws, but I think he’s a real talent and one of the very few creative players we’ve got. Just think about the through-ball to Rowe at Brum early last season, or the pass to Brownhill for the late winner v Charlton. He needs to do this more, but it’s there. And he needs a run of games. 

And when it comes down to it, we spent quite a lot of money on him (was it around £4m?) after he’d been here on loan. We knew enough about him to sign him. So if he’s not deemed good enough by the club, that raises questions for me about our recruitment. Why spend that sort of money for the sake of it? 

I say bring him back, give him a run in the side (it can’t make us any worse than we have been) and see what happens. 

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmm....not for me. LJ barely played KP in his first loan spell, never really spoke that highly of him, and then completely axed him from the setup after he signed on a permanent deal. I'm sure LJ was keen on the idea of a fully fit, fully committed KP, however the reality is that KP lacks important attributes required of a top-end Championship footballer. His concentration levels and desire to help defend on behalf of the team are substandard, and personally I think he'll struggle to carve out a career at this level, unless something fundamentally changes. 

Funnily enough that was my views on JET

4 minutes ago, dazy07 said:

Had amble opportunity at many clubs and not shown anything. Poor mans JET

Would you rather he sat on the bench at Swansea City who are second in the league and we continue to cobble together 9 subs or he at least sits on our bench? Agreed he needs to offer more but he is someone who can at least offer some positivity and attacking intent. 

• Admin
Just now, Coppello said:

Would you rather he sat on the bench at Swansea City who are second in the league and we continue to cobble together 9 subs or he at least sits on our bench? Agreed he needs to offer more but he is someone who can at least offer some positivity and attacking intent. 

Would rather he wasted Swansea's time and money sat on their bench. 

I've no confidence he's the type of player we need at the moment.

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Against probably his level of opposition, unfortunately!

Can we bloody not? I don’t see anyone saying this about Chris Martin after that game. Why can’t we just get behind a player, an undoubtedly talented one at that, instead of immediately dismissing and putting him down? He had an amazing game against Northampton, why can’t we celebrate that, huh? 

He could galvanise our season, he could also not but let’s support him either way yeah? 

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would rather he wasted Swansea's time and money sat on their bench. 

I've no confidence he's the type of player we need at the moment.

A player that can create coming into a team that doesnt create? Really is the type we need.

Play him in a 3-5-2 just behind the front 2 and tell him you’re going to get a run of games to prove yourself.  There’s an undoubted talent but some on here seem to think unless he beats 6/7 or plays a worldie within the 10-20 mins as sub he had last year then he’s rubbish.  Other players get a run of games to find form here so Kasey’s turn.  Seems to be quite a few willing him to fail just to say “told you so!!”

Don’t blow your chance Kasey, so over to you.

Archived