IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

5 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

That was my view as well but when asked LJ the direct question ‘who has the last say on signings’ he replied that in a football sense he does but from a ‘whose paying for it sense’ the Lansdowns have the absolute final say. 

You're right. LJ said publicly many times that he had the final say on signings.

It was unequivocal and came from the horses mouth repeatedly so no reason to disbelieve him over fan theories..

19 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I do have a clue;  as mentioned.  He was on £22k per week at Chelsea. That’s a clue.

Think you can’t take most things concerning wages with a pinch of salt  tbh. Unless you know exactly the ins & outs of any clubs finances , basic wage, bonuses etc which no one does if they’re honest then it’s a guess . 

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Knowing our luck, they will discover that KP has a new, 3rd variant of Covid ( The Welsh virus) that is even more virulent.

Not only will KP be unable to play for the next 3 months , but because it is so virulent, it will be discovered that all of the senior squad and coaching staff have been infected and will be required to quarantine for at least 2 months, so that we are forced to play the U21s for the rest of the season.

The alternative would be forfeiting games, but the club argue that as we’ve done that for much of the last 6 weeks we are not prepared to do so any longer!

I posted this in jest, but have just read this on the BBC website!................

Wayne Rooney and Derby's first-team squad will miss Saturday's third-round FA Cup tie away at Chorley following the coronavirus outbreak which closed their training ground on Monday.

The Rams team for the game at Victory Park will be made up of under-23 and under-18 players.

Under-23 coaches Pat Lyons and Gary Bowyer are likely to take charge.

The Moor Farm training facilities were closed after a number of players and staff tested positive for Covid-19.

On Monday the club said they were "in dialogue with the EFL and Football Association in relation to upcoming fixtures".

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Conspiracy theorists off again ?

No conspiracy theorist usually., I'm just doing a bit of speculation and seeing what response to it there is. You've come back with a dig at the poster and no reference to the post itself, cheap shot.

Just feel it could be a very convenient way of being awkward. Players have been known to get stroppy when they've been asked/told to do something which is inconvenient for them, or they didn't fancy doing. He's now got fourteen days off.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

No conspiracy theorist usually., I'm just doing a bit of speculation and seeing what response to it there is. You've come back with a dig at the poster and no reference to the post itself, cheap shot.

Just feel it could be a very convenient way of being awkward. Players have been known to get stroppy when they've been asked/told to do something which is inconvenient for them, or they didn't fancy doing. He's now got fourteen days off.

Cheap shot ? Get a grip ffs , I’m having a laugh , taking the piss . Remember what that is ? 
far too many people reading way to much into things . Lighten up man ?

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Cheap shot ? Get a grip ffs , I’m having a laugh , taking the piss . Remember what that is ? 

That's exactly what I thought about your post. 

29 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I didn't see the laughter in tears emoji, thought it was just crying.??

On 05/01/2021 at 22:45, And Its Smith said:

Fair enough. Was doing it from memory

Even more reason to believe he’s on at least £20k at City. Don’t think players take 20% pay cuts!  

Many did over the last year - some Barcelona players allegedly agreed to a 70% pay cut - other clubs around the globe have followed suit with significant pay cuts - the truth is, no one on here knows how much our players earn ...

With regards Palmers wages, I’m sure LJ at the time said that Palmer had made a big financial sacrifice to make the move happen. With regards Palmer in this City team, the movement will need to improve tenfold, otherwise he will get caught on the ball, same as Massengo has this season. That’s why things clicked between him & Afobe, Afobes movement was good, they had an understanding. It was a massive part of why our season fell away last season, when Afobe wasn’t available. We aren’t going down ( we shouldn’t anyway ), play him, give him a run of games where he knows that shirt is his for a number of games. We might just get some entertainment value back! COYR 

On 06/01/2021 at 16:34, downendcity said:

Knowing our luck, they will discover that KP has a new, 3rd variant of Covid ( The Welsh virus) that is even more virulent.

Not only will KP be unable to play for the next 3 months , but because it is so virulent, it will be discovered that all of the senior squad and coaching staff have been infected and will be required to quarantine for at least 2 months, so that we are forced to play the U21s for the rest of the season.

The alternative would be forfeiting games, but the club argue that as we’ve done that for much of the last 6 weeks we are not prepared to do so any longer!

Surely not Covidagogogoch !!!

On 06/01/2021 at 12:55, And Its Smith said:

Some of us thought he was poor on loan and didn’t want him to sign permanently. Many hailed him as a great signing the same that Wells was too. Both one dimensional players 

Some of the best players in the world are one dimensional, what it comes down to is playing to their strengths. No football club in a second tier will ever have a full squad of outstanding players, but you can have players who in the right situation are outstanding. 

Wells can score, and score a lot, but he has to be utilised correctly and that's not happening right now.

This club will never be fighting for promotion until we can actually get someone in charge that can get the best out of our players and will be able to identify the players they need rather than having Ashton signing the players he thinks fit. 

The issue is with the management, hence we're seeing such crap football from players we know can be so much better. 

Interesting post on Swansea Forum when discussing KP

One of their regular & sensible posters posts

External influences with Kasey dont help

Asked to clarify what he means , replies 

He has been plagued with his choice of partner over the years, didn't help him at Chelsea, and hasn't really gone away. Twitter, social media the undoing of many a decent footballer. As Gary Neville once said, You know about David Bekham, his wife, his kids, his life, but nobody off the cuff can name Paul Scholes wife.  

To anyone whose seen KPs Social Media might not be shocked 

36 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He has been plagued with his choice of partner over the years, didn't help him at Chelsea, and hasn't really gone away. Twitter, social media the undoing of many a decent footballer. As Gary Neville once said, You know about David Bekham, his wife, his kids, his life, but nobody off the cuff can name Paul Scholes wife.  

Well I'm glad you posted this...it's exactly what I think too. Outside influences effecting outcome. It's another JET situation...get comfortable on a decent wage, settle, lose focus and just go through the motions thinking it's the norm...then boom before you know it, out on your backside, mortgage, family etc and begging to play again with hindsight. I've thought this from day one with him...like you say...social media ?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’m struggling to understand how social media is his undoing. Is he losing his vision for tweeting too much? And are you trying to suggest that the celebrity life of ex Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and PSG player David Beckham made him a less accomplished footballer?

I don’t see much different on KP’s social media to the other thousands of  professional footballers. Just seems another stick to beat an underperforming player with. God forbid that players have a life and express themselves when they are not training or playing.

EDIT: Just looked at Kasey’s Instagram, and can just see recent photos of him with his wife and child and others of him playing football. So this seems even more confusing to me. 

8 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I’m struggling to understand how social media is his undoing. Is he losing his vision for tweeting too much? And are you trying to suggest that the celebrity life of ex Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan and PSG player David Beckham made him a less accomplished footballer?

I don’t see much different on KP’s social media to the other thousands of  professional footballers. Just seems another stick to beat an underperforming player with. God forbid that players have a life and express themselves when they are not training or playing.

EDIT: Just looked at Kasey’s Instagram, and can just see recent photos of him with his wife and child and others of him playing football. So this seems even more confusing to me. 

You’re correct and it’s just a recurring thing some posters in particular like to do with certain young players.

Bobby Reid got stick for having an attitude, JET For having a life outside of football & now it’s KP. Can bet it’ll be Semenyo next. 

KP isn’t even very active on social media. If people are moaning about his mrs posts that he’s tagged in then the likes of Korey Smiths does exactly the same sort of thing but she’s not considered to be a nuisance.

10 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I don’t see how his wife running a successful make up business would impact his football. Korey Smith’s wife has double the following (and is twice as unbearable) and that seems fine. Someone’s just plucking stuff out of the air there. 

When I was helping out with food donations at AG, Kasey and his girlfriend were also the only people to do massive shops and deliveries to food banks around Bristol off their own back too. 

23 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

You’re correct and it’s just a recurring thing some posters in particular like to do with certain young players.

Bobby Reid got stick for having an attitude, JET For having a life outside of football & now it’s KP. Can bet it’ll be Semenyo next. 

KP isn’t even very active on social media. If people are moaning about his mrs posts that he’s tagged in then the likes of Korey Smiths does exactly the same sort of thing but she’s not considered to be a nuisance.

8 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I wonder if we’d be hearing the same criticism if he wasn’t a young black guy with dreadlocks ??‍♂️

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Well I'm glad you posted this...it's exactly what I think too. Outside influences effecting outcome. It's another JET situation...get comfortable on a decent wage, settle, lose focus and just go through the motions thinking it's the norm...then boom before you know it, out on your backside, mortgage, family etc and begging to play again with hindsight. I've thought this from day one with him...like you say...social media ?

His Instagram is literally just pictures of football and his family.

His twitter account has had 5 or 6 tweets that arent football related since April. They were about the fact his Mrs is pregnant and helping food banks.

Screenshot_20210109-100603_Instagram.jpg

Just now, petehinton said:

I wonder if we’d be hearing the same criticism if he wasn’t a young black guy with dreadlocks ??‍♂️

I highly doubt it. 

The reasoning some posters give are so vague as well, I’d like to know exactly what it is they’ve seen that makes these ‘outside influences’ so much stronger here than every other player we have on our books. 

Imagine a few heads would fall off if Palmer posted his flash cars in the same way Kalas does! 

20 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I highly doubt it. 

The reasoning some posters give are so vague as well, I’d like to know exactly what it is they’ve seen that makes these ‘outside influences’ so much stronger here than every other player we have on our books. 

Imagine a few heads would fall off if Palmer posted his flash cars in the same way Kalas does! 

Yep spot on. Reflected in society unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Dear oh dear

What a complete melt

Get back to calling players Morons ehhhhhh

You will be one of the first , as usual , to start bad mouthing and insulting players on match day 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

I highly doubt it. 

Think you are jumping and ranting before any thought at all

They seem a decent family unit and that’s brilliant to see

I wasn’t the original poster on their forum , Palmer seems a decent lad , but It may be that Palmers good lady is the driving force in many things , but she can’t do it for him on a football pitch

Whatever the problem KP , for all his undoubted ‘ability’ , has failed to establish himself as a starter at six Clubs now and someone needs to unlock the key or his career is going south

Good luck to him but being able to jet around the World in First Class , from holiday to holiday , as an academy player , and before you’ve established yourself as a professional footballer,  tests desire 

As for the racist shite - grow up

Kalas at least is a proven Championship Pro and International 

Well, its only human nature to look for reasons why he does this or that.

The fact is he is a very talented footballer and if we are looking at players who will propel this club to the next level then the likes of Kasey Palmer is exactly the sort of exciting player we need playing for Bristol City and not playing for a competitor in the same league.

The club have made the investment and commitment and it is up to the coaching staff to now get the best formation in place to suit his undoubted talents. If this continues to fail as in Palmer is in and out of the side or Wells' scoring and chances diminish then its not the players that need changing its the ineffective coaching regime.  

23 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Think you are jumping and ranting before any thought at all

They seem a decent family unit and that’s brilliant to see

I wasn’t the original poster on their forum , Palmer seems a decent lad , but It may be that Palmers good lady is the driving force in many things , but she can’t do it for him on a football pitch

Whatever the problem KP , for all his undoubted ‘ability’ , has failed to establish himself as a starter at six Clubs now and someone needs to unlock the key or his career is going south

Good luck to him but being able to jet around the World in First Class , from holiday to holiday , as an academy player , and before you’ve established yourself as a professional footballer,  tests desire 

As for the racist shite - grow up

Kalas at least is a proven Championship Pro and International 

Ive got no issue talking about his on the pitch performances, but when people suggest his private life is the reason for it when from what I’ve seen he posts less than most & does little different to others who don’t get these claims sent their way I have to question what they have seen to feel that way. 

So your last sentence in your original post, what is it you’ve seen on his socials that has made you or others believe it affects his on the field performances?

1 minute ago, Swede said:

Well, its only human nature to look for reasons why he does this or that.

The fact is he is a very talented footballer and if we are looking at players who will propel this club to the next level then the likes of Kasey Palmer is exactly the sort of exciting player we need playing for Bristol City and not playing for a competitor in the same league.

The club have made the investment and commitment and it is up to the coaching staff to now get the best formation in place to suit his undoubted talents. If this continues to fail as in Palmer is in and out of the side or Wells' scoring and chances diminish then its not the players that need changing its the ineffective coaching regime.  

Great post Swede.

Whatever individual opinions of his game and what he’s done in a City shirt overall, when you see performances like Bolton (FAC on loan) or Derby (a) or passes like against Brum, there’s something that the City coaching team need to get hold of...and just as importantly Kasey himself take onto the pitch.

If not, it’s £3.5m (plus wages) down the drain.

I think we give other players far more slack, e.g. because “Fam’s from Knowle” when he jogs around or doesn’t close a passing angle, nobody gets at him.  But if Palmer did that he’s lazy.

I’m not expecting him to come back and turn our season round, but he can come back in and be an important part of the 18/20, play a decent share of minutes and contribute.  He needs to work hard on his fitness / stamina though.  Probably a player that needs to keep topping it up, although I think he’s also a player who gains from playing minutes.

Archived