IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

4 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I get going on at Wells etc, y’know players who are playing regularly and playing shit but this habit of launching into players who either aren’t playing (Palmer, Nagy) or are only playing very little after a while out (Massengo) is so tiresome. 

Out of interest

Have you watched his Swansea performances 

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Out of interest

Have you watched his Swansea performances 

I’ll be honest, I don’t make a habit out of watching Swansea. It’s largely irrelevant anyway given the difference in the teams, Pato hardly set the world on fire at Derby did he? 

I’m interested in how Palmer does here, now. He could be great, he could be not great. Let’s give him a chance. 

48 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

He’s never been afforded a decent run of games, certainly not with us. I can’t speak to his situation at Swansea but there were better players higher up the pecking order. When Kasey turns it on, think the Charlton pass, he’s a literal game winner. 

Right now we have 0 creativity so forgive me for getting excited at the return of our most creative player. 

As far as the “benchwarming” thing goes, Nagy was a benchwarmer at the start of the season and now look. Benkovic hasn’t even played at Cardiff yet he was great here and would waltz into our 11. Let’s maybe reserve judgement till KP has actually played again for us. 

Naaa. Far too positive! Get off this forum!! ????

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

So have you seen much of this talent at the level we are playing at?

Hasnt consistently got into any starting 11 in any of his championship teams. 
Will be great if he steps up but he has very little history of doing so. 
We all love a show boater but this guy is lazy, being honest, and has yet to exactly provide the difference. 
Hes played as a bench warmer for enough different managers to show hes maybe not quite up to it now. Lets hope theyre all wrong and hes the saviour. 
Does he even want to be here too? Will be interesting to see his levels of commitment should he get some game time!

You do know there are levels in between being lazy and not playing well and then being the saviour. If he comes back and is a good squad player, whether that's off the bench or starting, that's a positive no?

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

He’s never been afforded a decent run of games, certainly not with us. I can’t speak to his situation at Swansea but there were better players higher up the pecking order. When Kasey turns it on, think the Charlton pass, he’s a literal game winner. 

Right now we have 0 creativity so forgive me for getting excited at the return of our most creative player. 

As far as the “benchwarming” thing goes, Nagy was a benchwarmer at the start of the season and now look. Benkovic hasn’t even played at Cardiff yet he was great here and would waltz into our 11. Let’s maybe reserve judgement till KP has actually played again for us. 

How could we forget it? He's been dining out on that pass for the best part of two seasons

Hopefully Dean tries

Bakinson         Nagy       

Palmer

Adelakun                    Semenyo

Wells

As with every game, a player who gets a chance to play gets a fresh chance to impress, same with coaches.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Translation: "Finally I might get some service now"

I think it's. "Yes!, someone else they can stick on the left and not me!"

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Pick up little things hear and there and can estimate some.  For example I know that he was on £22k per week at Chelsea so highly likely he is on at least £20k here. Some people in the past have mentioned 25-30k but I would use £20k as it’s the least he will be on. 

So it’s a guess then 

On 04/01/2021 at 20:04, Swede said:

When all of the dust settles and which side of the HNM or KP45 fence you prefer to be, the facts are these players are Bristol City players, we even tried before we bought with Palmer.

The point I am making is that Massengo, Nagy, Palmer, Wells & I would include Adelakun because the stats say so, are talented individuals who would grace any team.

The CLUB have identified these players and signed them and although the Head Coach is there to discuss these potential signings it is JL & MA & Co who sanction the deals once all of the club's criteria have been met.

Therefore it doesn't really matter whether it's LJ or DH as they are merely the coach.

It is up to the Head Coach to get the best out of these talented individuals.

So if HNM isn't featuring or gets hauled off that is down to the poor tactics of the coaching staff not the player. A right footed midfielder playing wide left!?!

If Palmer is losing the ball it is because there is no movement up front. That is down to tactics of the coaching staff. It is not because he is a "show pony"

Not so. They don’t sign any player without the head coach wanting that player. LJ, when he was in the job publicly said so as did Mark Ashton. 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Pick up little things hear and there and can estimate some.  For example I know that he was on £22k per week at Chelsea so highly likely he is on at least £20k here. Some people in the past have mentioned 25-30k but I would use £20k as it’s the least he will be on. 

So there's no actual fact.

It's hearsay, assumption and putting two and two together and getting....???

Fair enough!

45 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If he was on £22k at Chelsea how much do you reckon he’s on here ?

I think the point he was making is you / we don’t actually know he was on £22k at Chelsea either.

Websites like Sportrac state wages, but we don’t know how accurate they are:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/2018/

Same with Football Manager....even I look at Sortitoutsi database to get what I think a ballpark figure might be.

I don’t doubt that it’s in the region you are suggesting, but sometimes we don’t know whether the rumoured wage is basic, with bonuses etc.  For example Tammy was alleged to be on £50k pw when he went to Swansea, but then you hear other stories that it’s £25k pw basic, plus a bonus package worth the equivalent of £25k pw based on hitting certain appearances targets.

Someone one here, think it might’ve been @Spoonsonce replied to a post I made about wages with the comment “have you seen his contract or payslip then?”.  It’s a fair comment, and since then I never quote wages as being anything other than rumoured / alleged.  If I have, then slap my wrist! ?

Ian on Forever Bristol City pod comes out with wage amounts like they he’s ITK...I’d rather not go down that line..

Hope he does well. Don't see where he best fits tactically.

What @JonDolman said about the left of a 4-3-3 could be interesting, but is Palmer one who can pull wider? Paterson seems better suited in that respect IMO.

Definitely has raw ability but unsure he's the answer. Tucked in behind Wells? Could be fluid.

Doesn't seem to be so easy to find an ideal tactical role for Palmer though.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the point he was making is you / we don’t actually know he was on £22k at Chelsea either.

Websites like Sportrac state wages, but we don’t know how accurate they are:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/2018/

Same with Football Manager....even I look at Sortitoutsi database to get what I think a ballpark figure might be.

I don’t doubt that it’s in the region you are suggesting, but sometimes we don’t know whether the rumoured wage is basic, with bonuses etc.  For example Tammy was alleged to be on £50k pw when he went to Swansea, but then you hear other stories that it’s £25k pw basic, plus a bonus package worth the equivalent of £25k pw based on hitting certain appearances targets.

Someone one here, think it might’ve been @Spoonsonce replied to a post I made about wages with the comment “have you seen his contract or payslip then?”.  It’s a fair comment, and since then I never quote wages as being anything other than rumoured / alleged.  If I have, then slap my wrist! ?

Ian on Forever Bristol City pod comes out with wage amounts like they he’s ITK...I’d rather not go down that line..

He was in court for a driving offence and had to give his salary which was £22k per week so I do know he was on £22k per week! 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He was in court for a driving offence and had to give his salary which was £22k per week so I do know he was on £22k per week! 

Actually a tad higher than that

£110k per month according to Palmer himself to the Court

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/former-huddersfield-town-stars-wages-15228536

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Actually a tad higher than that

£110k per month according to Palmer himself to the Court

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/former-huddersfield-town-stars-wages-15228536

Fair enough. Was doing it from memory

Even more reason to believe he’s on at least £20k at City. Don’t think players take 20% pay cuts!  

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Fair enough. Was doing it from memory

Even more reason to believe he’s on at least £20k at City. Don’t think players take 20% pay cuts!  

Fwiw , I agree with you

Most sites claim our top earners on £25k a week

None of us certain but I’d have a punt Palmer in £20-£25k a week

2 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

It essentially is, look at what happened with Pato in the same situation last season. I refer again to Nagy earlier this season, people on here are way too quick to write people off. 

Wade Elliot. Matt Smith. Without thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Fwiw , I agree with you

Most sites claim our top earners on £25k a week

None of us certain but I’d have a punt Palmer in £20-£25k a week

£100k a month, £1.2 million a year tops, what a complete waste of money. Terrible signing.

Archived