IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

2 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Play him in a 3-5-2 just behind the front 2 and tell him you’re going to get a run of games to prove yourself.  There’s an undoubted talent but some on here seem to think unless he beats 6/7 or plays a worldie within the 10-20 mins as sub he had last year then he’s rubbish.  Other players get a run of games to find form here so Kasey’s turn.  Seems to be quite a few willing him to fail just to say “told you so!!”

Don’t blow your chance Kasey, so over to you.

Exactly, it’s up to him...given the chance.  He has to train well, improve fitness, be disciplined out of possession and let his skills come to the fore in the final third.

I like his ability.  Would I be banking on his saving our season? Nope.  Will I be supporting and hoping he does well? You bet I will, just like all City players.

18 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Can we bloody not? I don’t see anyone saying this about Chris Martin after that game. Why can’t we just get behind a player, an undoubtedly talented one at that, instead of immediately dismissing and putting him down? He had an amazing game against Northampton, why can’t we celebrate that, huh? 

He could galvanise our season, he could also not but let’s support him either way yeah? 

Hear, hear. It certainly would be a bit of a change to have someone in the side who excites us. I might not be holding out too much hope but I am willing him to do well. If you want your own players to fail just for bragging rights then you need your head read.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly, it’s up to him...given the chance.  He has to train well, improve fitness, be disciplined out of possession and let his skills come to the fore in the final third.

I like his ability.  Would I be banking on his saving our season? Nope.  Will I be supporting and hoping he does well? You bet I will, just like all City players.

If only all city fans had that attitude!!!!

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Got all the talent but needs to do the other things better. Far more talented a player than Weimann but will have a worse career than him at this rate.  

All we can hope is that going out on loan was a bit of a shock, not getting much game time at Swansea was a bit of a kick too....couple that with his second child on the way....it might dawn on him that now is the time to mature and work hard.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All we can hope is that going out on loan was a bit of a shock, not getting much game time at Swansea was a bit of a kick too....couple that with his second child on the way....it might dawn on him that now is the time to mature and work hard.

Or he will think he doesn’t need to as he’s on £20k per week regardless!

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would rather he wasted Swansea's time and money sat on their bench. 

I've no confidence he's the type of player we need at the moment.

I think he's exactly the type of player we need at the moment, i.e. a creative, attacking midfielder. Whether he can provide the workrate, and other defensive requirements is another matter.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Are you implying Semenyo is poor off the ball as well?

I’m implying that Semenyo, on an off day, runs around like a headless chicken. Lots of effort but sets off on runs that go nowhere and loses possession in dangerous positions.  Just like Palmer on his bad days 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Just out of interest, how do you get all of your information regarding how much our players are earning?

Just curious!

32 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Can we bloody not? I don’t see anyone saying this about Chris Martin after that game. Why can’t we just get behind a player, an undoubtedly talented one at that, instead of immediately dismissing and putting him down? He had an amazing game against Northampton, why can’t we celebrate that, huh? 

He could galvanise our season, he could also not but let’s support him either way yeah? 

So have you seen much of this talent at the level we are playing at?

Hasnt consistently got into any starting 11 in any of his championship teams. 
Will be great if he steps up but he has very little history of doing so. 
We all love a show boater but this guy is lazy, being honest, and has yet to exactly provide the difference. 
Hes played as a bench warmer for enough different managers to show hes maybe not quite up to it now. Lets hope theyre all wrong and hes the saviour. 
Does he even want to be here too? Will be interesting to see his levels of commitment should he get some game time!

13 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Just out of interest, how do you get all of your information regarding how much our players are earning?

Just curious!

Pick up little things hear and there and can estimate some.  For example I know that he was on £22k per week at Chelsea so highly likely he is on at least £20k here. Some people in the past have mentioned 25-30k but I would use £20k as it’s the least he will be on. 

18 minutes ago, nickolas said:

So have you seen much of this talent at the level we are playing at?

Hasnt consistently got into any starting 11 in any of his championship teams. 
Will be great if he steps up but he has very little history of doing so. 
We all love a show boater but this guy is lazy, being honest, and has yet to exactly provide the difference. 
Hes played as a bench warmer for enough different managers to show hes maybe not quite up to it now. Lets hope theyre all wrong and hes the saviour. 
Does he even want to be here too? Will be interesting to see his levels of commitment should he get some game time!

He’s never been afforded a decent run of games, certainly not with us. I can’t speak to his situation at Swansea but there were better players higher up the pecking order. When Kasey turns it on, think the Charlton pass, he’s a literal game winner. 

Right now we have 0 creativity so forgive me for getting excited at the return of our most creative player. 

As far as the “benchwarming” thing goes, Nagy was a benchwarmer at the start of the season and now look. Benkovic hasn’t even played at Cardiff yet he was great here and would waltz into our 11. Let’s maybe reserve judgement till KP has actually played again for us. 

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He might do....but I don’t think he’s lazy, I don’t think he has a particularly bad attitude either....but he needs to take in defensive responsibilities better.  Either from constant nagging from the coaches or leadership on the pitch.  A good leader could talk him through a game.

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Are you implying Semenyo is poor off the ball as well?

He’s got a fair bit learn about what he does off the ball both when we have the ball and when we don’t.  He is raw....in some ways that’s good (in a Kodjia way), in other ways it’s frustrating.

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

It’s not like he is a new signing though is it. We have supported him and seen what he is about. One good performance against Northampton isn’t a cause for celebration. If it was, our standards and expectations really have fallen!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It is more the basics I think he has to get right. Not beating many players or providing a world class through pass every game.

Those things will come anyway, as that's what he's all about. 

He has such obvious ability. Surely, surely he can do better than what we have seen so far.

Yes, not too many opportunities. But then after some of the performances I completely understood him not getting chances in the next games.

He would lose the ball too much in dangerous areas, and hasn't the stamina to be the type that gives a solid 6 out of 10 on a bad day because of brilliant work rate for the team.

The QPR first half last season he worked his socks off. Was amazing to see. But then 2nd half his work rate dropped massively as he looked shattered. I doubt he could only be bothered first half. It's more stamina issues I think. Maybe he can get fitter or maybe he's not naturally ever going to be super fit and able to sprint for 90, or even 60-70.

I think maybe he conserves his energy more than others, as he can't sprint around like Weimann, Nagy and O'Dowda. 

A point someone made about him playing wide left is an interesting one. I'm thinking how he always looks better when he has time on the ball. And the Millwall's of this league he can struggle against in that central area.

Put him wide left in a 433 where we have seen Wells play. He'd have more time on the ball then against most opponents as he's in a wide area of the pitch where usually there is a bit more space and time on the ball.

But he can also drift in field into central areas. Not a bad idea at all. I don't think he'd protect the left back brilliantly, but he may not need to.

The left of the 3 central midfielders can do that a lot as they shift across and Semenyo can be a more disciplined winger the other side. 

When Wells played wide left it looked planned to me that he would not track back too much as they wanted him on the break in an advanced position.

Interestingly that game Palmer played for Blackburn against us where he missed that sitter, he caused us real problems first half playing on the left wing.

Jon, I saw a YouTube video that Ayman Benarous put up on twitter the other week of some young kid, about 7 maybe 8, dribbling around loads of opponents with dragbacks, nutmegs etc.  I tweeted back jokingly with “paaaaassssssss it”.  It annoys me when I see these videos and the player can’t appreciate when to pass it.

Unbeknown to me at the time, but I soon found out, as he replied “I hadn’t learned to pass it then”....it was a video of him. ???

But the point stands, some young players get so far into the pro game without learning how to pass.  Not saying Palmer is one of those, Ryan Kent was though....but it is a very important skill to know when to pass it.

Beat the man, commit the second man....pass it....don’t try and beat the first man again.

Second bold point....sometimes he was the “pass the buck option”, e.g. always wants the ball....sometimes don’t give it to him.

Re Stamina....completely agree.  He’s quite a well built lad....he’s not an athletic build per se.

I also suggested that it might be worth integrating him in wide positions first.  Get him up to speed.

Nothing at all against KP because I happen to think that if played in the right system, and given a run of games to get fit rather than thrown under a bus and dropped after every below performance, he could actually  be a good player for us.......but......Holden obviously doesn’t fancy him so if he was on £20k a week, why not just let Swansea pick up the tab and get someone in on loan that Holden does rate?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He might do....but I don’t think he’s lazy, I don’t think he has a particularly bad attitude either....but he needs to take in defensive responsibilities better.  Either from constant nagging from the coaches or leadership on the pitch.  A good leader could talk him through a game.

He’s got a fair bit learn about what he does off the ball both when we have the ball and when we don’t.  He is raw....in some ways that’s good (in a Kodjia way), in other ways it’s frustrating.

He is Dave , certainly in terms of team play

Semenyo , who has justification in being raw in places , has progressed beyond Palmer in many aspects 

Palmer was at Charlton at the age of 9 , and moved to Chelsea’s Academy at 13

Those coaches and those since, in senior football , have all seemingly been unable to sort out his game or his idea of a role - That’s alarm bells surely 

Given how dogshit everyone says we are, lacking creativity, too slow, lack of creative passing etc, some of the comments on here about KP are a little bit baffling.  I get the defensive side of his game, but personally I'm delighted he's back. For me he has to play as a ten with a mobile 9, like he was with Afobe (christ, how we're missing him...) and he needs to get a run of games, for nothing else to instil confidence and allow KP to develop his game, knowing he's starting. We've got some time to work on him prior to the next game.  Come on KP45, show us what you can REALLY do!

4 hours ago, Redpool said:

I’ve come to accept the fact whoever we bring into City, no matter how talented. We’ll just break that potential down and make them shite. 

Ah, that's the "We go again" wonderful coaching set up we have here. You'll need to look at the numerous other threads that are appearing more by the day almost as quickly as we develope more long term injuries

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s not like he is a new signing though is it. We have supported him and seen what he is about. One good performance against Northampton isn’t a cause for celebration. If it was, our standards and expectations really have fallen!

It essentially is, look at what happened with Pato in the same situation last season. I refer again to Nagy earlier this season, people on here are way too quick to write people off. 

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

There's quite a few on here who haven't got a clue what that word means. They certainly never show any sign of it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There's quite a few on here who haven't got a clue what that word means. They certainly never show any sign of it anyway.

I get going on at Wells etc, y’know players who are playing regularly and playing shit but this habit of launching into players who either aren’t playing (Palmer, Nagy) or are only playing very little after a while out (Massengo) is so tiresome. 

Archived