IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

liamhealeybcfc96

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not expecting him to come back and turn our season round, but he can come back in and be an important part of the 18/20, play a decent share of minutes and contribute.  He needs to work hard on his fitness / stamina though.  Probably a player that needs to keep topping it up, although I think he’s also a player who gains from playing minutes.

We have no chance of seeing the best of KP unless we play him regularly imo.

People might say this makes him a special case - but maybe his potential contribution, compared with 'the runners' means he is.

If we're not going to play him regularly there seems little chance of him regaining match fitness and therefore playing at his best when we do call upon him.

Little point in bringing him back in that case.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We have no chance of seeing the best of KP unless we play him regularly imo.

People might say this makes him a special case - but maybe his potential contribution, compared with 'the runners' means he is.

If we're not going to play him regularly there seems little chance of him regaining match fitness and therefore playing at his best when we do call upon him.

Little point in bringing him back in that case.

Agree, it’s weighing up the pros and cons of different combinations for the benefit of the team.  If someone has to play more conservatively to allow KP or whoever to benefit.  It’s what Brownhill did last season when Pack was sold and Nagy got injured to allow Palmer and Massengo a bit of freedom.

Football is all about compromise here and there.  The important thing is that players understand their role and what others are doing to make their role easier.

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

His Instagram is literally just pictures of football and his family.

His twitter account has had 5 or 6 tweets that arent football related since April. They were about the fact his Mrs is pregnant and helping food banks.

Screenshot_20210109-100603_Instagram.jpg

Good looking couple and stylish. Nice pics 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Think you are jumping and ranting before any thought at all

They seem a decent family unit and that’s brilliant to see

I wasn’t the original poster on their forum , Palmer seems a decent lad , but It may be that Palmers good lady is the driving force in many things , but she can’t do it for him on a football pitch

Whatever the problem KP , for all his undoubted ‘ability’ , has failed to establish himself as a starter at six Clubs now and someone needs to unlock the key or his career is going south

Good luck to him but being able to jet around the World in First Class , from holiday to holiday , as an academy player , and before you’ve established yourself as a professional footballer,  tests desire 

As for the racist shite - grow up

Kalas at least is a proven Championship Pro and International 

‘There’s definitely no subconscious racism involved in any way. That’s a fact. End of. So just grow up’ 

That’s racism solved then. Nice one forum. I’ll let the BLM crowd know we’ve sorted it and it’s time to grow up. 

Maybe we can sort out trans issues next?? See if we can get that sorted before end of season. 

On 08/01/2021 at 08:30, Spike said:

Some of the best players in the world are one dimensional, what it comes down to is playing to their strengths. No football club in a second tier will ever have a full squad of outstanding players, but you can have players who in the right situation are outstanding. 

Wells can score, and score a lot, but he has to be utilised correctly and that's not happening right now.

This club will never be fighting for promotion until we can actually get someone in charge that can get the best out of our players and will be able to identify the players they need rather than having Ashton signing the players he thinks fit. 

The issue is with the management, hence we're seeing such crap football from players we know can be so much better. 

Yep. The problem is by doing that it limits Ashtons power. We can't have that.

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, it’s weighing up the pros and cons of different combinations for the benefit of the team.  If someone has to play more conservatively to allow KP or whoever to benefit.  It’s what Brownhill did last season when Pack was sold and Nagy got injured to allow Palmer and Massengo a bit of freedom.

Football is all about compromise here and there.  The important thing is that players understand their role and what others are doing to make their role easier.

I will come clean, I really rate Kasey and I don’t think we have remotely got the best out of him.

Between now and the end of the season he needs to be played but he also needs a system around him that lets him shine. Creatively, he is by far the best we have but now is the time to prove that and build on it.

I don’t think he is lazy but yes, his defensive side could improve but that is down to DH and the coaching staff - alongside himself.

We are not going up and, hopefully, not getting dragged into a relegation battle, so my advice to DH for what it’s worth is put an arm around his shoulder, work him hard, find a system that helps him BUT play him.

If it doesn’t work out then find another solution in the summer and move him on.

For KP himself, he needs to realize that he is running out of chances and could potentially, waste his career, albeit he is being well rewarded but that isn’t everything.

He does have to realize that he went to Swansea to work with Cooper, my understanding is that he wanted that move, that did not work either.

Time for both parties, Kasey and the club, to unlock what we all want.

17 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

‘There’s definitely no subconscious racism involved in any way. That’s a fact. End of. So just grow up’ 

That’s racism solved then. Nice one forum. I’ll let the BLM crowd know we’ve sorted it and it’s time to grow up. 

Maybe we can sort out trans issues next?? See if we can get that sorted before end of season. 

Before your next speech

Think you need to re read the posts and see what melts tried to introduce the race card 

cant understand why we have to keep having ago at are own players, ripping into kp before he has even lace his boots again for us, reminds me of kids in the playground stuff. Players need confidence from the management team but most of all us fans. Respect earns respect.kp needs to play in the Gascoigne roll for a good run of games .im quite excited to see how kp and wells link up as i have always said its about finding a good strong partnership.

Just now, Pezo said:

Are you trying to steal robbored trolling title.

Plenty complained about Tomlins social media when his form dipped - what that down to some identity politics bull shit? 

What is there to complain about within both the player and his family’s pages? Genuine question. Happy long term relationship with a kid and another on the way ???

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I unfollowed most of the players a long time ago. Usually same old boring stuff. I find the trend of fans following players WAGS/family a bit odd really. The content is hardly going to be interesting.

Similarly I used to follow a few players and have given up - I thought it would all be inside knowledge, banter and football. Turns out they have other interests that I don't share and all the football stuff seems to have to go through the club unsurprisingly. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

What is there to complain about within both the player and his family’s pages? Genuine question. Happy long term relationship with a kid and another on the way ???

Nothing, it's his life and the image he wants to portray - it's actually quite an inspirational one of family, hard work and friendship.

I don't pretend (or throw around baseless accusations) to know why people would have a problem with it but some people clearly think its a distraction - I think its probably saving him from worse distractions. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We have no chance of seeing the best of KP unless we play him regularly imo

Agreed. No surprise really though is it. Current team is full of proof. 

Nagy - showed in his first couple of games what he was about. Hailed as the messiah. Then got injured and tombola’d, suddenly he’s lightweight and a running headless chicken. Now he’s playing regularly he’s arguably one of our best players. 

Vyner - He’s not good enough because he’s been out on loan and at national Scottish pub league Aberdeen. Oh look, a settled run in our team and turns out he’s really quite decent  

O’Dowda - on the whole useless and ineffective. Now marginally less useless and ineffective with a run in the team.

Massengo- flashes of brilliance. How on earth did we get him from Monaco! Ashton is amazing! Tombola’d. Shadow of himself now because he’s not playing. 

How many more?!

There’s a bi-product to recruiting 65 players in 4 seasons. Inconsistent selection and no time given for players to establish themselves. If the players don’t fit the system, don’t bloody buy them! If they do fit, give them the time, the coaching and encouragement they need to settle and influence our team. 

KP would do just fine if he was consistently given a place in the team and coached properly. Wells and Semenyo would thrive with KP’s creation given time. 

43 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Similarly I used to follow a few players and have given up - I thought it would all be inside knowledge, banter and football. Turns out they have other interests that I don't share and all the football stuff seems to have to go through the club unsurprisingly. 

Yeah, I used to when I was younger.. but the novelty wore off a bit. Same sort of things. I just follow a few waifs and strays we've had over the years such as Arnold Garita and Tristan Plummer.

I follow more retired former players such as Trundle, Murray and Noble. 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You need to follow Nahki Wells then....

Haha, I'd prefer a bit of controversy I think. Mostly just bog standard run of the mill stuff with players. Can't say I blame them, anything out of the ordinary would get picked up on in this day and age. 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Before your next speech

Think you need to re read the posts and see what melts tried to introduce the race card 

No worries. Re-read all the posts and I think I found the melts that introduced the race card. Was it a few thousand years of white ethnocentric society? Am i right?

Let me know and I'll prep my next speech.

53 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Agreed. No surprise really though is it. Current team is full of proof. 

Nagy - showed in his first couple of games what he was about. Hailed as the messiah. Then got injured and tombola’d, suddenly he’s lightweight and a running headless chicken. Now he’s playing regularly he’s arguably one of our best players. 

Vyner - He’s not good enough because he’s been out on loan and at national Scottish pub league Aberdeen. Oh look, a settled run in our team and turns out he’s really quite decent  

O’Dowda - on the whole useless and ineffective. Now marginally less useless and ineffective with a run in the team.

Massengo- flashes of brilliance. How on earth did we get him from Monaco! Ashton is amazing! Tombola’d. Shadow of himself now because he’s not playing. 

How many more?!

There’s a bi-product to recruiting 65 players in 4 seasons. Inconsistent selection and no time given for players to establish themselves. If the players don’t fit the system, don’t bloody buy them! If they do fit, give them the time, the coaching and encouragement they need to settle and influence our team. 

KP would do just fine if he was consistently given a place in the team and coached properly. Wells and Semenyo would thrive with KP’s creation given time. 

Tippity top post @deadredfred  

I so wish the 3 wise men would see the simple things in our control and implement them for a sustained period creating and growing partnerships and building real confidence and togetherness even by just aiming to perfect the basics. 
KISS comes to mind at the moment. 

Archived